FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/2002318-free-executive-elite-status-amex-cardholders-deadline-02-29-20-a.html)

koopa Jan 2, 2020 12:31 pm

Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

The Amex EE Offer is back ! :

National Emerald Club Amex Executive Elite offer

Get National Executive Elite Status (Emerald Club highest status) till February 2021 when enrolling with the link above and associating your Amex card with your account:
- Deadline 02/29/20
- Offer reserved for "New Members"

Reminder: it can be used to later status match with Hertz President's Circle or Avis Preferred President's CLub.

bchandler02 Jan 2, 2020 1:58 pm

I seem to recall doing this quite a while back and getting Exec via a credit card but do not remember how long it was good for.

Is there a place in the app or website that shows your exec status expiration date? I don't want to do this again and potentially reset my expiration date to something sooner than what I already have.

Auto Enthusiast Jan 2, 2020 5:51 pm

It seems we have 2 threads on this same topic.

dwbf11 Jan 3, 2020 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast (Post 31901971)
It seems we have 2 threads on this same topic.

Where's the second one?

SinglePapa2 Jan 3, 2020 9:47 am

previously ballooned in Rental Discussion, cuz I thought existing EC members were not accommodated at all. Members report varied results now. I'm still unclear whether any trick exists for best result

Auto Enthusiast Jan 3, 2020 10:25 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11 (Post 31904166)
Where's the second one?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rent...ree-elite.html

Since this is National-specific, I agree it belongs here.

pewpew Jan 3, 2020 10:29 am

I had executive status by virtue of Amex plat and was able to upgrade to EE np. Does anyone know if I also qualify for the free day after renting and paying with Amex?

dwbf11 Jan 3, 2020 11:22 am

I'm caught in a weird limbo zone of this promotion. Currently EE, but didn't re-qualify this year on rentals. It seems strange that I wouldn't be eligible to re-up (never used a CC to earn the status before, it's always been through rentals) but they're opening the ranks of EE to anyone with an Amex card. I tried following through the promotion links, and now my profile has been updated to "Amex EE" but still shows the same expiration date as it was before (February 28, 2020).

jmbjmbjmb Jan 3, 2020 11:32 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11 (Post 31904820)
my profile has been updated to "Amex EE" but still shows the same expiration date as it was before (February 28, 2020).

I'm in the same situation as you. My profile now shows Amex EE as the default contract but the same expiration date (Feb 28, 2020).

Finkface Jan 3, 2020 11:37 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11 (Post 31904820)
I'm caught in a weird limbo zone of this promotion. Currently EE, but didn't re-qualify this year on rentals. It seems strange that I wouldn't be eligible to re-up (never used a CC to earn the status before, it's always been through rentals) but they're opening the ranks of EE to anyone with an Amex card. I tried following through the promotion links, and now my profile has been updated to "Amex EE" but still shows the same expiration date as it was before (February 28, 2020).

Mine now shows Feb 28, 2022. Took two tries before it worked though.

dwbf11 Jan 3, 2020 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 31904885)
Mine now shows Feb 28, 2022. Took two tries before it worked though.

Interesting. Did you go through the process twice, or you just waited for the profile to update? And you were EE before?

Finkface Jan 3, 2020 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11 (Post 31905054)
Interesting. Did you go through the process twice, or you just waited for the profile to update? And you were EE before?

I went through the process twice. The first time it still said 2020. The second time it changed to 2022. Yes, was EE before, by the same method.

dwbf11 Jan 3, 2020 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 31905215)
I went through the process twice. The first time it still said 2020. The second time it changed to 2022. Yes, was EE before, by the same method.

Very strange. Each time I've tried (multiple times, on 3 different browsers), after I get to the login page it simply takes me to the landing page for the National homepage once I login. Still showing 2020 on the profile.

tstad Jan 3, 2020 1:13 pm

Thanks for posting! I'm currently regular Executive and would have lost it, my profile now shows EE until 2/22. Much appreciated! No I just need to find my regular corporate code to associate w/ my account...

xman099 Jan 3, 2020 1:29 pm

I got my EE from last year's Amex offer. It will expires on Feb 2021. Can I use this link to extend it to 2022?

Just tried. Did not work as I am not "new member".