Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Audi S5

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Talking 2020 Audi S5

Redeemed one reward day at PAE location. Booked Premium Elite Suv. Got offered this beauty by super friendly and helpful staff.
Took it to the San Juan Island and really enjoyed it.
Attached Images  
Old May 11, 2020, 6:39 pm

An S5, nice find!!
Ordpc and pppfrank like this.
Old May 11, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
WHAT?!??!?!?!
pppfrank likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
One day wouldn't been enough
Old May 12, 2020, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
An S5, nice find!!
When they asked me which car I want, and offered an option for S5. Feel so lucky!
Old May 12, 2020, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
One day wouldn't been enough
Wanted to extend one more day, but that is gonna cost me $300 more
Old May 12, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
That is an awesome find! And it's not black or white: I've rented a dozen Audis over the last few years and almost every single one was white or black. Think I got a rare silver one once.

Good thing it has real exhaust tips unlike the SQ5.
pppfrank and Ordpc like this.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Wonder if they pulled this from Enterprise Exotics in SEA. Nice find!
pppfrank and rickg523 like this.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
Actually it is! The guy said the car was in the exotic fleet. But billed as full-size elite, same as BMW 3 series.
Old May 14, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Nice find! I've got a 2019 A5 and love it. Driven the RS5 but not the S5, how was it?
Old May 14, 2020, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Nice find! I've got a 2019 A5 and love it. Driven the RS5 but not the S5, how was it?
RS5 is definitely a different type of animal! S5 is great in terms of handling, 350hp is good enough for its body. The 4wd just lets you unleash the power through all the fun corners. Good fuel economy: 22-26mpg
xienon likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by pppfrank
RS5 is definitely a different type of animal! S5 is great in terms of handling, 350hp is good enough for its body. The 4wd just lets you unleash the power through all the fun corners. Good fuel economy: 22-26mpg
Good to hear! I want to upgrade to the RS5 in 2021 but the GF has her eyes on a ring, SQ5 and a house in the next couple years so my upgrade may have to wait. SOunds like the S5 could be a good option in the interim.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Got lucky this weekend and managed to snag an S5 for a couple of days. The classification was UXAR (premium elite) so same as Audi A6, Lincoln Continental and Infiniti Q70.

Setting aside the Miata, the S5 is by far the best handling car I've ever rented. It grips so well that you can't really come close to its handling limits on public roads. It was so much fun to drive in the mountains.
The other highlight of the car was the exhaust: in dynamic (aka sport) mode, it crackles and pops when up shifting or letting off the gas at above 4000 rpm.
The only downside I would say is the ride - it's a bit stiff on bad pavement.

In terms of best handling cars in the National fleet, I would put the Miata and S5 at the top. The next tier would be the ATS, CTS, and Mercedes CLA.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kxc262
Originally Posted by pppfrank
Actually it is! The guy said the car was in the exotic fleet. But billed as full-size elite, same as BMW 3 series.
Something about Enterprise at SEA. I booked a Nissan Versa ("or similar") and got offered a Volvo S60, which I grabbed of course. (This was for a 7 day road trip). But it was white.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xienon
The other highlight of the car was the exhaust: in dynamic (aka sport) mode, it crackles and pops when up shifting or letting off the gas at above 4000 rpm.
I have the regular 2018 A5, and the dual-clutch gearbox is awesome. Blips the throttle on downshifts like a perfect heel/toe and I get crackles and pops even with the base 252 hp four. Low end torque is phenomenal and it's just over 5 seconds to 60.
xienon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.