Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
They do have shuttle service between this location and all terminals at LGA. From National website:
Originally Posted by huskyflyer
they have a 24/7 shuttle here (even when the station is officially closed for new pick ups)

But it may be faster to walk to some of the terminals as you just need to cross a bridge.
Great, thanks. Last time I did a rental at LGA was ages ago and there was still a stupid two-shuttle system where the branded ones took you to one place and then an intra-terminal shuttle took you from there to the terminal, and I vowed never to do anything like that again when a $15-20 expensible Uber was a ready alternative.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by huskyflyer
there’s a 24/7 shuttle, but if you arrive after hours you just have to ask the driver to give you a private drive to the terminal.

also, it may be faster to just walk to the AA terminal (not sure what terminal DL is in).
DL is in Terminal C.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Great, thanks. Last time I did a rental at LGA was ages ago and there was still a stupid two-shuttle system where the branded ones took you to one place and then an intra-terminal shuttle took you from there to the terminal, and I vowed never to do anything like that again when a $15-20 expensible Uber was a ready alternative.
It's a less than 5 minute ride to Terminal C departures so I would think an uber shouldn't be more than around $10-$12.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:31 pm

Saturday April 20 at around noon.

The Emerald Aisle was under construction so I suspect they were allowed to take any cars on ES.

ES was filled with the usual rental SUVs but nothing "special" like BMWs, Mercedes. I saw a BMW 7 Series and XT5 parked in the Emerald Reserve section. However, there were a few Jeep Grand Wagoneers, a Tahoe (or Suburban), Expeditions for those who are looking for large SUVs. I ended up taking a Grand Cherokee 4Xe (but the fuel economy was bad).

Return lane - Ouch someone damaged a Challenger pretty badly.

ES - wanted to try this one

ES

ES

Pretty comfortable ride to Rhode Island, but the fuel economy was not worth it. Averaged like 22MPG along the i95 to reach Rhode Island while on the XC 60 on the same route I got closer to 28-30MPG last month)
xienon likes this.

Last edited by huskyflyer; Apr 21, 2024 at 9:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.