Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by xman099
I got my EE from last year's Amex offer. It will expires on Feb 2021. Can I use this link to extend it to 2022?

Just tried. Did not work as I am not "new member".
I don't think it works for those existing EE's with 2021 expiration dates... at least it didn't work for me either. I earned EE the hard way and was hoping to extend it to 2022.

My SO who was executive through 2020 was easily extended to EE through 2022.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xman099
I got my EE from last year's Amex offer. It will expires on Feb 2021. Can I use this link to extend it to 2022?

Just tried. Did not work as I am not "new member".
Well there are actually 2 threads with the same topic, the other one being free Elite.

It seems that the link works for some "old" members to extend the status till February 2022.
It does not work for me however, I am already EE till 02/2021, thanks to last year's offer.

The reason why it is not working fo me is still unclear:
  • already EE?
  • already used last year's offer ?
  • other ... ?
TO BE CONTINUED
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by koopa
Well there are actually 2 threads with the same topic, the other one being free Elite.

It seems that the link works for some "old" members to extend the status till February 2022.
It does not work for me however, I am already EE till 02/2021, thanks to last year's offer.

The reason why it is not working fo me is still unclear:
*already EE?
No, as I said, I was too.
*already used last year's offer ?
Again, as I said, I did too.
*other ... ?
TO BE CONTINUED
Likely because, as others have said, you already have EE until 2021. Those of us it worked for all had status expiring in 2020.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:36 pm

My EE expires in 2020 and I haven't been able to extend it through the link.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:57 pm

Are you sure you want to update your profile with the AMEX EE Account Number?

Any existing Account Number will be removed from your profile and replaced with this new account. Also, remember to review your rental preferences as they may be affected by this change.
What does this really replace? I do work for MegaCorp which has a master account and I get great rates personally - will this replace MegaCorp as my master account?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Spac3d
What does this really replace? I do work for MegaCorp which has a master account and I get great rates personally - will this replace MegaCorp as my master account?
yes. You'll have to be unchecking AMEX account and putting in 7-digit code of yours. Seemingly, for every(?) reservation going forward
Spac3d likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Very strange. Each time I've tried (multiple times, on 3 different browsers), after I get to the login page it simply takes me to the landing page for the National homepage once I login. Still showing 2020 on the profile.
You must not be trying hard enough lol...Reading multiple success stories, I finally opted to try. Sign out first!
Then go through all clicks, and accept. Then when I signed in, my profile showed change from Executive 2021 to Executive Elite 2022.

p.s. Someone posted: last year this offer was on two different links, and I must've done the weaker one. Got Executive (just like I did for years by simply using AMEX Platinum); others got EE!

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Jan 4, 2020 at 6:42 pm
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:37 pm

Since last year, has anyone heard the story of receiving 5 credits for first rental under their conditions?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:54 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by juhlee
My EE expires in 2020 and I haven't been able to extend it through the link.
Same as you. Not working for me, doesn't matter what link/browser/time of day/computer I use. Still stuck at 2020.

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
You must not be trying hard enough lol...Reading multiple success stories, I finally opted to try. Sign out first!
Then go through all clicks, and accept. Then when I signed in, my profile showed change from Executive 2021 to Executive Elite 2022.

p.s. Someone posted: last year this offer was on two different links, and I must've done the weaker one. Got Executive (just like I did for years by simply using AMEX Platinum); others got EE!
If you read the thread closely, you'll see that people are getting different results depending on whether the status previously expired in 2020 or 2021. It also seems to make a difference if you've used this offer before. It seems that the folks having issues (myself included) are 2020-expirees.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by tstad
Thanks for posting! I'm currently regular Executive and would have lost it, my profile now shows EE until 2/22. Much appreciated! No I just need to find my regular corporate code to associate w/ my account...
I'm in the same situation as you- current regular Executive status will expire this Feb (2020).

While logged in under my existing account on another tab in the browser, I went to the link at the top of the thread to enroll, and eventually got the following message:

"Are you sure you want to update your profile with the AMEX EE Account Number?
Any existing Account Number will be removed from your profile and replaced with this new account. Also, remember to review your rental preferences as they may be affected by this change."

What will happen if I accept this? Will I lose my current Emerald Club number? What about my currently available Free Days (not 1-2-Free ones), will they be retained, or lost?
On the other hand, if I am not logged in, it allows me to enroll as a new member, which I assume will generate a new emerald club number. If I go that route, any way to "merge" this new account with the old one?

Edited to add:
Disregard- I've answered my own question by actually reading more details. Account number refers to the corporate ID code, not Emerald Club number. I went through the process, and am now EE till 2022, current EC number and free days were retained. Interestingly it never asked for any AMEX info, probably because I already had an AMEX card in my profile. Many thanks to FT!

Last edited by Maxwell Smart; Jan 6, 2020 at 9:11 am
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:04 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
I'm in the same situation as you- current regular Executive status will expire this Feb (2020).

While logged in under my existing account on another tab in the browser, I went to the link at the top of the thread to enroll, and eventually got the following message:

"Are you sure you want to update your profile with the AMEX EE Account Number?
Any existing Account Number will be removed from your profile and replaced with this new account. Also, remember to review your rental preferences as they may be affected by this change."

What will happen if I accept this? Will I lose my current Emerald Club number? What about my currently available Free Days (not 1-2-Free ones), will they be retained, or lost?
On the other hand, if I am not logged in, it allows me to enroll as a new member, which I assume will generate a new emerald club number. If I go that route, any way to "merge" this new account with the old one?
All it does is set your default contract to an Amex rate. Nothing else changes.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
How do you see where your current status will expire?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02
How do you see where your current status will expire?
On the desktop, after you login into your account, click on your initials in the top right corner, a drop down box will show your status & expiry date.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:59 pm

Has it worked for some one who's already Executive Elite till 2021? Here is what I did. I signed out. Clicked through the link. Accepted the terms. Then on the driver lookup screen at the top, I signed in through the small "Sign In" hyperlink. But, my status did not change from EE till 2021.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by samchester2000
Has it worked for some one who's already Executive Elite till 2021? Here is what I did. I signed out. Clicked through the link. Accepted the terms. Then on the driver lookup screen at the top, I signed in through the small "Sign In" hyperlink. But, my status did not change from EE till 2021.
Worked precisely as described, but we came off two "different" last year's offers. Mine last year's was not EE but just Executive extension. So technically, I just used EE offer for the first time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.