Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X2

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X2

Got a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X2 with already 15,200 miles on it and it was made in 10/16 with North Carolina plates. Was thinking of taking the BMW X3 with the M sport package but I didn't want to get a car that took premium or Mid grade gas ( it requires minimum of 89 Octane).

Is classified as SRAR

Features:
26 MPG Highway ( don't see posted City but I would assume around 17)
Lux 2 package which includes Panoramic Sunroof, 9 speaker audio system, Rain sensing wipers and Power Tilt / Telescope Steering Column.
Leather seats
3 USB ports 1 in the front and 2 in the back
290 Horsepower V6
Power Liftgate
8.4 Uconnect infotainment screen
Nav
Heated steering wheel
Heated and cooled seats

This SUV is pretty much the same for the last few years without any new facelift but it has aged well and one of my favorite SUV's to take even over some luxury ones like from BMW, Mercedes and etc. The other SUVs in this class ( in nationals classification) I would take other than this would be the Ford Explorer and the Ford Edge.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Got a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X2 with already 15,200 miles on it and it was made in 10/16 with North Carolina plates. Was thinking of taking the BMW X3 with the M sport package but I didn't want to get a car that took premium or Mid grade gas ( it requires minimum of 89 Octane).

Is classified as SRAR

Features:
26 MPG Highway ( don't see posted City but I would assume around 17)
Lux 2 package which includes Panoramic Sunroof, 9 speaker audio system, Rain sensing wipers and Power Tilt / Telescope Steering Column.
Leather seats
3 USB ports 1 in the front and 2 in the back
290 Horsepower V6
Power Liftgate
8.4 Uconnect infotainment screen
Nav
Heated steering wheel
Heated and cooled seats

This SUV is pretty much the same for the last few years without any new facelift but it has aged well and one of my favorite SUV's to take even over some luxury ones like from BMW, Mercedes and etc. The other SUVs in this class ( in nationals classification) I would take other than this would be the Ford Explorer and the Ford Edge.
I believe the Ford Edge is technically a PGAR (Premium Crossover). I've rented one a few times myself, nicer than I originally thought it would be.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
I believe the Ford Edge is technically a PGAR (Premium Crossover). I've rented one a few times myself, nicer than I originally thought it would be.
Rented one a few months ago and the tag said it was a SFAR
Old May 11, 2017, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Rented one a few months ago and the tag said it was a SFAR
You're right, I was thinking about the Ford Flex.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
Starting in 2016, Edge went from FGAR (Full crossover) to SFAR (Standard SUV). A PGAR is a 3 row crossover like the Enclave or QX60.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

After driving this for a while now I am actually surprised the 3.6L V6 has plenty of power for this SUV. I figured it would be slightly underpowered but it's plenty. Sure the HEMI would just make it more fun but I'm not complaining.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
I got one of these a few weeks back when my Infiniti Q50 broke down. It wasn't bad at all.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:31 am
Original Poster

I am managing 17 Mpg combined after driving 1,500 miles so far and it's pretty good considering I averaged 17 with a BMW x3 and basically every other car I have rented recently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.