Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:45 am

I don't understand how one earns 75 points: Complete 5 Bonus Opportunities
"Complete five bonus opportunities by February 28, 2019, and earn a one-time bonus of 75 points. Check your dashboard to see which bonus opportunities you haven’t earned yet."

To-date, I've completed:
-one 8day rental 600p
-one 12day rental 900p
-six App rentals (ea was 1-day, but ea paid me 75p)
-Sirius 300p
-Survey 50p
-Mystery 100p

So what can I book (at minimum) now to earn:
- weekend for 100 (which is not even listed in my Bonus Opportunities???)
- 3 completed rentals for 100
- 5bonus opps for 75
-any other that's cheap to procure?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I don't understand how one earns 75 points: Complete 5 Bonus Opportunities
"Complete five bonus opportunities by February 28, 2019, and earn a one-time bonus of 75 points. Check your dashboard to see which bonus opportunities you haven’t earned yet."

To-date, I've completed:
-one 8day rental 600p
-one 12day rental 900p
-six App rentals (ea was 1-day, but ea paid me 75p)
-Sirius 300p
-Survey 50p
-Mystery 100p

So what can I book (at minimum) now to earn:
- weekend for 100 (which is not even listed in my Bonus Opportunities???)
- 3 completed rentals for 100
- 5bonus opps for 75
-any other that's cheap to procure?
You could use emerald checkout for 25 pts on each rental if you can find a car with a qr code
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
You could use emerald checkout for 25 pts on each rental if you can find a car with a qr code
Wow thanks, this opportunity skipped my radar. Can 50p really be earned every time, do all airports have it? Has anyone tried this on free 1-day rental (like when u r paying with 1-2-F coupon) lol
Emerald CheckoutSM
Earn a bonus of 50 points each time you use Emerald Checkout at select locations in the U.S. and Canada. Note: You’ll need the most current NationalŽ app and an up-to-date profile to use this service.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
yes, you get 50 points for using emerald checkout regardless if it's a qualifying rental (2 days +).

It only works if the car has a QR code (50/50 if a car has it in my experience - very annoying when it doesn't) and only works if the rental lot has cell coverage (could not get coverage in the FLL garage)
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by xienon
yes, you get 50 points for using emerald checkout regardless if it's a qualifying rental (2 days +).

It only works if the car has a QR code (50/50 if a car has it in my experience - very annoying when it doesn't) and only works if the rental lot has cell coverage (could not get coverage in the FLL garage)
btw, since I never looked for QR code before - is there an easy way to spot it in a row of vehicles?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:26 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
It is the black and white QR code that is placed on the "Check Out Your Ride" blue sticker they put on most of the driver's side windows. I personally try to avoid those because there's no better way to signal that you're driving a rental than a bright blue sticker.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
It is the black and white QR code that is placed on the "Check Out Your Ride" blue sticker they put on most of the driver's side windows. I personally try to avoid those because there's no better way to signal that you're driving a rental than a bright blue sticker.
The other, more common, place to find a QR code is at the base of the front windshield or key chain on the National/Enterprise sticker that lists the name, vin, model year, trim, and class of the car. Some cars have both a QR code and a bar code on that sticker and others only have a bar code. I don't know why there are still two different types of stickers out there in the fleet.

More often than not, the big QR code on the side window will be missing so I will scan the smaller QR code on the base of the windshield or key chain.

Last edited by xienon; Jan 23, 2019 at 4:51 pm
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:15 am

That sticker or the Colorado “Fleet” license plates.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:58 pm

Indiana, Lousiana and Alberta fleet plates stick out like a sore thumb too
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:52 am

One reason why never bothered with Zipcar or Enterprise ride shares; am not driving one of those vehicles with "Zipcar" or "Enterprise" printed in big letters on outside.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by xienon

Opinions:
1. "Weekend Rental" for 100points is not listed among my bonus opportunities this year. I'm about to rent Sat-Mon (2days). Will I get 100, and will it count toward the 75-point opportunity "for completing 5 bonus opportunities"? (again, "Weekend" is not on my list of opportunities)
2. I'm picking up at a smaller FL airport that doesn't have Emerald Aisle, a garage or an attendant. I just get key from Alamo/National counter inside terminal, and drive out of un-attended open lot. Can I use QR to get 50 points?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:27 pm

I am short of 500 points for another free bonus day.

Have the SiriusXM and Neighborhood one that I can complete.

​​​​​Will a one day one way rental using EC earned credits (not 12F) at a enterprise neighborhood location with SiriusXM hit the mark?

I wa reading the posts in the previous pages and it seems like someone mentioned rental credits are eligible and another person got SiriusXM done for a single day rental (5 hours)

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:15 pm

Opinions:
1. "Weekend Rental" for 100points is not listed among my bonus opportunities this year. I'm about to rent Sat-Mon (2days). Will I get 100, and will it count toward the 75-point opportunity "for completing 5 bonus opportunities"? (again, "Weekend" is not on my list of opportunities)
2. I'm picking up at a smaller FL airport that doesn't have Emerald Aisle, a garage or an attendant. I just get key from Alamo/National counter inside terminal, and drive out of un-attended open lot. Can I use QR to get 50 points?
For Question #2 , if there's no aisle, their will not be a "emerald checkout" option in the app and you won't have a chance for the 50 points. Usually when picking up from a "emerald checkout" location, I get an email about two days prior reminding me to use this feature.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Yunnnn
I am short of 500 points for another free bonus day.

Have the SiriusXM and Neighborhood one that I can complete.

​​​​​Will a one day one way rental using EC earned credits (not 12F) at a enterprise neighborhood location with SiriusXM hit the mark?

I wa reading the posts in the previous pages and it seems like someone mentioned rental credits are eligible and another person got SiriusXM done for a single day rental (5 hours)

Thanks!
Sirius 300p did hit up for me (in addition to 75p for App-reservation) on a 1-day 1-way rental that I fully paid for with a 1-2-F coupon (safe for about $14 for Sirius option+taxes). So that was pretty good for National App reservation. Your question addresses Enterprise rental; what platform can it be reserved on to maximize 1-2-F points?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:06 pm

Sirius 300p did hit up for me (in addition to 75p for App-reservation) on a 1-day 1-way rental that I fully paid for with a 1-2-F coupon (safe for about $14 for Sirius option+taxes). So that was pretty good for National App reservation. Your question addresses Enterprise rental; what platform can it be reserved on to maximize 1-2-F points?
Cool thanks. I guess I'll be making my one way reservation with the app and 12F coupon too!

Also, I think I was mistaken about enterprise neighborhood. Seems like you can only rent enterprise from Enterprise.com but logged in with National ID

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.