Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cars at PBI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
The fairly small Executive section had decent selection of SUV's: Edge Titanium w/Pano sunroof, Tiguan, Explorer, Rogue along with a few Grand Caravans, Impalas and Fusions.
EA had a few Rogues, Escapes and RAV4's
Upgrade section had a 911 cabrio and Jag F-pace (seeing both for the 1st time at National).

I took the Edge and it was a nice ride with the giant sunroof, cooled leather seats, nav, and 2L Turbo. Only the fuel economy was subpar.
Old May 27, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
My experience at PBI on Tuesday 5/15 approx. 8:00 p.m.

Nissan Pathfinder (my pick)
Ford Escape
Dodge Caravan x3
Chrysler Pacifica
Nissan Altima
Nissan Rogue
Chevy Malibu

Upgrade area:
BMW 7 series
Chevy Corvette
Old Jul 22, 2020, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Any recent reports?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Any recent reports?
in June, there was a queue of arriving people (mostly not Emerald members, I assume) and very few cars of any kind. I guess late Sunday is your best bet
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
in June, there was a queue of arriving people (mostly not Emerald members, I assume) and very few cars of any kind. I guess late Sunday is your best bet
Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I rented a car on a Saturday morning.
It was a surreal experience. National, Alamo, and Enterprise were all combined. Nothing in the Executive Isle, you had to go inside, where they confirmed your reservation and sent you to a person outside.
I had a choice between two Jeeps, a Cherokee and a Wrangler. That was it. There was a mini van, but they said that would be an upgrade and wouldn't give it to me. Opted for the Cherokee.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent updates? I have to get a car in March. It needs to be larger, but would like to choose from the Emerald Isle.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Any recent updates? I have to get a car in March. It needs to be larger, but would like to choose from the Emerald Isle.
Not terribly recent but I picked up here in Nov. There was only 2 cars in the Aisle and some people had to wait for a car. It was an early Monday afternoon for what its worth.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Have things improved in PBI? Are cars more plentiful or is it worse?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:43 am

Was just here. No EA selection, EA was allowed to pick from ES.

Wanted a Jeep, but oh well.

2x Tacoma
1x Ford Escape
1x Ford Edge
1x Nissan Altima
1x Mazda CX5
1x BMW 228, took this
1x Mini Countryman
Auto Enthusiast, xienon and jizen like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Was just there around 8pm on Friday 9/9. Lot was completely packed and overflowing with vehicles. They were telling all National customers to select anything from the combined EA/EE area. I saw two VW Atlas, 1 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1 Durango GT, many Ford Escape and Edges, a few altimas many Chrysler Pacificas (even a few hybrids) and a Wagoneer Series II that I selected. It had 12k miles and was a fantastic rental. I’m sure there was more but traveling with family I was looking for something big and comfortable and stopped looking after I spotted the Wagoneer
Old Oct 9, 2022, 1:37 pm

Rented 10/9/22 around 1:30 PM. Both executive and regular aisles were pretty barren. I saw a CR-V, Camry SE, Tacoma, Infiniti Q50, and a Tiguan SE (which I took).
oftech, pbiflyer and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Picked up 10/25 at 11pm. There was one single vehicle available - a dodge ram 1500, other then that I was offered a ford transit 15 passenger van. Was not happy with that. The person working said take it or leave it.

There was two vehicles in the exotic section - looked like 2x electric porsche - as soon as I even looked over there I was told they were off limits.

Not the best experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.