Search

Cars at BNA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:12 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by taylorc418
As of today the new rental car facility is open, and with it, an emerald and executive aisle
Great! We will try it out at Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
Forgot to add that as EE I got a 2012 Chevy equinox with approximately 4k miles, but XM had already expired. Didn't feel like walking the aisle to find a car with it. Looked to be quite a few Impalas, Corollas and a pickup in the EA.

Coworker returned car yesterday and said it was a bit of a haul back to the terminal (longer than the previous location). It is similar to the walk at DCA in that you follow a walkway through the garage back to the main building.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
The new facility is open. For the days that are a bit on the cool side there are some IR heaters on part of the walk back to the terminal.

The walk from National to the terminal is less than 3 min and stays on the ground floor. A nice perk for anyone with bags. Also, the walk is not anything like DCA in terms of the distance. IMO, a walk most of us need before and after our flights.

Nice to have the EmA and ExA services at BNA.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I used the new facility for the second time yesterday. It was an absolute madhouse (10:30am on a Monday), and as I walked up to the ES area, all 7 vehicles in the ES had renters in them. There were 6 sedans and a Ford Edge, so I went over and chatted with the asst. station manager while waiting for new cars. He said that they had 70 rentals in the previous half hour, and were getting cars out as fast as they could.

The indiscriminate "get something on the ES" approach was beneficial to me, as a porter brought out a brand new (5 miles) 2012 Ford Edge 2LTD, fully loaded. I was next to the trunk before the porter could even shut off the vehicle!
Old May 18, 2012, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bump, any recent rentals?
Old May 20, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there about a month ago. Lots of mid-size and smaller standard SUVs on the EA with the usual suspects of Impalas and minivans. I only had about 25 miles of driving but in an area where taxis were not going to be plentiful, so I took a Hyundai Santa Fe to try it out.
Old May 20, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ok, decent size EA and ES - the rental facility is quite nice.

ES had 1 Avalon (which I took), a few Passats, bunch of Chevy Malibu's, few minivans, bunch of Nissan Altima's, and that was it.
Old May 20, 2012, 2:41 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Had to walk past all the SUVs and minivans to find it, but I did manage to get a red Impala LTZ with 12K miles at BNA yesterday on the EA.

With all the trunk hoods open, it's tough to scan what's available, but it was the usual selection on the EA: Impala LT, Malibu LTZ, Altima 2.5S, Camry, and the SUVs and minivans. The attendant said there was a Taurus and a Chrysler 300, but I didn't see them - maybe they were on the ES Aisle.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I was there on Monday at 5pm, the ES/EA were very thin and vehicles were being parked rather indiscriminately. A couple of minivans, 3 Journeys, a Santa Fe, an Impala, another sedan I didn't recognize with the trunk up (maybe a Malibu?), what looked to be a 300, and what I took which was a MKX parked on the EA side.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
When I was there on Monday at 5pm, the ES/EA were very thin and vehicles were being parked rather indiscriminately. A couple of minivans, 3 Journeys, a Santa Fe, an Impala, another sedan I didn't recognize with the trunk up (maybe a Malibu?), what looked to be a 300, and what I took which was a MKX parked on the EA side.
I usually arrive on Sundays and the lot is packed with choices. All of us have taken the picks of the litter by then.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:24 pm

My last two rentals in June were a Challenger with 8k and a Maxima with 10K.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:28 pm

I'm going to be renting on a Friday morning for the weekend. It sounds like finding a minivan on the ES/EA is pretty good, right? I'm actually hoping for one, since we want the cargo space.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:41 am

Busy there Monday morning around 7:30. Quite a few minivans, hyundais (genesis maybe?), and avalons in ES. Spotted and took a 2013 Explorer Limited with 550 miles on it. Leather, XM, and dual moonroof. Nicest and newest car I've ever gotten.

New to ES, so looking forward to this game!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:17 pm

Nice 2013 Altima (39mpg H) and a Chrysler 300 (30mpg H). Both got great gas mileage for their respective sizes.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for visiting Nashville. Here is a hint for those renting a car there that may have mobility issues or a lot of luggage. You do not have to walk the whole way. On the way to the facility, if you cross the street into the 1st level of the garage at the limo area, there is a shuttle cart to run people to the facility and back. Just wait a minute or two and you can catch a ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.