Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:03 pm

Pickup approx. 6pm today, they must have low bookings post holiday because I got a really good weekly rate on last minute special. Aisles were totally full with a nice selection - Premier had a 740i, Ghibili and something else I can't remember. Executive had a few 330i, Q3, various SUVs, a RAM pickup, Challenger/Camaro, some kind of ugly Buick Convertible. I jumped in a 2020 530i that was in executive with almost 50K miles. Interior is fine but exterior looks very worn and it had some scratches on the side.

Sat there a while and saw them pull up what I believe was an Audi A6 although he was having problems finding a parking spot, I went to look for it but couldn't find it. Also saw them pull up a newer looking XTS but at that point decided to just roll with the 530i since it is probably nicer than the caddy.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:50 pm

Late report, but morning after Christmas there were mostly blah (toyota, Ford, I think Hyundai, but didn't study them closely) sedans throughout. I dislike driving cars and wanted/needed 4x4/awd for a trip to Sequoia. I ended up taking the only suv in exec-a very base rav4. There was also a Nissan Rogue in emerald. Pretty disappointing with all the other recent reports but I guess to be expected with holiday travel.
Division and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by turbov6
Rental selection was much better leading up to the holidays. Things are been fairly empty though the past couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dqZfBE13lk
Thanks for the video! Really like these to get a good impression.
turbov6 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:26 pm

Free day strategy

Hello all,

I plan on using a free day at LAX in a couple of weeks. I have EE status and debating between Premium Elite SUV vs Luxury SUV. I don’t really need anything as big as QX80 but I’d enjoy an X5 or maybe trying out an RR or something from Premier selection (I never had any of those). Any suggestions? Would either booking give me better chance on an Elite Upgrade/Premier selection or is it a matter of luck? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Originally Posted by alexiou
Hello all,

I plan on using a free day at LAX in a couple of weeks. I have EE status and debating between Premium Elite SUV vs Luxury SUV. I don’t really need anything as big as QX80 but I’d enjoy an X5 or maybe trying out an RR or something from Premier selection (I never had any of those). Any suggestions? Would either booking give me better chance on an Elite Upgrade/Premier selection or is it a matter of luck? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.
A Premium Elite SUV is ranked higher in the National Car Class tree, so you'd have a better time honestly. That being said, it is also entirely up to inventory on what's available. I've been upgraded to a 5-series from a midsize and also was stuck to a Kia K5.

Technically anything with the Elite designation already entitles you to the Premier Selection, so I'd stick with that.
alexiou, xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:18 am

Executive Aisle 1/21/2022

I arrived at the Executive Aisle at 10:30pm on Jan 21st. They had an Infinity QX30, 2 Chrysler 300s, a BMW 530i (I almost took it but it smelled like someone had just smoked in it), 3 or 4 Altimas, a couple Mazda CX5s and a couple Toyota Rav4s, 2 Dodge Caravans, a Mini Countryman, and a Hyundai Ionic (which I ended up taking).

I only made it down the aisle across from the escalators, there were more cars on the next aisle but nothing too interesting that I could see from a glance.
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
Picked up at LAX last night (21Feb @ 2230L). That was definitely the oddest selection I have ever seen on ES at LAX. Tons of full-size pickups from all 3 manufacturers. (I didn't pay close attention other than the F150 XLT next to me.) A couple of Pacificas, a Camry, a Journey, and an Atlas, plus plenty of holes. I would say that only ~50% of the available ES spaces had vehicles in them. One lonely XT6 in Premier. Overall, the upper deck was pretty sparse, though the Reserve sections looked like they were decently stocked. They did bring up a couple of Chargers while I was getting settled in. I'm sure being in the middle of a holiday weekend had something to do with it.

I grabbed the Atlas, as that has become my new favorite 'standard' vehicle on the aisle. No, it's not special, but it beats anything else they had, and -IMHO- anything else that I wouldn't consider an 'upgrade.'

One weird note, though. I just received a text from National LAX (it's legit, or at least it's from the same number that they usually text me from) that I needed to confirm my vehicles license plate number via return text. I just looked on the app and the vehicle description, fleet #, and license number appear to be correct. (I don't *know* that the license plate is correct on the app, but it's at least close. I noted it last night because it's from a state I wouldn't have expected to see in CA. The fleet number matches the keytag's number.) (ETA: The license plate on the vehicle does match the license plate listed in the app. I texted them back, but didn't get a reply.)
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by JBKettle; Feb 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:47 am

What state would you not expect to see in CA? It seems both coasts have a lot of diversity in inbound one-ways judging by the cars in most company's lots.
JBKettle likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
What state would you not expect to see in CA? It seems both coasts have a lot of diversity in inbound one-ways judging by the cars in most company's lots.
That’s a very fair point. It was Missouri. Probably should have been even less surprising considering that’s EHI’s home state.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:42 am

Has this thread died? No posts since February? (I'm hoping to hit LAX late summer and I'm a bit nervous of using Turo)
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:49 am

Cars at LAX 03.22.2022

Originally Posted by ArrowStraight
Has this thread died? No posts since February? (I'm hoping to hit LAX late summer and I'm a bit nervous of using Turo)
I was there back on March 22nd. I just forgot to post anything. I was in a hurry so didn't get a great look but it was about 9am and they had a lot of average cars. On the main Executive aisle they had a few Kia K5s, a few Camrys, a bunch of SUVs, a Mini Countryman, a few minivans, and a bunch of Nissan Altimas. I looked really quick for a hybrid or luxury car but they didn't have any that day. I took a K5.
Ordpc and hourglass like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
hawaii.

seriously though, there was a Beetle with Hawaii plate spotted in Toronto National during the pandemic
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:38 am

Hey everyone - has anyone spotted any Dodge Challengers or Chargers with the Hemi R/T trim ? I rented some years ago but i have only seen pics or video of the base models SXT with the V6 in the past few months.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Originally Posted by Westcoast Flyer
Hey everyone - has anyone spotted any Dodge Challengers or Chargers with the Hemi R/T trim ? I rented some years ago but i have only seen pics or video of the base models SXT with the V6 in the past few months.
A few weeks ago I picked up at IAH, there were 3 challengers and a charger all r/t HEMI.
So they are still around.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ArrowStraight
I was there this week. Middling Executive Selection -- Lots of Camrys and Malibus, several Ram pickups, mostly Sportage and Sorento SUV's, but I was able to find an Edge Titanium at the back. There were a lot of cars, and none of the vehicles I listed are awful (except maybe the Sportages)...it was just about as pedestrian as I had seen it in a while.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.