Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You National

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Well, sadly my 10-year run being Executive/Executive Elite with National will be coming to an end after the end of CY18 (I've already qualified for Executive next year) as my company has changed our primary agency over to Hertz. I wish I didn't have to leave, but the delta between National and Hertz is quite significant now.
When my company switched from National to Hertz, the company code for National kept working. I kept using it with a "it's cheaper than Hertz" justification. Not that anyone ever questioned it, but where I work "I'm saving the company money" is appreciated and allows me to get around company policies.

A few years later the company has switched back to National
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
When my company switched from National to Hertz, the company code for National kept working. I kept using it with a "it's cheaper than Hertz" justification. Not that anyone ever questioned it, but where I work "I'm saving the company money" is appreciated and allows me to get around company policies.

A few years later the company has switched back to National
Yes, our corporate code still works, and I still used National for about 1-month after the switch, but then the original contract terms must have expired. Our National corporate rate still works, but it is significantly higher than before. It is also about $120 more expensive per week than the Hertz contract, so no way for me to justify it when flagged.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
The Audi interface seems like something that would have to grow on you as an Audi owner. In a rental car, I've honestly never fully figured it out. I used to rent Audis from Silvercar at PHX...they kept sending me coupons. But once Uber/Lyft got their dedicated airport spot, I've stopped renting there entirely.
Meh I've rented the Q5 and it's pretty bad IMHO. I have no issue with no touchscreen but it is looked like it was made in the early 2000's. The bmw idrive and Mercedes command is better IMHO.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Meh I've rented the Q5 and it's pretty bad IMHO. I have no issue with no touchscreen but it is looked like it was made in the early 2000's. The bmw idrive and Mercedes command is better IMHO.
i think the A3 has an updated interface. It is not touchscreen and the screen retracts into the dash when not in use. It has the knob on the center console you can use to "write" on or twist. I'll take a photo tomorrow
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
i think the A3 has an updated interface. It is not touchscreen and the screen retracts into the dash when not in use. It has the knob on the center console you can use to "write" on or twist. I'll take a photo tomorrow
is the screen back with some orange? If so it's the older one. I know in the 2018 Q5 Audi is using a better newer version of their MMI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.