Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 9:23 am

Executive Aisle on 04/30/2021

Really slim pickings when I arrived at about 7:30PM. The Emerald Aisle was empty and Executive Aisle only had 8 cars:

5 Full-sized pickup trucks
1 Dodge Charger
1 Toyota Camry (I took this one)
1 Nissan Altima

There was also a Cadillac XT5 but someone got it before I made it there.
zoneflyer and Ordpc like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
5/28 - 11pm

Exec
5 series (38k miles), Q3, Maxima
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
DP: 5/28 10am

a few Toyota 4Runners
couple Q3
generic sedans
one 2021 VW Atlas picked up by someone ahead of me

much less cars compare to Hertz, ended up renting from Hertz
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:58 am
RNE

URGENT! What's the DIRECT phone number to talk to a HUMAN BEING at the National rental desk?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:21 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Lots of cars 6/10 at 4:30PM.

Picked up a BMW 330i with 25k miles.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by hp12c
Lots of cars 6/10 at 4:30PM.

Picked up a BMW 330i with 25k miles.
did you see any minivans?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:55 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RyanfromMA
did you see any minivans?
yes, quite a few
RyanfromMA likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:37 am
RNE

When I walked up to the National counter, I was met by a dark, closed area with no signage. Is it closed? How could that be? I have a reservation and this is a major airport! So, I made my way to the garage, hoping to find someone who can tell me what's become of National. There, I happened to run into a National employee behind a scuffed up, ramshackle roll-away counter. After making sure she was really a National employee, I asked her to look up my reservation. She did, then flapped her hand toward the dark garage area. "What am I suppose to do?" I asked. "Pick a car," came her reply, obviously bothered by my question. "Any car?" I questioned. "Yes!" she said. Obviously, I don't rent cars often; I guess I appeared stupid to her.

Anyway, walking out into the garage's gloom I went. Seeing all sorts of cars, I wondered which ones are the class I reserved. Looking back at the woman behind the scuffed up, ramshackle roll-away counter, and dreading further "conversation" with her, I realized I was on my own. I pick a car at random but its trunk was too small. I picked another, but its trunk couldn't be opened because someone had backed it up against a wall. (I guess I'm not the only stupid person.) Third try was a charm: a Nissan Kicks. Never heard of it, but it was clean and had enough luggage space. Turned out to be a good, though low-powered , vehicle. I put 850 miles on it in four days without mishap. Great!

Even greater was when I returned the car and was billed $100 less than I expected. Turned out the car was a class lower than what I reserved. Had the woman behind the scuffed up, ramshackle roll-away counter done her job and pointed me to my class of cars, National would have made more money.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: National Emerald Club/AAdvantage/Hilton Honors
Will be coming through at the end of Aug. How have things been looking recently?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Last week, both the Executive Selection and Emerald Aisle were relatively sparse (maybe 10-12 vehicles each). Executive was mainly small to standard SUV's -- eg a couple of Equinoxes, a couple of Pathfinders, an Edge. Emerald had a couple of compact SUV's (didn't bother to look at the make and model), a few Kia Souls, a coupek of Altimas, I think. I chose a 2WD Durango from Executive Selection. That and the Pathfinders were the only vehicles with third rows.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Impressive line up on 7/7 4pm arrival

EE
Dodge Challenger
Dodge Charger
Toyota 4Runner
Mazda CX5
Miscellaneous Other MID-SUV SUVs, GMC Terrain, Chevy Traverse ETC
And the winner a well equipped BMW X3 which I grabbed.

EA
Small SUVs and mid-size sedans galore.

Had a triple reservation with National, Hertz & Sixt. National was my first stop and very impressed with the selection this time around.

One thing of note the lot was pretty sparse upon a 7am return, but they were taking cars to get prepped almost as fast as people were returning them.
Auto Enthusiast, xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:07 pm

In PHX last week, 7/5 5pm arrival, not a lot of cars but a decent line up.

EE
Mazda CX5 (Leather seat, but not sure if it's the Turbo trim)
Toyota 4Runner
Jeep Cherokee
Winner for me - a Volvo S60 T6 AWD. Really nice interior with a panoramic sunroof, good engine power.

Did not look in EA.
xienon, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:18 am

Flying in Monday. Hoping the reports are better. Anyone been recently?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:23 am

It wasn't too bad this week, but not exciting. I remember seeing a few Passats, a couple Chargers, a couple Rav4s, an Explorer Limited, and a Ford Fusion still bouncing around.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:34 pm

Great selection on Monday. Lots of Audi and BMW suv leaving as I walked up. Got a CX-9 but had to return due to an oil light. Upon return the lot was full. Pretty much you name it they had it. Left with a 2021 Yukon SLT
Auto Enthusiast, xienon and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.