Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)

The Amex EE Offer is back ! :

National Emerald Club Amex Executive Elite offer

Get National Executive Elite Status (Emerald Club highest status) till February 2021 when enrolling with the link above and associating your Amex card with your account:
- Deadline 02/29/20
- Offer reserved for "New Members"

Reminder: it can be used to later status match with Hertz President's Circle or Avis Preferred President's CLub.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I seem to recall doing this quite a while back and getting Exec via a credit card but do not remember how long it was good for.

Is there a place in the app or website that shows your exec status expiration date? I don't want to do this again and potentially reset my expiration date to something sooner than what I already have.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:51 pm

It seems we have 2 threads on this same topic.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:39 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
It seems we have 2 threads on this same topic.
Where's the second one?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:47 am

previously ballooned in Rental Discussion, cuz I thought existing EC members were not accommodated at all. Members report varied results now. I'm still unclear whether any trick exists for best result
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Where's the second one?
free Elite

Since this is National-specific, I agree it belongs here.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I had executive status by virtue of Amex plat and was able to upgrade to EE np. Does anyone know if I also qualify for the free day after renting and paying with Amex?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:22 am

I'm caught in a weird limbo zone of this promotion. Currently EE, but didn't re-qualify this year on rentals. It seems strange that I wouldn't be eligible to re-up (never used a CC to earn the status before, it's always been through rentals) but they're opening the ranks of EE to anyone with an Amex card. I tried following through the promotion links, and now my profile has been updated to "Amex EE" but still shows the same expiration date as it was before (February 28, 2020).

Last edited by dwbf11; Jan 3, 2020 at 11:33 am
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, National EE, NEXUS, Global Entry
my profile has been updated to "Amex EE" but still shows the same expiration date as it was before (February 28, 2020).
I'm in the same situation as you. My profile now shows Amex EE as the default contract but the same expiration date (Feb 28, 2020).
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I'm caught in a weird limbo zone of this promotion. Currently EE, but didn't re-qualify this year on rentals. It seems strange that I wouldn't be eligible to re-up (never used a CC to earn the status before, it's always been through rentals) but they're opening the ranks of EE to anyone with an Amex card. I tried following through the promotion links, and now my profile has been updated to "Amex EE" but still shows the same expiration date as it was before (February 28, 2020).
Mine now shows Feb 28, 2022. Took two tries before it worked though.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Mine now shows Feb 28, 2022. Took two tries before it worked though.
Interesting. Did you go through the process twice, or you just waited for the profile to update? And you were EE before?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Interesting. Did you go through the process twice, or you just waited for the profile to update? And you were EE before?
I went through the process twice. The first time it still said 2020. The second time it changed to 2022. Yes, was EE before, by the same method.
dwbf11 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
I went through the process twice. The first time it still said 2020. The second time it changed to 2022. Yes, was EE before, by the same method.
Very strange. Each time I've tried (multiple times, on 3 different browsers), after I get to the login page it simply takes me to the landing page for the National homepage once I login. Still showing 2020 on the profile.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:13 pm

Thanks for posting! I'm currently regular Executive and would have lost it, my profile now shows EE until 2/22. Much appreciated! No I just need to find my regular corporate code to associate w/ my account...
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:29 pm

I got my EE from last year's Amex offer. It will expires on Feb 2021. Can I use this link to extend it to 2022?

Just tried. Did not work as I am not "new member".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.