Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2021, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
What does 8.6.1 mean?

We got a steal on the luxury rental direct through national with no contact ID even. I think we paid $186 for the week.
I have no clue what the 8.6.1 is - it's been consistently adding to my posts for about a year now, and I have no way of taking it off or noticing until after I've posted and then go back and edit - no clue.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:12 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Does this location offer EE cars? Last year at KOA we were afforded a Expedition MAX via EE.

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
What does 8.6.1 mean?

We got a steal on the luxury rental direct through national with no contact ID even. I think we paid $186 for the week.
I booked a week in May using my employer's rate, it was not that cheap. $275 or something.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 1:44 pm

Any recent updates? Curious of the situation there lately. Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We arrived around 1:30 pm yesterday, there were only about 8 cars in Executive Aisle, but they included a Lincoln Continental, Mustang convertible, and GMC Envoy. I wanted the Lincoln, but GF insisted on the convertible. It's fully loaded and nicer than I expected.
Ordpc and valleymonger like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
We arrived around 1:30 pm yesterday, there were only about 8 cars in Executive Aisle, but they included a Lincoln Continental, Mustang convertible, and GMC Envoy. I wanted the Lincoln, but GF insisted on the convertible. It's fully loaded and nicer than I expected.
Thanks for the update, we will be there in 2 1/2 more weeks
AMRivlin likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Does this location offer EE cars? Last year at KOA we were afforded a Expedition MAX via EE.

I booked a week in May using my employer's rate, it was not that cheap. $275 or something.
But, compared to the other rates, it's a bargain. I also booked my employer's rate in a couple of weeks.
AMRivlin and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 100k, Delta Platinum
Was here last week. Booked a premium and showed up around 9 PM. EA was full of Jeep Wranglers and mustang convertibles. Originally grabbed a Mustang 5.0, but luggage didn't fit in the back so I swapped it for a Wrangler, Sahara trim.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Thanks all who have posted updates from recently. We are scheduled to arrive this Friday around 1:30PM. We have a pretty reasonable price for a Specialty Full-Size SUV (Jeep obviously) and are hoping there are no issues. We booked it way back in January before prices shot up. Anyone have any experience recently at OGG without any loyalty status?
Old May 5, 2021, 11:56 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bd777
Thanks all who have posted updates from recently. We are scheduled to arrive this Friday around 1:30PM. We have a pretty reasonable price for a Specialty Full-Size SUV (Jeep obviously) and are hoping there are no issues. We booked it way back in January before prices shot up. Anyone have any experience recently at OGG without any loyalty status?
What cars did you find in the exec or EE lots?

Anyone been through OGG as of late? Debating National or Avis. Same price.

Edit: 5/6 chose National, EE lot was bad, Premier was too. All sedans, 1 Jeep Compass, 1 Voyager, 1 Caravan. Saw 30+ new Yukon's in the back under "Special" banner, wasn't invited to pick those.

Voiced displeasure at selection during return, given $50 off bill.

Drove an almost new, mid range Voyager. (1,483mi)
Rate was suitable $38.60@9 days
Perhaps I was spoiled by a 2020 Expedition Max in 2020, but this van, for 2021 standards was trash, horrible acceleration with 2 adults/2 kids, glitchy android auto, weak AC.

21.47mi/g.

It met my needs, exceeded none.​​​​​

Last edited by AMRivlin; May 16, 2021 at 4:36 pm
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:21 am

Any updates on what's on the lot at OGG? Flying in later this month, and really worried about them being out of cars (even with a reservation).
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by taseas
Any updates on what's on the lot at OGG? Flying in later this month, and really worried about them being out of cars (even with a reservation).
It's just going to depend on what's on hand when your flight lands. Thing of it as if you've bought a lottery ticket.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
I'll be there on Sunday arriving around 12:30pm so I'll try to remember to look and post an update.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's just going to depend on what's on hand when your flight lands. Thing of it as if you've bought a lottery ticket.
Thanks...I'm ok with rolling the dice on what I get, as long as I get a car!
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by roadman3313
I'll be there on Sunday arriving around 12:30pm so I'll try to remember to look and post an update.
Thank you, I appreciate the help! Safe travels.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Had some photos but had difficulty getting them off my phone here. Can provide a brief narrative instead.

Monday 6/6 @ 10am:
Executive:
3 x Malibu LT
2 x Impala Premier
2 x Nissan Altima
3 x 300 S
1 x Nissan Frontier
1 x Nissan Rogue
1 x Nissan Kicks
1 x Mazda CX30
1 x Chevy Traverse
1 x Mustang Convert.
1 x Lincoln MKZ
1 x Buick Cascada Convert.

Aisle:
3 x Elantra
2 x Sentra
1 x Frontier
1 x Ford Edge Titanium
2 x Nissan Rogue

Plenty of Vehicle Selection across the board. Most people were going for the SUV's. I sat for about 10 minutes to watch and the Lincoln, Traverse, Rogue, Impala's, and a 300S were taken. I took the Kicks. Right size for my luggage and where I needed to drive. Alamo was bursting at the gills with about 30 Jeeps (Wranglers and the like I think - actual Jeep looking Jeep's) lined up in the spaces and aisles in their Jeep section and about 10 at Enterprise. A few people asked about them from National but no dice.

Later that afternoon had to swap out the Kicks for a Mechanical... there certainly was far less selection than there was at 10am:

Monday 6/6 @ 3pm:
Executive:
5x Malibu
2x Impala
3x Altima
1x Nissan Rogue (low mileage) - promptly taken while I was there

Aisle:
1x Ford Fusion SE
1x Sentra

I was given a Jeep Cherokee for my exchange. They asked if I wanted the Rogue but just went with the Cherokee as it has more of the layout I am used to (UConnect). They were pretty much trying to keep me in an SUV as I had an SUV/Crossover the first time. Very easy exchange and friendly staff. Out of the 40+ Jeeps between Alamo and National only 6 remained at National and none at Enterprise. The midday flights really ate away at those.

Overall I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised with the selection as they had been showing "sold out" since I booked a few weeks ago and I could only get a reservation being logged in as an EE. On to HNL tomorrow which I take will be a very different experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.