Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You National

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
LGA. It's not technically on the airport which is why they do it
Exactly which taxes were they willing to waive?

Airport (specific) Contract Fee?
Airport concession recovery Fee?

Any others?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Exactly which taxes were they willing to waive?

Airport (specific) Contract Fee?
Airport concession recovery Fee?

Any others?

Both of those. I still pay car rental sales tax and sales tax on the rental
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:45 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by dwbf11; Aug 9, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by blufish312
Sometimes I look at the Avis lot on my way through and it seems like they have some nicer stuff than I can find on the ES.

Lately I've had mixed luck on the aisle - got lucky at got a Mustang GT at DTW over Christmas, but other than LAX (where it seems a Charger R/T is always available) it's been the usual Impalas and Grand Cherokees. But hey, I'll take that any time over the smaller airports without an aisle, where you're stuck with a Camry or Versa.

I wish jfk or LGA had grand Cherokees.... They rarely have them and if they do its usually I'm the Laredo trim with no options and no camera
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I wish jfk or LGA had grand Cherokees.... They rarely have them and if they do its usually I'm the Laredo trim with no options and no camera
I've picked up a Grand Cherokee Limited at least one time this year and have seen them on the aisle in 3-4 occasions at LGA this year.

Most recently I've had another BMW X3 and Cadillac XTS.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
I've picked up a Grand Cherokee Limited at least one time this year and have seen them on the aisle in 3-4 occasions at LGA this year.

Most recently I've had another BMW X3 and Cadillac XTS.

An X3 and XTS on the executive aisle? They have those alot but always at am up charge.

As far as the Cherokee goes I usually see the regular Cherokee, compass Patriot and etc but very rarely a grand Cherokee and even more rarer in the limited trim.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
An X3 and XTS on the executive aisle? They have those alot but always at am up charge.

As far as the Cherokee goes I usually see the regular Cherokee, compass Patriot and etc but very rarely a grand Cherokee and even more rarer in the limited trim.
I've never paid an up-charge. Though, it looks like my X3 rentals were part of the promo national has going on now.

I guess I'm lucky with my arrivals. I know 3 times the Grand Cherokee on the aisle were limited because I took the keys to them when I walk the aisle to see if there is anything better worth taking. I prefer coupes/sedans when in NYC as I don't want to pay the oversize vehicle parking fee.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:46 pm

I've never paid an up-charge. Though, it looks like my X3 rentals were part of the promo national has going on now.

I guess I'm lucky with my arrivals. I know 3 times the Grand Cherokee on the aisle were limited because I took the keys to them when I walk the aisle to see if there is anything better worth taking. I prefer coupes/sedans when in NYC as I don't want to pay the oversize vehicle parking fee.

Meh. Currently have an Explorer and pay no parking fees lol. I also live here and just Park it on the street. Must be my bad timing I guess. Usually there at night and they never have them
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Well, sadly my 10-year run being Executive/Executive Elite with National will be coming to an end after the end of CY18 (I've already qualified for Executive next year) as my company has changed our primary agency over to Hertz. I wish I didn't have to leave, but the delta between National and Hertz is quite significant now.

I have Hertz experience, mostly in Europe (which is always great), and wasn't really impressed with the high mileage low option vehicles I'd received in the US. I must say that I wasn't expecting to receive any nice cars, but this week held my first reservation with Hertz for the year and I was assigned a 2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV w/8,000 miles, but swapped it for a 2017 Cadillac CTS (w/2,000 miles) loaded with every option (heads-up, lane assist, self-park, collision, etc). I'm not sure if it's due to PC status, Hertz gaining such a large account, or just luck, but here's hoping all future rentals are this good. I'm still sad to leave National...especially on it's 30th birthday
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Well, it was difficult leaving National and I do miss the staff from the locations that I frequent, but I can't say that I am disappointed with the vehicles that Hertz has provided me. Since the switch, I have received the following vehicles:

- 2017 Cadillac CTS
- 2017 Cadillac XT5
- 2017 Cadillac XTS
- 2017 Cadillac Escalade
- 2017 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2017 Chevrolet Camero SS
- 2016 Chrysler 300
- 2017 Infiniti Q60
- 2017 Infiniti Q50
- 2017 Jaguar XE

Here's hoping it continues! But National, I do miss you and wish I wasn't forced to leave!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I was PC for a few years and never got anything close to that *except* back in 2000 or so when they were just rolling out Prestige Collection. Both the status tiers and the Jaguars themselves were pretty new to the system, so for a year or so I was getting them semi-often.

Is your booking class Standard or something higher? Are all locations doing this or are you a "regular" somewhere?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pinniped
I was PC for a few years and never got anything close to that *except* back in 2000 or so when they were just rolling out Prestige Collection. Both the status tiers and the Jaguars themselves were pretty new to the system, so for a year or so I was getting them semi-often.

Is your booking class Standard or something higher? Are all locations doing this or are you a "regular" somewhere?
I only book intermediate/midsize and receive the previously mentioned cars...same goes for the previously mentioned cars for National.

I frequent these locations, but don't have the rapport with the Hertz staff yet that I did with the National staff.

FYI, I'm in a loaded Audi A3 currently.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:51 pm

I only book intermediate/midsize and receive the previously mentioned cars...same goes for the previously mentioned cars for National.

I frequent these locations, but don't have the rapport with the Hertz staff yet that I did with the National staff.

FYI, I'm in a loaded Audi A3 currently.

The A3 has the older Audi MMI interface? I would probably take a Ford fusion titanium over it lol. I really do hate the older Audi infotainment screen. In terms of fun driving isn't it similar considering they are both front wheel drive with similar horse power?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

The A3 has the older Audi MMI interface? I would probably take a Ford fusion titanium over it lol. I really do hate the older Audi infotainment screen. In terms of fun driving isn't it similar considering they are both front wheel drive with similar horse power?
I actually don't mind the infotainment interface; other than the NAVI voice is quite robotically annoying. If a Titanium Fusion was there, yes, I would probably have taken it, but I actually haven't seen many Fords at Hertz. I was brought a brand new Acadia will all the bells and whistles, but preferred a Sedan. I could have taken a GLA250, but hadn't had an Audi in a while. Also had the choice of an RS Camaro Convo, but it was bright yellow and I just had the SS Convo, so the RS would be a disappointment.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The Audi interface seems like something that would have to grow on you as an Audi owner. In a rental car, I've honestly never fully figured it out. I used to rent Audis from Silvercar at PHX...they kept sending me coupons. But once Uber/Lyft got their dedicated airport spot, I've stopped renting there entirely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.