Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:30PM

There were so many cars that I lost count.

ES:

Chevy Impala
2013 Chevy Malibu
2013 Ford Escape
Honda Accord
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Santa Fe
Hyundai Tucson
2013 Nissan Altima
Nissan Maxima
Toyota Camry
Toyota Venza
Many more that I lost count, it was freezing cold and I didn't even bother to check the rest.

EA:

Chevy Malibu
Ford Focus
VW Jetta
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Tucson
Many more and more mid-size and compact cars.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:39 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new to National rentals, but through my company account have been given Executive status.

I booked a rental in PHL next week with the Executive Selection.. Anyone have an idea of how likely it is to have an SUV in the aisle?

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Josher747
Hey everyone! I'm new to National rentals, but through my company account have been given Executive status.

I booked a rental in PHL next week with the Executive Selection.. Anyone have an idea of how likely it is to have an SUV in the aisle?

Thanks
That's really tough to answer. It really depends. A lot of it is based on what day and time you rent. On Monday morning around 9 AM is their busiest time but its also when they have one of the biggest selections available.

Roughly speaking I would say 40%-60% chance they have one.

Also note that the way the lot is setup the car you want may be buried in the middle of the Executive aisle. Don't be shy and just ask one of the attendants to help you move cars so you can get what you want. That is one thing they are good at in this location. I've actually been approached and asked if I wanted them to move cars.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:06 am

Thanks
As long as they have them in, the mid-size SUV's will usually be on the aisle.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite

Thanks
I rent from this location every month for the past year. Different times and they all had SUVs on the lot, don't expect anything fancy. Mostly base trim, no sunroof no backup camera, etc.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:43 pm

Thanks for the replies, everyone! It's just a one day rental, so I'm not incredibly worried about it, just hopeful
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:36 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Picked up today wed 2/27 at 1:30pm - EA was mosly Impalas - ES was a bunch of SUVs. with Ford Flex (would have taken if my mother wasn't with me), Honda Accord, Hyundai Sonata, and VW Passat (which I took) thrown in the mix.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Have to give a thumbs up to PHL recently. Rental this week from ES- after seeing me roam for a minute among the Impala herd the agent asked me what I wanted, and they found a Maxima for me. Also had a low tire pressure light last year that required filling the tire multiple times each day- they compensated me without argument for the inconvenience.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Picked up from PHL this Monday around 1:30 PM. .The bus was full heading over, but luckily so was the ES row. .Didn't have time with the crowd getting there, but cars I did see:

Altimas
Sonata
300 (basic trim)
Lacrosse (was going to grab this, but it had 16k on it already)
Optimas
I'm sure there were some other standard-types I forget.
Also saw someone returning a Genesis as I was pulling out, so those must be available from time to time as well.

The SUV selection was impressive-
Enclaves (one with 230 on the odo, leather, working XM and backup cam-Mine)
Cherokees
Sorentos
Escapes
Taho
Subruban(I think)
Others I'm sure....

Didn't have a chance to check the EA, but it was also full.

Besides being bigger than I need for this trip, the Enclave is good so far. .Comfortable for highway driving, but on the underpowered side from a standstill.. They were great about moving cars so I could get one out of the middle of a row, but the checkout gate took forever!

Last edited by CruisingAltitude47; Apr 25, 2013 at 9:49 am
Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:14 pm

It was an okay selection at PHL yesterday - 8/12/13 (not so Exec Selection IMO...)
ES:
Taurus SEL (My pick...)
Toyota Venza
Chrysler 300
Nissan Juke
Nissan Altimas
Chevrolet Captiva
Toyota Camry
Jeep Compass

That's about it...
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:22 pm

Picked up today Wed 10/9 at 2 PM. Lot was very empty. EA was mostly 200s. ES was Altima, Malibu, 2 Escapes, and 2 2014 Impala Ltd (took a loaded LTZ trim one - would have taken Escape but mother hates SUVs.

Premium area, probably Premier now, had Tahoe, FX.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:03 am

At return on Thurs 10/10 at noon, the selection in ES was much better, noted in ES were Venza, 300, 2014 Impala (non Limited). I should also note that there is major remodeling and construction going on in the lot as well as the counter building.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:30 pm

PHL

Rented last weekend. Executive and Emerald were full of cars Friday night. I'm executive but rented a premium from national for $61/weekend (cheapest option) and my father in law a premium from Alamo for $56/weekend. We had selection of the exact same three cars (disappointing). 2014 impala lt, 2013 Avalon xle and Chrysler. Nothing stood out in the executive aisle that seemed better.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Monday 7am. Nicely loaded ES. Pick your FCAR along with Escape SE, 300, Lacrosse and '14 Impala LTZ (new style). Took the Impala which had 5,000 miles and expired XM. First time at this location in years and was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone was. All very helpful.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Christmas eve 7pm. ES and EA were strictly cars only. Anything else was being held back for Chrstmas.
highlights of ES were couple Taurus, new Impala, Camaro, Camaro Convertible, Challenger, Prius, plus the usual suspects. Did not get a good look at EA, as it was cold and dark, but did see a Mazda5. Ended up taking an upgrade to a Acadia for $16 a day on top of my $0 a day I was paying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.