Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Any discount Contract IDs that ACTUALLY really work WELL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any discount Contract IDs that ACTUALLY really work WELL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:30 am
CMW

Don't forget Entertainment Book 5190257. They have some good coupons also.

I too got a really great rate on a rental at MSY-- for the first weekend of Jazzfest no less! Midsize for 3 days 44.48 total! Alamo had some really great rates on compact but this beats even that.

This will be my first experince with National since I just enrolled in the Emerald Club. On another thread someone mentioned you don't get a "real contract" w/ EA service. Doesn't this cause problems if you get pulled over, etc?

[This message has been edited by CMW (edited 03-13-2003).]
Old Mar 13, 2003, 1:07 pm

Programs: National Rental - Executive
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMW:
Don't forget Entertainment Book 5190257. They have some good coupons also.

- What is this? Do I just use this number and hope they don't ask for the coupon... where can I get the book?

I too got a really great rate on a rental at MSY-- for the first weekend of Jazzfest no less! Midsize for 3 days 44.48 total! Alamo had some really great rates on compact but this beats even that.
</font>
Are you kidding me! Under $20/day during Jazz Fest!?! Congrats, during Mardi Gras the best I found was $45/day. You owe a big thanks to FT, the board comes through again.

Old Mar 14, 2003, 1:45 pm
CMW

Your right Fletch this board is a great resource. I've been pretty active on the Hertz and AVIS boards but the main reason I even looked at National was because I received a targeted promo for a Emerald Club membership recently.

That coupon code for NW double miles and free day you mentioned earlier on this thread--does it require a paper coupon be presented? Does the contract code also have to be NW 6900600?

FWIW, I got an AVIS rental for $25/day during Mardi Gras w/D002807 and using a free day coupon.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:29 am
Original Member

When i applied for a RediCard from Red Roof Inn, I received a National Car Rental Membership Discount Card in my membership envelope. I'm going to Toronto at the end of May for the RedSox series against the BlueJays, so I thought I would give the card a try. I used Coupon I.D.#10008107(exp 12/31/2003)and Contract I.D.# 5480931 and came up with a 4 day rental price(Full Size)of $83.73CDN or $56.40USD, and thats with all taxes amd fees included. That's $14.10USD a day! This coupon was for 1 free weekend day rental with a minimum of 3 days,and 4 maximum. You must also stay a Friday and Saturday night. To receive discount coupons, you may request a RediRoof membership at Red Roof Inn online. I have never stayed there, but I sign up for any membership in all the hotel, airline, and rental car categories because you never know what goodies might come along in the membership packets they send you.

[This message has been edited by general45 (edited 03-18-2003).]
Old Mar 16, 2003, 5:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMW:
Don't forget Entertainment Book 5190257. They have some good coupons also.</font>
Works every time at National too, unlike some other companies.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 8:44 pm

Programs: National Rental - Executive
Your right Fletch this board is a great resource. I've been pretty active on the Hertz and AVIS boards but the main reason I even looked at National was because I received a targeted promo for a Emerald Club membership recently.

That coupon code for NW double miles and free day you mentioned earlier on this thread--does it require a paper coupon be presented? Does the contract code also have to be NW 6900600?

FWIW, I got an AVIS rental for $25/day during Mardi Gras w/D002807 and using a free day coupon.
</font>
CMW,
You are a low-rate master, I never find good rates at MSY.

That NW coupon is probably not needed, can't tell b/c I tossed it after post the numbers here. ...need to start reading the fine print first.

Old Mar 17, 2003, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I need a car at MCO this weekend and the 10008505 coupon gets me one free day. Any idea where I can get one of the coupons in case they ask for it? Any good codes for use at MCO?
$42/day for an intermediate is the best I can find with anything posted here.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 4:58 pm
Original Member

If you want a to print the coupon I used on another rental, go to: http://www.nationalcar.com/servlet/D...ion_outlet.jsp
Look near the bottom of the page where it says,"print out a free day coupon" and press. Print and present at the rental counter. Here's one that doesn't need a coupon; use rate codeB39401 and Contract ID#5760339. Iv'e gotten some pretty good deals using that one, and it works for any class vehicle.

[This message has been edited by general45 (edited 03-17-2003).]
Old Mar 18, 2003, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
WOW! That rate code combo dropped the price almost in half. What is it from?!?!

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 03-18-2003).]
Old Mar 18, 2003, 5:38 pm
Original Member

I used it a few times last year after signing up at a Carlson Wagonlit websight. I made the reservation with Carlson and than checked the National website for the rate and contract info while viewing my reservation online. I have used it a few times since, and it never seems to disappoint when I don't have discounts available any where else.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 9:05 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Saved me $100 on a weekly vacation rental. FT rocks!
Old Mar 19, 2003, 4:10 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by general45:
I used it a few times last year after signing up at a Carlson Wagonlit websight. I made the reservation with Carlson and than checked the National website for the rate and contract info while viewing my reservation online. I have used it a few times since, and it never seems to disappoint when I don't have discounts available any where else.</font>
FWIW, I pulled up some locations where I intend to rent using this rate-code and corp-discount, and it always brought up a midsize for $20.99 and a standard-/full-size for $25.99 at each of the locations I checked. This may (PHX) or may not (SFO) be the best rate you can get...but it seems pretty constant. This also works for single day rentals, btw.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 20, 2003, 4:59 pm

Thank you general45 This is going to save me $70 off the lowest rate I had found for our family's upcoming vacation.

These codes did not work for a premium-size car, but when I went down a category to full-size, it did.

Have you ever been asked to present any kind of card when using this combination of codes? Under "company association" on my National confirmation, it says CLG AGENT FAMILY PASS/UNIGLOBE CORP.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:32 pm
Original Member

I have used this many times and never presented any sort of I.D.. I called National reservations the first time I made a reservation using these codes and asked to reconfirm a confirmation #. She reconfirmed the rate and when I asked if I needed to present any I.D. or coupons, she said it was a family rate and that I was all set, no I.D. required. You can reconfirm doing the same as i did if it makes you feel better, but I have used this about 5 times since, and the reservations have always gone off without a hitch. You can also sign up http://carlsontravel.com and create your own account to do reservations through this agency. Allthough the confirmation page says that you must pay a non refundable fee for ticketing, I have found that this only applies to airline and cruise tickets. One downside to this method is that you must go to the National website or telephone reservations to cancel a reservation as the site will not allow you to do it.

[This message has been edited by general45 (edited 03-20-2003).]
Old Mar 25, 2003, 9:53 am

Location: Chicago - AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott PL, Starwood PL, Hyatt Gold
This code works great for me:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.