FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at BNA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/1021062-cars-bna.html)

dstan Nov 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Cars at BNA

N.B.: Nov 2011 – The location information below is outdated, following the opening of the new BNA car rental facility.

Just did my first rental at BNA yesterday:

• Proceed from Arrivals down the escalators two levels to the car rental counters, which are inside the airport.

• There is no Emerald/Executive Aisle (reservation says Emerald Booth), so EC members can make a hard right off the escalator and out the door to the right of the counters and out to the parking lot. The Emerald Booth is just to your left.

• At the Booth, the attendant will have your reservation and will tell you what cars are available. Make your choice, take your keys, and you're off.

I had a Midsize reservation as an Emerald Executive (don't know if it made a difference - I forgot to book Fullsize and couldn't modify it later due to capacity restrictions on the coupon I used :() and was offered:

Pontiac G6 (2010)
Chevy Impala ('regular', presmuably an LS)
Dodge Avenger

I also saw a Chevy Malibu parked in the lot, and will try to see what else is there when we return on Sunday.

I took the G6 - it was the regular 2.4L sedan, in fine shape, with 6K miles, XM, and Onstar (? at least the button is there); got 29 mpg highway in hilly terrain.

P.S.: I noticed there are no ride reports on the base model G6, even though I rent it frequently - I'm not a car buff, but would be happy to start one if people think it'd be worthwhile.

drzoidberg Nov 26, 2009 7:37 pm

You don't have to be a car buff to post a ride report! The more reviews and different viewpoints the better.

BNA added to main index. :)

ElmhurstNick Nov 28, 2009 6:15 am

One never gets an upgrade at BNA, at least during the week. It is the land of Impalas, even though they always have a bunch of larger vehicles hidden out towards the exit area (a good two block walk from the counter, out of site, and not sorted by car class.) It's one of those airports where I'll occasionally rent from Budget instead if I can get a good SUV rate.

dstan Nov 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Had time to check out what else was in the first aisle of cars across from the Emerald Booth when we returned at BNA today:

Pontiac G6 (1, not counting the one we returned)
Chevrolet Impala (2-3)
Chevrolet Malibu LT (2-3)
Dodge Avenger SXT (1-2)
Dodge Charger SXT (3)
Chrysler Sebring (1)
Nissan Maxima (1)
Chrysler 300 Touring (1)

LGA Nov 30, 2009 8:18 am

I didn't take much note of what other cars were there Thursday morning, but I was content with my Camry.

pntrbob Dec 2, 2009 8:20 am

BNA Car Upgrades

Funny, I arrived at BNA on Tuesday, Nov 17th at around 5:30 PM. Went down and out to the Emerald Booth. They offered an Impala, Chevy HHR, Hyundai Sonata, and the Malibu. Once I mentioned I was Executive, she also had a Volvo S60. Took the Volvo, had an enjoyable week with it. :cool:

dstan Dec 2, 2009 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by pntrbob (Post 12911710)
Funny, I arrived at BNA on Tuesday, Nov 17th at around 5:30 PM. Went down and out to the Emerald Booth. They offered an Impala, Chevy HHR, Hyundai Sonata, and the Malibu. Once I mentioned I was Executive, she also had a Volvo S60. Took the Volvo, had an enjoyable week with it. :cool:

:sigh: I knew I should have done that!

MilesMonster Apr 5, 2010 7:24 pm

I've been in BNA about a dozen times in the past year. Here's my history of rentals since we switched to National in Sept (as memory permits):

Today:
Dodge Charger (alternatives: Impala, Town&Country, SantaFe)

Last week:
Chrysler 300 Touring (alternatives: Impala, Malibu, Town&Country)

Other visits:
Chevy Impala (multiple times - sigh)
Chevy Malibu (Nov 09)
Ford Edge ^ (Jan 10)
Dodge Avenger :td: (Jan 10)

In the EA I have regularly seen:

Chevy Impalas O'Plenty
Ford Fusion
Chrysler Town & Country
Mercury Grand Marquis
Chevy Malibu
Toyota Camry
Pontiac G6
Chrysler Sebring

Generally nothing special. As ElmhurstNick eluded, the "back end" of the lot as you exit has some of the nicer cars. I've seen the same Volvo C70 (hardtop conv) parked in pretty much the same spot since March. The bigger SUVs (Tahoes) are back that way.

I've had some poor timing where the person ahead of me got a Nissan 370Z or a Chevy Tahoe. I can't believe they'd pass an Impala. :rolleyes:

MilesMonster Apr 9, 2010 4:03 pm

Just wanted to add that upon returning my Charger last night, I noticed (2) new 2011 Hyundai Sonatas parked the Emerald Aisle.

ElmhurstNick May 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Tonight with a fullsize rental, the options they gave me as an EE were: Camry, Sonata, some kind of SUV I'd never heard of, Avenger, Lucerne - and at that point I stopped him and took the Lucerne. Turned out to be a CXL with leather and functioning XM radio.

MilesMonster Jun 11, 2010 3:10 pm

More updates from BNA...

I'm becoming a regular at BNA this year, but I'll add my recent rentals since May (all paid ICAR class):

2010 Lincoln MKZ
2010 Cadillac SRX
2010 Ford Taurus Limited
2010 Cadillac SRX (same exact unit from the month before)

BNA definitely has a nicer fleet than other National locations, and they're pretty generous with what they offer (YMMV).

dstan Nov 26, 2010 10:28 am

BNA Update

Just rented at BNA yesterday as an Exec with a Fullsize reservation (at Standard rate) and was offered:

Dodge Avenger
Ford Fusion
Chevy Impala
Chevy Malibu
Kia Sorento
Jeep (not sure what model)

Not having driven one yet, I took the Ford Fusion with 10 miles (that's right, not 10K :)) on the odometer and satellite radio and will post a report later. Would love to see a report on the Avenger sometime, too!

Edited to add: As the Fusion is an SCAR, my rental was automatically adjusted to the ICAR rate at checkout. ^

Edited to add: Ride report now posted! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...de-report.html

MilesMonster Dec 5, 2010 5:20 pm

Pickup on 11/7: 2011 Chevy Malibu (busy day at BNA; agent said they'd rent nearly 1,000 cars)
Pickup on 11/29: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (also offered Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala)
Pickup on 12/5 (today): 2011 Ford Taurus Limited (also offered Grand Cherokee, Jeep Compass, Dodge Avenger, Chevy Impala)

...all booked at ICAR rate.

At the times of my last two visits it appears they've picked up a handful of Grand Cherokees. I was informed today that they'd be receiving a bunch of new cars on Mon 12/13, but I didn't press for details.

gabrielsreign Feb 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Any updates?

are there any updates. Has anyone seen any good luxury cars here?

ElmhurstNick Mar 1, 2011 12:02 am

Originally Posted by gabrielsreign (Post 15942215)
are there any updates. Has anyone seen any good luxury cars here?

Not really - the Lucerne CXL I mentioned upthread is the nicest sedan I've ever seen there.