Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:51 am

Was here Friday morning (23rd of February) and had some interesting choices on the executexe aisle. Had your normal stuff but it had a few CX5 which I would of taken if it had Android auto all with NY plates and a SS camero vert which I also considered but took a grand Cherokee since I needed the room
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Rented on Saturday 2/3. Standard sedans in the Emerald Aisle, Altimas, Camrys, Sonatas and smaller versions of those manufacturers. I took a Sonata which I'm always happy to have.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:08 am

debating between national and hertz for a one day rental. Its going to be a one way rental lga-dca and I have an amex plat so I have presidents circle with hertz and ec executive according to my profiles. Never rented a car before besides zipcar and rarely ever get to drive anymore after moving to nyc. So I want something fun to drive and be willing to pay a little bit more for the upgrades per day. Was wondering if anyone knew which place generally has nicer cars.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by snowboardpunk
debating between national and hertz for a one day rental. Its going to be a one way rental lga-dca and I have an amex plat so I have presidents circle with hertz and ec executive according to my profiles. Never rented a car before besides zipcar and rarely ever get to drive anymore after moving to nyc. So I want something fun to drive and be willing to pay a little bit more for the upgrades per day. Was wondering if anyone knew which place generally has nicer cars.

With National in LGA at least it's very hit or miss. Last time I was there they had a camero SS on the aisle. Before that I saw a Q60. With Hertz I never rented it there but based on rules and restrictions I would go with national firet imho. A lot. Of the fancy cars is restricted to people with departing flights for their dream cars collection and some others. The signature series is fine for local ones
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Today the Exec section looked like a Jeep dealership. There were the Jeeps, an Impala, and a BMW 430. Guess which I took.
I know. Them new Impalas are real nice cars!!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
Originally Posted by Closingracer
With National in LGA at least it's very hit or miss. Last time I was there they had a camero SS on the aisle. Before that I saw a Q60. With Hertz I never rented it there but based on rules and restrictions I would go with national firet imho. A lot. Of the fancy cars is restricted to people with departing flights for their dream cars collection and some others. The signature series is fine for local ones
What is a camero?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by PA42
What is a camero?

You know what a "camero" is. Just that my keyboard on my phone is pretty bad with this website for some reason I don't bother with spell checking anymore. The camaro if you want to be politically correct
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:40 am

Was here this morning and nothing much on the exec aisle other then name your Rogue, camery, Altima, Malibu and impala. There was a Grand Cherokee, 300 and a Charger and a Mazda CX5. Took the CX5 which is a nice ride. There was a Durango RT with Canada plates I wanted to take but they wanted an up charge which makes no sense when you have a Grand Cherokee with AWD as well. Reasoning was because of the weather with it snowing a few days earlier.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:10 am

Today the aisle had pretty much the same thing as last time I posted but had a 2018 Ford explorer and a 2017 Ford explorer. Would of taken the explorer since it's a nice ride but the gas mileage just sucks.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:33 am

This morning after Easter Sunday and during a light snow storm the place was packed. I think they even used the return area to hold some cars

​​​​​​Executive aisle had
Rogues in bunch of different colors and had 1 SL with AWD
Camerys
Fusions
Nissan Maximas in few different colors and all SV trim
Chevy Malibus
Impala

Upgrade section
2018 XTS
2018 BMW 430ix2
2 Infiniti Q50 3.0t trim (one with AWD which I took)
1 Q60 3.0t

Took a 2018 Q50 3.0t with AWD and it seems the standard list got stuff taken away or National didn't order it with the option this time around which is less likely
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:39 am

Did you pay for the upgrade?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by khigbee
Did you pay for the upgrade?

Yes. It was originally $50 reg, $40 for executive and $35 for elite. I just asked what I was comfortable spending on which was $25 and they did it. Burning my free days atm so it wasn't horrible 3 days with gas and the upgrade for a total of $150( gas was $56 at $2.84 and the average around the area is $2.89 for cards as far I noticed)
Old May 3, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Been over a month since an update was posted here. Not much to talk about this evening. SUV galore.

xienon and Gammur like this.
Old May 5, 2018, 6:58 pm

is there a reason one-way rentals to manhattan aren't bookable anymore?
Old May 22, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by jr611
is there a reason one-way rentals to manhattan aren't bookable anymore?
Since around October or maybe November of last year it has been very hit or miss for one way rentals out of LGA. Sometimes system will take the reservation, but most often these days not. This seems to happen especially around peak travel/reservation periods.

General consensus from managers in Manhattan is that LGA needs their inventory and aren't allowing one way rentals freely as in past.

It does stink as often far easier to zip out to LGA from Manhattan late/overnight and pick up something than deal with getting to an in city location by 6:30PM. That and the new limited hours on Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.