Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Pulled a new Durango GT off the aisle on Thursday @ 12pm.

There were a couple of Mustangs, a Highlander, Jeep Grand Cherokee and the usual assortment of asian/GM sedans.
Back again last night, pretty much the same selection above.

Pulled a Mustang with 11k on it, smells a bit funky but I can't argue with a soft top in FL for $300 for the week.
jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, DL Gold
I have an upcoming one-way luxury reservation in mid-May. I am wondering what can I expect? I have an EE status (don't know if that matters a lot). Thank you!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: Mileageplus, SPG
Looks like availability due to Spring Break and the pandemic have combined to make it nearly impossible to rent a car this week at MCO if you didn't already have a reservation. I have my reservations, plus I'm National Executive Elite, so I can still reserve -- but will that mean it will be slim pickings in the Executive aisle at MCO?

I'm less worried about this April trip and more worried about June when I'll have my family and a stroller / bunch of luggage with me. Normally I just select a full size sedan (cheapest price for the largest car with my group rate) and then assume I'll be able to find an SUV or Minivan when I get there. But with there being no availability now in April, and articles saying this is the car rental apocalypse because demand is outstripping supply - I'm not sure if I'd be able to get an SUV or Minivan. Should I be worried?

I already reserved a backup Minivan reservation and just cancel it if I can find an SUV or Minivan in the Executive aisle I guess - should be no extra charges or fees with doing that right?
Old May 16, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Mc5160
I have an upcoming one-way luxury reservation in mid-May. I am wondering what can I expect? I have an EE status (don't know if that matters a lot). Thank you!
Was there on Sunday morning. The lot was full with regular selections, nothing special. For those who are traveling with large group: There was no minivan, but do have a few SUVs.

Was offered to select from Audi Q5, Cadillac, Volvo or BMW for the luxury reservation ( yes, she didn’t know what models they were and asked me to select the brand.) Turned out to be XT5, S60, 228i. I chose BMW, and I believe I lost. Too hungry to go back though.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:28 am

anyone been to MCO EE aisle recently? We're arriving on the 16th and hoping for a minivan.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
Originally Posted by skippy2k19
anyone been to MCO EE aisle recently? We're arriving on the 16th and hoping for a minivan.
There were 2 vans in Exec section when I was there late Monday night. Only 1 person working exit booth and probably took 40 mins to get checked out. At least 20 cars in line at exit.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by SpencerC11
There were 2 vans in Exec section when I was there late Monday night. Only 1 person working exit booth and probably took 40 mins to get checked out. At least 20 cars in line at exit.
Thanks for checking Spencer! Sounds like alot of fun...not. I'll update inventory when we're there as well and post. appreciate the check...
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:08 pm

How did the EE aisle look on the 16th when you got there? Any full size SUVs? Minivans?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Bmcons
How did the EE aisle look on the 16th when you got there? Any full size SUVs? Minivans?
National in Orlando is insanely busy right now, possibly in part due to all rental cars being run out of terminal A only (normally its A and B). EE had a decent selection, 2 4-door jeep wranglers, a toyota 4runner, couple mustangs. Minivans are in minivan section way in back right near exit gate but only had dodge or chrysler pacificas. I ended up walking to alamo and grabbing a toyota sienna that worked out great. Agents were being especially stingy with full-size SUVs, taking all keys out and keeping them up at agent booth near entrance. I asked for one but they refused to give me anything without an extra charge. They ended up finding us a new dodge durango with less than 200 miles on it but wife didnt like it. Prepare for craziness and dont be afraid to go to grab the car you want from Alamo or Enterprise and drive over to National because the agents werent especially helpful, likely due to them just being overwhelmed. You could also just wait around as returned cars were being brought up every couple of minutes but you've gotta move fast since you'll be fighting with others for the good ones! We returned van today and the return aisle was just as insane. Rental worked out great though, very happy with National.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by skippy2k19; Jun 23, 2021 at 9:05 am
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:27 am

National in Orlando is insanely busy right now, possibly in part due to all rental cars being run out of terminal A only (normally its A and B). EE had a decent selection, 2 4-door jeep wranglers, a toyota 4runner, couple mustangs. Minivans are in minivan section way in back right near exit gate but only had dodge or chrysler pacificas. I ended up walking to alamo and grabbing a toyota sienna that worked out great. Agents were being especially stingy with full-size SUVs, taking all keys out and keeping them up at agent booth near entrance. I asked for one but they refused to give me anything without an extra charge. They ended up finding us a new dodge durango with less than 200 miles on it but wife didnt like it. Prepare for craziness and dont be afraid to go to grab the car you want from Alamo or Enterprise and drive over to National because the agents werent especially helpful, likely due to them just being overwhelmed. You could also just wait around as returned cars were being brought up every couple of minutes but you've gotta move fast since you'll be fighting with others for the good ones! We returned van today and the return aisle was just as insane. Rental worked out great though, very happy with National.
Thank you for the information , I appreciate it! I should be there on the 26th, so I’ll come back with information on the situation there.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:45 pm

You took a van from Alamo on a aisle reservation for National? I'm sure the agent cleared it for you, but I wouldn't advise you to suggest to anyone here to do that unless directed to by a agent or after visiting the booth.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
You took a van from Alamo on a aisle reservation for National? I'm sure the agent cleared it for you, but I wouldn't advise you to suggest to anyone here to do that unless directed to by a agent or after visiting the booth.
To piggyback on this; if you want a minivan then reserve a minivan!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
MCO, the only airport in the world where the minivan is an upgrade…
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
MCO, the only airport in the world where the minivan is an upgrade…
More Mustangs for me and you I guess
Auto Enthusiast and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:35 am

Especially in MCO where demand is high for people haulers.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.