Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Experiences at SLC?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2021, 5:05 am

Any recent emerald aisle experiences here?
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:58 am

Why are there 2 threads about SLC?
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:59 am

We have 2 threads on the same location?
kxc262 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Why are there 2 threads about SLC?
Good question.

Maybe close them both and open a new thread for the new facility.

Bottom line is it's a huge improvement over what was formerly probably the worst National location in the country.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Good question.

Maybe close them both and open a new thread for the new facility.

Bottom line is it's a huge improvement over what was formerly probably the worst National location in the country.
That title now belongs to EWR.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Anyone rent here this year?

-J.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Anyone rent here this year?

-J.
yes but not through National (used Hertz, who had some staffing issues) If you go, be prepared if you haven't been lately as the rental space (as well as the airport) is completely new.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive
I have, a few times since mid April. Car selection is okayish. In EA,a few GMC Acadias, Nissan Maximas, lots of Minivans (Utah after all), several P/U's, a few Camry's, a couple Jeep Wranglers.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by e134k
I have, a few times since mid April. Car selection is okayish. In EA,a few GMC Acadias, Nissan Maximas, lots of Minivans (Utah after all), several P/U's, a few Camry's, a couple Jeep Wranglers.
That matches what I saw a couple of weeks ago when returning at another company. ES had nicer vehicles including a Q7.

Enterprise Exotics had Escalades, Navigators, and a Chevy Express

-J.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Glob, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
Was at SLC over the weekend, arriving late on a Friday. Exec aisle had a ton of pickups and SUVs. I don't really drive either of those classes, so unfortunately couldn't tell you if they're good or not. As for sedans, of note, I saw a Mazda 3 and a nicely outfitted Camry, which I drove off in.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:13 pm

I will be flying into SLC on June 26th for a vacation to the national parks in Utah. Are there typically trucks (F150 or similar) or AWD vehicles in Emerald Aisle? I need something that can carry a family of four and do OK with some very-light off road driving, nothing hard-core, but probably too much to safely navigate in a FWD car.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive
From the past 3 weeks of dropping off and picking up for work at SLC, you will have no problem finding a Dodge Ram (lots of them when I left there this Sunday 6/13) or even a SUV from Emerald. Not sure if the SUV's are AWD in Emerald, but they have all been AWD in Executive. I think you'll be safe in getting what you want so long as you book that midsize reservation.

As far as Exec, I saw a Dodge Rebel, a few Jeep Wranglers, a few Chevy Traverses AWD (I got this one), a VW Atlas. Cars were scarce on Exec. Emerald had lots of Corollas and Camrys, lots of Hyundai SUVs.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:24 pm

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Arrived at 5pm yesterday. Exec Aisle had a pickup truck and two Hyundai SUVs. Emerald Aisle had a very vanilla smattering of boring sedans, minivans, and more pickup trucks. There was an Audi A6 parked directly under an "executive aisle" sign with a hang-tag for the upsell price; I wandered back to the booth to ask (fake naively) if it was on the exec aisle because of where it was parked. The manager I spoke with didn't take the bait on giving me the A6, but did wander out with me to see the anemic selection of cars on the lot. He pointed to a VW Passat in the full-size section and asked if that would work for me; after a bit more wandering to see if I could find something better, I took it. Since I was returning the car less than 12 hours later (with a whopping 15 miles put on it), I didn't push for anything better. But the slews of empty spots and lack of selection was pretty disappointing overall.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:27 pm

Does Alamo "skip the counter" at SLC lead you to the same choice of cars as the Emerald Aisle of National or are there separate aisles for Alamo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.