Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:46 pm

That's bizarre. Enterprise airport locations used to do that over 10 years ago, but even that seems to have stopped. I wonder why National put this new language in. Plenty of city people take mass transit to airports, either because the weekend rates are lower, and/or to avoid city traffic and tolls going and coming.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Wonder if it is a response to the airport’s decision to restrict parking? Airport decided to permanently close the economy lot eliminating 7,000 spots. Airport has been reminding travelers to find alternative transportation. SEPTA is a pain with luggage and a family. Uber unreliable during the holidays.

Picking up a rental the day before, loading up the family, and then dropping it off at flight time is a reasonable alternative. Wonder if those one day rentals for airport commutes is messing with inventory management?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hourglass
I saw on the PHL location's arrival instruction that

"This office only services deplaning Airport customers. "

Do they check your flight ticket at the booth or is the location only accessible via shuttles and the shuttles are after security area?
From searching my email confirmations, it looks like this has been part of the arrival instructions since at least June 2019. I live in South Jersey and usually rent at PHL as a non-deplaning customer a couple of times a year -- e.g. I have a reservation in a couple of weeks where I'm parking at PHL, driving for business to another Mid-Atlantic city and returning the car there, then flying from that city to CLT with a return flight to PHL. I have never been asked to provide proof I arrived by plane. You can walk to National on service roads from the airport, but there are no sidewalks and it's probably safer and shorter in time to take the shuttle, which drops you off inside the rental facility. It's not walkable to anything other than the terminals and other rental car facilities.
Auto Enthusiast and hourglass like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:56 pm

Update?

Has anyone been through PHL lately? If so, how was the selection?
Old May 3, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE

Snagged a 2021 BMW 228 sedan with 25k miles last Friday night (4/29) around 10pm. Was several Challengers and small size pickups in the Exec aisle.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:36 pm

Arrived 8/20 (Sat) morning. Very well stocked.

Executive Aisle: Various Mid to High trim Mid-size SUVs - VW Atlas, Toyota RAV 4, Mazda CX-9, Jeep Cherokee, Dodge Charger, a Volvo S60, and — the winner for me, a Volvo XC60 (nicely equipped - with panoramic sunroof, Harmon/Kardon sound system), only 17K miles. Gotta love National.

Emerald Aisle: Camry, Altima, Malibu, some RAV 4, a Mazda CX-30, and some other compact SUV from Kia/Hyundai.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: National - Executive Elite
Anyone been through PHL lately? Looks like I'll be flying in next Sunday and grabbing a car for two weeks...
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by cmshields
Anyone been through PHL lately? Looks like I'll be flying in next Sunday and grabbing a car for two weeks...
Pretty boring recently. Vanilla sedans, Nissans, etc. Compact to midsize SUVs, almost everything in base trims. Chevy Equinox is about where it tops out, only thing larger I've seen there recently is a 4 Runner. There's frequently been a 2-door or two (Challenger, etc.) when I swing through. Sometimes a pickup, but usually not a crew cab. Even if you rent up, selection is poor and trims are still pretty basic. Every time I've rented up to a nicer SUV they've almost always been Audis and must be base trim as well because they drive like dogs. I had to practically beg and then they found an XT6. PHL is one of the locations I like the least these days... but I've tried Avis as a President's Club member and every time, without fail, they want to put me in a Chrysler 300 without fail and then offer paid upgrades to minivans.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 3:49 pm

Programs: * A
Any recent updates?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 5:27 pm

Just picked up at PHL this afternoon: EA and EE seemed pretty similar: Camry, Highlander, Multiple Rogues, Frontiers, Couple of RAV4s, Sportage, Tucson Limited with dealer sticker from Boston Area, Sorento, at least 1 Accord, a couple of Santa Fes were being brought out. Nothing particularly special...I took a Rogue SV with 3400 miles.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:30 pm

Picked up Friday night around 9pm. EA and ES are similar. Seems like no PS in this location. EA are mostly sedans and compact SUV. ES has highlander, Grand Cherokee and a 2024 Volvo S60 B5 FWD which I took. 50 miles on the clock and runs smooth although it is a base trim. Reserved has some minivans, a CT5, a XT6 and an Escalade. When I checked out at the booth there was a Camry TRD in front of me which I am super suprised EAN has TRD trim Camry in the fleet. Returns Sunday night. The lanes overflow with weekend rentals. Nothing special while I got on shuttle and my Volvo is the only luxury brand among all of the returns.
KRSW and funnyfarm299 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.