most fuel efficient large vehicle

Old May 12, 2022, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

most fuel efficient large vehicle

Is the Pacifica hybrid the most fuel efficient large vehicle for a road-trip (that National has)?
I presume hybrid suvs dont have the same level of mpg, and sedans like the Ford Fusion have an awdully small trunk when they are a hybrid.
Trip with 4 adults, a wheelchair
Old May 13, 2022, 2:05 am

I can't think of another.
xienon likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Is the Pacifica hybrid the most fuel efficient large vehicle for a road-trip (that National has)?
I presume hybrid suvs dont have the same level of mpg, and sedans like the Ford Fusion have an awdully small trunk when they are a hybrid.
how do you get a hybrid?
Old May 13, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Tesla Model X. It doesn't need any gas at all.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
how do you get a hybrid?
They do exist; about 20% of the Pacificas I've seen lately have been hybrids. I don't think you can reserve one, though.

The mpg difference is only marginal - maybe 2 mpg over the V6 if you're not plugging it in to get the extra 30 mile range.

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Tesla Model X. It doesn't need any gas at all.
But you'll pay the equivalent of $5-$7 per gallon to charge it (if you can even find a charger).
xienon likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by m907
But you'll pay the equivalent of $5-$7 per gallon to charge it (if you can even find a charger).
Tesla is free to charge through the Tesla Supercharger network if you rent through National/Enterprise.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32893006-post1027.html
https://www.enterprise.com/en/exotic...s/tesla-s.html
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:13 pm

Deleted, thank you.
joepa26 likes this.

Last edited by whitewave; May 29, 2022 at 9:42 am
Old May 13, 2022, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

I have gotten quite a few Chrysler Pacifica hybrids, can get 40 mpg.
A rav4 hybrid also has good mpg but I don't think National has it.
xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
Tesla is free to charge through the Tesla Supercharger network if you rent through National/Enterprise.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32893006-post1027.html
https://www.enterprise.com/en/exotic...s/tesla-s.html
*If you can find a Tesla charger.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by m907
*If you can find a Tesla charger.
What makes you think there won't be any Superchargers around? Enterprise and National aren't renting these out in small rural towns anyways.
Old May 14, 2022, 10:12 am

The mpg difference is only marginal - maybe 2 mpg over the V6 if you're not plugging it in to get the extra 30 mile range. [QUOTE=m907;34248061]

I'm clueless on anything non-gas; what kind of "plugging-in" would I require on straight-thru drive NY-Miami? (when the only desired interruption in driving would be to fuel-up)
Old May 15, 2022, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
What makes you think there won't be any Superchargers around? Enterprise and National aren't renting these out in small rural towns anyways.
If you only travel in large metro areas and don't mind waiting in line, I'm sure they work great for you.

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
​​​​​I'm clueless on anything non-gas; what kind of "plugging-in" would I require on straight-thru drive NY-Miami? (when the only desired interruption in driving would be to fuel-up)
None. It runs on gas but you can charge the battery to get an extra 30-40 miles of electric range.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I do quite a few long road-trips. Not sure if this is your idea of good mileage, but Ive been able to squeeze out 27 mpg on a Ford Expedition. You have to keep it in eco mode, use the throttle really gently, and keep your speed below 60. In the past, Ive managed 30 mpg on the older Tahoe/Suburban with the cylinder shut off feature and almost all highway driving, but National doesnt have any more of these since the new models came out
Ordpc, m907 and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I haven't seen one personally in the fleet, but the 2021+ Toyota Sienna are all hybrids. No plugging in required and about 35 MPG. Enterprise/National has had Siennas in its fleet (I still see 2020 models actively being used locally), but I haven't seen a 2021 or 2022 yet.

I wouldn't expect to see a Highlander Hybrid or Venza in the fleet, but I own the latter. I'm averaging 41 MPG in mixed city/highway driving without doing anything special (mode set to "Normal," A/C on, etc.).
Ordpc, xienon and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qs933
I haven't seen one personally in the fleet, but the 2021+ Toyota Sienna are all hybrids. No plugging in required and about 35 MPG. Enterprise/National has had Siennas in its fleet (I still see 2020 models actively being used locally), but I haven't seen a 2021 or 2022 yet.

I wouldn't expect to see a Highlander Hybrid or Venza in the fleet, but I own the latter. I'm averaging 41 MPG in mixed city/highway driving without doing anything special (mode set to "Normal," A/C on, etc.).
I feel National has all the lower trim Toyotas (except for the Rav4 Adventure which pops up every now and then). Camrys are SE. With a physical key you need to stick in to start the vehicle.
I did hear all newer Siennas are hybrids (Toyotas push to electrification) but I haven't seen a hybrid one yet.

How spacious is the Venza?
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.