Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2007, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Cars at ATL

I have to travel to ATL this week (1st time this year ) and come to find out we now have to use National instead of Hertz. I am a Hertz 5* member and almost always get an upgrade from full size. What should I expect for vehicle choices etc. with Emerald Isle.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:41 pm

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Originally Posted by redeyejones
I have to travel to ATL this week (1st time this year ) and come to find out we now have to use National instead of Hertz. I am a Hertz 5* member and almost always get an upgrade from full size. What should I expect for vehicle choices etc. with Emerald Isle.
If arriving in the evening hours you can expect no cars. And I mean zero, as in a line of people waiting for the next Impala to come out of the car wash. It's been this way for some time now.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

I arrive around 3pm.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by redeyejones
I arrive around 3pm.
What day are we talking about? If it's 3PM on a Monday, you'd pretty much have to make do with whatever is left. Weekends are far better.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Sunday... about 3pm.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
A long wait for the bus.... and so so service.

However, don't be too upset. The Hertz service in Atlanta is HORRID and upgrades??? They think a Tarus is an upgrade for a President's Club member who reserved a full size!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
A long wait for the bus.... and so so service.

However, don't be too upset. The Hertz service in Atlanta is HORRID and upgrades??? They think a Tarus is an upgrade for a President's Club member who reserved a full size!
OP should have a pretty decent selection on a Sunday.
And yeah, Hertz's service out here in ATL sucks big time. Atleast Nat'l is pretty lenient on upgrades.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Any Updates?

1st time at ATL and 1st time w/National in over a year.

Arriving Tues 9 AM and booked a midsize (EA)

Thanks for the Code update! Got $10 off/day midweek using the listed AAA rate (6100253) ^^^

total @$98 ai for 3 days and qualifies for 2-4-1
Old Sep 17, 2008, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Atl

Arriving ATL on Thurs. about 8PM. Is there still a shortage of cars? I reserved a mid-size for 3 days.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Arriving ATL on Thurs. about 8PM. Is there still a shortage of cars? I reserved a mid-size for 3 days.
Slooooow forum. I arrived at Nat. lot & the speedy youngster in front of me snagged the last mid-size. Attendant brought me a full-size. But, when I returned the car I forgot to fill it up and was charged about $49. Almost as much as the rental. My bad.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:54 pm
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
They wash cars frequently at least...

Car selection is one of the worst for National in ATL (but not as bad as MSP), however they wash and park returned cars frequently in ATL, even when inventory is low. If you wait a bit, you will eventually get something decent.

Has anyone noticed how much National loves mini-vans these days? Every time I'm there the EE and EA aisles are full of Siennas, Uplanders, etc.

It takes some patience standing with the other traveling Joes, but if you wait long enough, I've driven these cars in the past quarter from the EE:

9/22: S60 (actually the full-size lot, but alas)
8/28: 2009 Maxima (sweeeeeeeet)
8/04: Trailblazer
7/26: Tahoe
6/20: Golf
Old Sep 26, 2008, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by memoses
Car selection is one of the worst for National in ATL (but not as bad as MSP), however they wash and park returned cars frequently in ATL, even when inventory is low. If you wait a bit, you will eventually get something decent.

Has anyone noticed how much National loves mini-vans these days? Every time I'm there the EE and EA aisles are full of Siennas, Uplanders, etc.

It takes some patience standing with the other traveling Joes, but if you wait long enough, I've driven these cars in the past quarter from the EE:

9/22: S60 (actually the full-size lot, but alas)
8/28: 2009 Maxima (sweeeeeeeet)
8/04: Trailblazer
7/26: Tahoe
6/20: Golf
Welcome to FT! Those SUVs & Vans really suck up the gas though.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 9:50 am
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by philemer
Welcome to FT! Those SUVs & Vans really suck up the gas though.
And warrant incessant heckling by coworkers when you drive to lunch!
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:20 pm

just returned my malibu LT to ATL (picked up on Thanksgiving at noon). EA has about what you'd expect - HHRs, PTs, and lower-end malibu / impalas. ES had pretty lame selection of slightly higher-end impalas, malibus, small SUVs, base-model Avalons (unforgiveable) and 2 volvo S60s (both buried in the 'lines' & one of them w/ dead battery).

ah well...back to IAH / LAX...
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:40 pm

I got one in ATL last year -- It was night time -- And trust me there was a sort of chaos -- no car in the lot -- everyone was made to stand and then there was rush to pick the first one shows up -- besides bus service came about after 10 minute by that time Hertz had about more than 7 busses came and went -- I am going to rent it one more time tomorrow late from them -- I will see how they fare this time -- If they suck -- I am going back to Hertz. -- I admit I will get Tauruses back but atleast good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.