Wiki Posts
Search

cars at PBI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: dl plat
cars at PBI

Did not see a thread for this South Florida airport (unlike the very informative FLL one) so thought I would start.

Sept Fri afternoon was fairly sparse with 5 or less cars per aisle:

Emerald: Kia Sorrento (somebody got to this before I could) was only interesting thing, otherwise sebring and base camry.

Executive: base Camry, Jeep Grand Cherokee (nice choice but too much SUV for South Fla IMHO), base 300, Crown Vic, and the Buick Lucere I foolishly took.

So some mediocre to OK options, but pretty empty lot. Kind staff and easy fast shuttle ride to lot.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:34 pm

Thanks for the info - we're picking up here on Friday 9/24 but dropping off at FLL on 9/26
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Stellar experience at PBI on 12/1 @9PM.

Both the EA/ES were full with a nice selection of different car sizes & models.

I chose a Toyota Camry.

The checkout gate lady asked how I was & when I mentioned in passing that I was disappointed there were no convertibles, she offered to call the mgr & ask if I could have one from the regular lot.

Not only did they say I could have one, they insisted on delivering it to me at the gate. ^
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
I just dropped off there yesterday. I saw many 2011 Avengers, Grand Caravans, Town & Countrys, Chargers, Chrysler 200's and Ford Edge's in the return area.

When we drove by the Emerald area when leaving, I could see an Equniox and many impalas, older chargers, malibus and fusions on the aisle - couldn't see if it was ES or EA
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:36 pm

Just picked up about an hour ago. I am EA and had a premium car reservation, my choices were a regal cxl (1) in white or silver. On the EA there were 2010-2011 malibu LT's in every color you could want and 1 kia sorento. The ES had more impalas in any color you could want.

This lot has a specific area for EA/ES and then 8 or so spots for cars that are emerald reserve - included 2 regals and one cadillac sts. The rest of the cars on on the other side of the all outside lot

In the minivan section i saw 1 kia sedona. in the luxury section i saw a few sts'. in the Large/Premium suv area i saw tahoes, suburbans, yukons and expeditions.

I will post my ride report of the regal soon.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:14 pm

Reserved a minivan for Sept 26th. Choices were 2 2012 Town & Country Tourings (1 of which i took with 1400 miles and active XM) 10 or so 2011-2012 Caravan Mainstreet/ Crew trim and 2 Kia Sedona LX.

While leaving i glanced at EA/ES and it was the usual mix of impalas, malibus, 1 kia sorrento and 1 charger.
In premium i saw 3 Ford Crown Vic's - I'm guessing National bought as many of they could before ford stopped making them
Old Oct 28, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
recently

anybody been here recently? Reserved a full-size hoping for a cross-over/SUV/Minivan in the EA/ES/ES-FULLSIZE.. The station manager keeps blabbing away about high season and low season for what they put in the aisles. Any confirmations?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:22 am

Last time i was there, the only SUV i saw in the EA/ES area was a kia sorrento. I am flying in thursday this week and will provide an update of what they have.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rpk113
anybody been here recently? Reserved a full-size hoping for a cross-over/SUV/Minivan in the EA/ES/ES-FULLSIZE.. The station manager keeps blabbing away about high season and low season for what they put in the aisles. Any confirmations?
Do they ever put convertibles in the Aisle during season? I had zero luck last year trying to swap for a convertible at FLL, or even finding something decent like a Cadillac or Lincoln or Genesis.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:09 pm

Just arrived at PBI about an hour ago. EA had 1 sonata, 1 malibu LTZ, 2 jeep compass and a corolla. ES had about a dozen 2011/2012 impalas, 1 escape and 1 jeep compass. I had a standard suv reserved and was directed to a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL - they had it in 1 of 3 covered stalls for me and said it was a premuim crossover and upgraded me since they were low on standard SUV's. Also in the reserved section were 2 Chrysler 200 convertibles, a Cadillac DTS and a G37.

In the large suv area i saw Tahos, Suburbans, Expeditions and Lincoln MKX's. In luxury I saw Cadillac DTS and Town Cars.

Also wanted to add that when the bus dropped me off at the EA/ES area, an employee was there and offered cold bottles of water and granola bars to me and vehicle selection. When i said i had a standard suv reserved, he said my name and directed me to the Enclave. First time this has ever happened to me and a nice touch. He and the booth agent also thanked me for my business.

Last edited by SkiBum1229; Nov 3, 2011 at 4:16 pm
Old Nov 18, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by SkiBum1229
Just arrived at PBI about an hour ago....

Also wanted to add that when the bus dropped me off at the EA/ES area, an employee was there and offered cold bottles of water and granola bars to me and vehicle selection. When i said i had a standard suv reserved, he said my name and directed me to the Enclave. First time this has ever happened to me and a nice touch. He and the booth agent also thanked me for my business.
A huge +1 to what SkiBum1229 says about the staff at PBI!

I've rented quite often at PBI in the last 6 mos and can unequivocally say that each staff member (from the bus driver to mgmt to the booth agent & return staff) I've encountered has been great and seriously committed to improving our customer experience. ^

Speaking of improving customer service, PBI recently launched a test program to provide customers with a quicker response to any problem with their rental. See, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17473744-post1.html
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:03 pm

Arrived about 9pm tonight. EA had Jeep compasses, patriots, libertys and Chrysler 200's. ES had a mustang V6 convert, Chrysler 300, a few 2012 impala's, a few nissan altimas, a dodge journey, some chrysler 200's, a chevy traverse, and a 2011 Ford Escape Limited that i took - i had an intermediate suv and didnt want to chance it by taking the mustang and someone else snagged the durango. In the EA/ES prem section was a VW CC and Lux had a Infiniti G25 NOT G37.

I will post a review of the escape once i return it
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:26 pm

Just picked up. Had a intermediate suv reserved and they had a 2011 traverse waiting for me which i declined and asked to take a 2012 edge as i had wanted to try it - the agent said yes.
The EA/ES lot was packed - i have never seen it so full

EA had a bunch of Chrysler 200's and Dodge Avengers, 2 jeep libertys, a kia sorento, a crown vic and 2 2012 impala LS's and 2 dodge caravans
ES had 2011 and 2012 impalas in LS, LT and LTZ trim levels, 1 ford edge that i took, 1 volvo xc70 that i wish i would have asked for, 1 hyundai santa fe and a bunch of altimas, i also saw 2 altima coupes. In the Emerald Reserve section where my traverse was there were 2 maximas in premium and 1 saab 9-3 in luxury
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
PBI Lately

Has anyone been through PBI lately and can say what EA/ES have in selection?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by squashgw
Has anyone been through PBI lately and can say what EA/ES have in selection?
I've been there a couple of times in the past month...nothing much to speak of in the EA or Exec...mostly Impalas and SUVs. I had made arrangements in advance to take a Buick Regal that was sitting around, but its Sirius was already out so I passed.

When I walked over to the regular area next store to look for a Sonata, the manager came rushing out and actually shoo'd me back over to the Elite side, saying I could not take a car from the regular area and had to choose from the Elite side

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.