Community
Wiki Posts
Search

most fuel efficient large vehicle

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by qs933
I haven't seen one personally in the fleet, but the 2021+ Toyota Sienna are all hybrids. No plugging in required and about 35 MPG. Enterprise/National has had Siennas in its fleet (I still see 2020 models actively being used locally), but I haven't seen a 2021 or 2022 yet.

I wouldn't expect to see a Highlander Hybrid or Venza in the fleet, but I own the latter. I'm averaging 41 MPG in mixed city/highway driving without doing anything special (mode set to "Normal," A/C on, etc.).
Had a venza limited in DTW. But they are pretty rare
Old May 16, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
How spacious is the Venza?
Less cargo room than a RAV4 due to the sloped roof. I find it more than adequate for my needs...i.e. carrying up to 4 adults on a Costco run.

I have an order in for Toyota's BEV, the bZ4X, which is about the same size.

Originally Posted by hourglass
Had a venza limited in DTW. But they are pretty rare
Impressed that EAN sprung for a Limited (with the extra cost white paint too)...did it have the StarGaze pano roof? Goes to show how crazy the fleet market is right now.
xienon likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by qs933
Less cargo room than a RAV4 due to the sloped roof. I find it more than adequate for my needs...i.e. carrying up to 4 adults on a Costco run.

I have an order in for Toyota's BEV, the bZ4X, which is about the same size.

Impressed that EAN sprung for a Limited (with the extra cost white paint too)...did it have the StarGaze pano roof? Goes to show how crazy the fleet market is right now.
i think so, it does have a button that will change how the pano glass looks
xienon likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by m907
They do exist; about 20% of the Pacificas I've seen lately have been hybrids. I don't think you can reserve one, though.

The mpg difference is only marginal - maybe 2 mpg over the V6 if you're not plugging it in to get the extra 30 mile range.

But you'll pay the equivalent of $5-$7 per gallon to charge it (if you can even find a charger).
Last time I supercharged a Tesla it was 1/3 the price of gas.
Around where I live, regular non-tesla chargers are even cheaper.

Also superchargers are the easiest to find.
​​​​​
kxc262 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Last time I supercharged a Tesla it was 1/3 the price of gas.
Around where I live, regular non-tesla chargers are even cheaper.

Also superchargers are the easiest to find.
​​​​​
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...osts-per-mile/
Old May 17, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Cost is irrelevant since charge is free through Enterprise/National. They literally pay for the Supercharging.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:17 pm

There are some issues with their math, if you read the comments you'll see.

For example "1 gallon of gas = 33.7 kWh per the EPA". If you think about that for a minute that means they're saying that a 100kWh Tesla pack is equivalent to 3 gallons of gas. A 100kWh Tesla pack has 300+ miles of range. Now think about the cost per kWh mentioned in the article of 26 cents per kWh, that means a completely dead 100kWh pack would cost $26 to supercharge. So in a gas car, at 30mpg, you'd need 10 gallons to go 300 miles. It's pretty hard to find gas for less than $2.6 a gallon these days, just like 30mpg isn't always easy either.

If I could get a high performance near luxury gas powered car that could go 300 miles with a 3 gallon gas tank it would be a different ballgame.

As previously mentioned supercharging is free with National anyway.

Last edited by Nitehawk; May 17, 2022 at 12:24 pm
Old May 18, 2022, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
There are some issues with their math, if you read the comments you'll see.

For example "1 gallon of gas = 33.7 kWh per the EPA". If you think about that for a minute that means they're saying that a 100kWh Tesla pack is equivalent to 3 gallons of gas. A 100kWh Tesla pack has 300+ miles of range. Now think about the cost per kWh mentioned in the article of 26 cents per kWh, that means a completely dead 100kWh pack would cost $26 to supercharge. So in a gas car, at 30mpg, you'd need 10 gallons to go 300 miles. It's pretty hard to find gas for less than $2.6 a gallon these days, just like 30mpg isn't always easy either.

If I could get a high performance near luxury gas powered car that could go 300 miles with a 3 gallon gas tank it would be a different ballgame.

As previously mentioned supercharging is free with National anyway.
*300 miles of range in absolutely optimal conditions. Cold/hot temperatures will cause that to plummet.
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by m907
*300 miles of range in absolutely optimal conditions. Cold/hot temperatures will cause that to plummet.
I own six cars and live in Canada, one is an EV. In the worst conditions you can cut the range in half. Gas powered cars also get worse mileage in poor conditions, people just don't obsess over the range of gas cars like they do EVs. By the way the new Tesla's are actually rated for 400 miles, so 300 is definitely realistic.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.