Wiki Posts
Search

Virtual Exit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite
Virtual Exit

Has anyone tried the virtual exit option available in the app?
Attached Images  
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by joepa26
Has anyone tried the virtual exit option available in the app?
I did in IAH or MSY, I can't remember which one. I scanned the bar code on the key. I still handed the paperwork to the person in the booth. It seemed to take the same amount of time but it was new and she asked me how I liked the new system and a few other good days and such, so it was difficult to gauge any time savings.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JSSAUCE
I did in IAH or MSY, I can't remember which one. I scanned the bar code on the key. I still handed the paperwork to the person in the booth. It seemed to take the same amount of time but it was new and she asked me how I liked the new system and a few other good days and such, so it was difficult to gauge any time savings.

Nice! Thank you for sharing.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL PLT, WN A-List Preferred, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite
I used it in TPA last week. The app gave me a bar code on my phone after I scanned the one on the paperwork. Showed that code on exit along with my license, and the agent scanned it. Easy process.

It seemed to save time from the usual process of handing my license over, the exit agent typing information, etc. Exit probably took 2 minutes.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
I've used it in TPA as well. Honestly I'm not sure it saves any time, might even increase time.

Essentially you're pre-linking the car to your reservation, so they can just scan the barcode on your phone to pull up your reservation and assign the car to it in one step. Normally you hand over your license and the paper with barcode, they type in your name, and scan the barcode to assign the car.

Virtually no difference in time at the booth, and you spend extra time pulling up the virtual exit screen in the app and scanning the barcode on the car keyring before going to the booth.

So seems like extra work for me without any benefit.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Had 2 rentals last week. Both times I tried to scan the barcode on the car and the barcode on the keys. Both times the app wouldn't read the barcode so I gave up. It's not like the normal checkout takes a long time when you are an EC member.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:36 pm

Where do you click to scan the QR code?

Do you only get the option to scan the QR code on the day of the rental? I have a reservation for MCO in June. When I click on Virtual Exit, it only gives instructions to Scan the QR code .... but where do you do that? I have the most recent version of the app using android and iOS.
Old May 13, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Drew.C
Do you only get the option to scan the QR code on the day of the rental? I have a reservation for MCO in June. When I click on Virtual Exit, it only gives instructions to Scan the QR code .... but where do you do that? I have the most recent version of the app using android and iOS.
You scan the QR code or Barcode on the car you choose at the location. Why would you want to 'exit' (and have your rental start) before you get to the location and pick a car?

Ron.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by newfbc
You scan the QR code or Barcode on the car you choose at the location. Why would you want to 'exit' (and have your rental start) before you get to the location and pick a car?

Ron.
I was trying to figure out in the app what you press to scan the QR code so when I arrived I could use this feature. I have not had the chance to use Virtual Exit before. I expected to press Virtual Exit and it switch my phone to camera mode to scan something.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:30 pm

I essentially just use it to test whether I can exit with a specific car without facing additional charges with my reservation. That way you can try out cars that aren't directly on the aisle ;-)
Sicariis likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:28 pm

With Virtual Exit am I supposed to be able to select the exact car I want before actually arriving to the lot?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by ILman
With Virtual Exit am I supposed to be able to select the exact car I want before actually arriving to the lot?
I don't think so.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I don't think so.
In the link below it implies otherwise.

https://www.enterpriseholdings.com/e...locations.html
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by ILman
In the link below it implies otherwise.

https://www.enterpriseholdings.com/e...locations.html
Well in theory you apparently then can reserve the exact car you want by using the app, but in practice I have never seen that as an option. In my experience, the Virtual Aisle is a totally useless feature- it saved no time at all.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Well in theory you apparently then can reserve the exact car you want by using the app, but in practice I have never seen that as an option. In my experience, the Virtual Aisle is a totally useless feature- it saved no time at all.
I think you're confusing the Virtual Aisle and Virtual Exit programs, unless the two have been combined into one (confusing) product/feature/branding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.