Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:58 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Picked up today wed at noon had a premium reservation they gave me a Cadillac CTS wagon with 12 mileson it. ES was a Ford Flex, minivans and some basic SUVs. EA was 2 Impalas and 2 HHRs. Only other car on the lot was a Tahoe. They're really short on cars and they agreed when I remarked this.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Picked up today wed at noon had a premium reservation they gave me a Cadillac CTS wagon with 12 mileson it. ES was a Ford Flex, minivans and some basic SUVs. EA was 2 Impalas and 2 HHRs. Only other car on the lot was a Tahoe. They're really short on cars and they agreed when I remarked this.
You got a CTS-wagon? Awesome, get outta here! If it was a CTS-V, you're going to make me cry.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
You got a CTS-wagon? Awesome, get outta here! If it was a CTS-V, you're going to make me cry.
Nah not a V but has the double moonroof though (panorama roof in Mercedes speak).
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: na
HI

Speaking of cts v edition.i've seen them in florida locations both coupes and sedans.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Originally Posted by agero2k5
Speaking of cts v edition.i've seen them in florida locations both coupes and sedans.
I'm booking my flights now...
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:19 pm

Today Thurs at return about 1130 AM - very few cars on the lot - a Ford Flex and Dodge SUVs and some minivans in ES - EA had absolutely nothing - a couple of DTS and Big SUVs (Tahoe or Suburban) over in the Luxury/Premium area - of course assume that "my" CTS wagon (now with about 100 miles) will be joining them shortly
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Been renting from here a lot lately. Only once did I see a Volvo in the Executive Selection. Usually it is a lot of mini-vans, SUV's and even some full cab pick-up trucks!

Glancing over at the regular aisle it looks like Chargers and HHR's.

Basically its SUV vs. Sedan from what I am seeing. This is also on Monday morning (prime-time) around 9 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
I rented from PHL over the weekend, arriving late Friday night. Selection was pitiful. Only a few SUVs in ES and some Impalas, 1 VW Jetta, and other full-size in EA. I ended up selecting the Jetta because I'd never driven one before, and I used to own a Passat. I was very pleasantly surprised how nicely it drove!

I originally reserved a Premium, but they automatically bumped the fare down to midsize without my having to ask them. Very nice!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by frekwentflier
I rented from PHL over the weekend, arriving late Friday night. Selection was pitiful. Only a few SUVs in ES and some Impalas, 1 VW Jetta, and other full-size in EA. I ended up selecting the Jetta because I'd never driven one before, and I used to own a Passat. I was very pleasantly surprised how nicely it drove!

I originally reserved a Premium, but they automatically bumped the fare down to midsize without my having to ask them. Very nice!
I completely agree! Their Executive Aisle is a joke. Hey lets box all the nice cars in so that you can't get to them. Plus their "executive aisle" is mostly crap cars. EWR executive aisle has a much better selection not to mention a lot easier to use.

Mostly Nissan Altimas(older/high mileage) and Toyota Camrys(I hate Toyotas).

PHL should contemplate a new layout for their executive aisle.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Ok selection

Went to PHL today to pick up a car. Had midsize reserved and picked up a Toyota Prius at ES with 98 miles on it. Thursday around 6:00PM.

ES was all packed with mostly Nissan Altima and Chevy Malibu and Impalas. There were few minivans, a Chevy Transverse, a VW Tiguan and a Jetta, Volvo C70, three Toyota Prius, 1 Camry, few Hyundai and KIA sedans and mid size SUVs.

EA was packed as well, with all Altimas, Camry, and Malibus.

I didn't see any luxury cars sitting around other than the Volvo C70 wagon, but eww it's ugly.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:54 pm

Picked up today fri about 4 pm - had a premium reservation but they didn't quite get that and told me to take from ES - took an Avalon - on the way out saw Volvo V70 and Taurus in the premium area that I would have preferred but oh well there was also an MKZ but that's oo small this trip, should have just stuck with a Fullsize ES reservation and saved $15 for 8 day rental.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:28 pm

On Sunday, mostly Altimas and Impalas on the ES. I also saw a Prius.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:44 pm

Went in to exchange today Monday at noon (someone did a hit and run on the Avalon) - selection was a bit sparse with lots of big SUVs, Fullsize dodge rams - sedans in ES was quickly grabbed - couple of 300, avalons, Impalas, Malibus, 1 Prius. They got a 300 from the wash line for my premium
Old May 7, 2012, 6:02 pm

A while back, someone posted that National told them no more Toyota Priuses are being sold to rental companies. Apparently that's changed. ^
Old May 7, 2012, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by nightracerx

I didn't see any luxury cars sitting around other than the Volvo C70 wagon, but eww it's ugly.
The (uber)luxurys and specialties are kept behind the building, by the wash - not really accessible, unless requested.

Originally Posted by peteropny
Went in to exchange today Monday at noon (someone did a hit and run on the Avalon) - selection was a bit sparse with lots of big SUVs, Fullsize dodge rams - sedans in ES was quickly grabbed - couple of 300, avalons, Impalas, Malibus, 1 Prius. They got a 300 from the wash line for my premium
Mondays are terrible at PHL. Wed-Fri morning usually have great selections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.