Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
will airline match a hotel's status?

Has anyone ever heard of an airline matching a hotel's elite status? I have seen it the other way around, from an Airline to a hotel. I have no status on any airline, but do have elite with several hotel chains.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:56 am

Programs: CO Plat., Marriott Platinum, Starwood Plat., Delta Gold
Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler
Has anyone ever heard of an airline matching a hotel's elite status? I have seen it the other way around, from an Airline to a hotel. I have no status on any airline, but do have elite with several hotel chains.
I have only seen it when there is a promo running and many people get comped automatically (...there were a lot of angry Starwood Plats. a few months back....can't remember exactly when, but a skillful search should access this thread).
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Arrow

Does anybody have any experiences with status matching on Finnair?
Also, I am wondering what about Turkish Airlines? Has anybody succeeded with that company? I would like to get at least mid-level tier on that, so I could sometimes use the lounges on domestic flights at least...
Old Feb 18, 2007, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
*Alliance and/or Skyteam US partner willing to match BAEC Euro-Gold?

I think I will be re-locating to the US (New York) in the next 6 months or so. I don't know yet how much travel I'll be doing in my new job, but it's likely to be mostly US domestic - plus trips home to Canada. Any advice on which US airlines to approach for a status match to BAEC Gold, especially while I'm still barely hanging onto that status by my fingertips? Currently, I collect Aeroplan miles (will lose Elite status at the end of this month), Air France miles (Silver status with Flying Blue, almost exclusively through Amex spend) and BA miles (3 years or so as Gold, plus one as Silver). Currently, I don't have a lot of activity in my BA account (but there are a few flights in the last month or so, and likely to be several more in April-June). Suggestions on timing, who to approach, etc? I was considering approaching BMI, since I've heard they readily comp BAEC Silver and Gold to equivalent *Alliance status, but would it make more sense to go with a US carrier?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Kate_Canuck
I think I will be re-locating to the US (New York) in the next 6 months or so. I don't know yet how much travel I'll be doing in my new job, but it's likely to be mostly US domestic - plus trips home to Canada. Any advice on which US airlines to approach for a status match to BAEC Gold, especially while I'm still barely hanging onto that status by my fingertips? Currently, I collect Aeroplan miles (will lose Elite status at the end of this month), Air France miles (Silver status with Flying Blue, almost exclusively through Amex spend) and BA miles (3 years or so as Gold, plus one as Silver). Currently, I don't have a lot of activity in my BA account (but there are a few flights in the last month or so, and likely to be several more in April-June). Suggestions on timing, who to approach, etc? I was considering approaching BMI, since I've heard they readily comp BAEC Silver and Gold to equivalent *Alliance status, but would it make more sense to go with a US carrier?
UA might be a good first step to comp you to *G, then you can work on other carriers....
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
UA might be a good first step to comp you to *G, then you can work on other carriers....
But I've noticed that US carriers don't seem to include lounge access for domestic flights as part of the benefit package they give their elite customers, whereas BMI Diamond does seem to give their elites lounge access with BMI-operated lounges plus *Alliance members (e.g. UA) have to give BMI elites access to UA-operated lounges for free. So, wouldn't it make more sense to go with BMI? Or am I misunderstanding something? I should add that I'm actually looking for comp'd status as a stopgap for a year. I'm going to continue using my Aeroplan number for *Alliance flights and hope to reach Elite again in 2007.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 1:03 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
But I've noticed that US carriers don't seem to include lounge access for domestic flights as part of the benefit package they give their elite customers, whereas BMI Diamond does seem to give their elites lounge access with BMI-operated lounges plus *Alliance members (e.g. UA) have to give BMI elites access to UA-operated lounges for free. So, wouldn't it make more sense to go with BMI? Or am I misunderstanding something? I should add that I'm actually looking for comp'd status as a stopgap for a year. I'm going to continue using my Aeroplan number for *Alliance flights and hope to reach Elite again in 2007.
Correct, but I would go for both, at least to have the option, as UA is the fastest to obtain, then you can go for the BD card....I wish I could go for a BD comp, but let me know how you do - I don't know if just a UK address would be okay, would it??
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Correct, but I would go for both, at least to have the option, as UA is the fastest to obtain, then you can go for the BD card....I wish I could go for a BD comp, but let me know how you do - I don't know if just a UK address would be okay, would it??
You don't need to have a UK address anymore.Any address would do.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by 925
I never got an answer from anyone here, so I decided to wait until January 1 to request the match. Sorry I don't know. Please post if you find out!
Whats the fax number for US? I dont want to use the old one, there should be a number somewhere in Tempe, I assume?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, some interesting points raised above. So you could technically (not that I would ever do this) status match from UA to a European Star carrier to receive *G, which would get you lounge access domestically? Interesting.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Ah, some interesting points raised above. So you could technically (not that I would ever do this) status match from UA to a European Star carrier to receive *G, which would get you lounge access domestically? Interesting.
She has a BAEC gold - comp to UA, if she is flying domestically...she would at least have status on a US airline, as UA is the easiest and fastest to obtain, but no RCC lounge access .

Then she can work on other status matches....including BMI (from BAEC Gold!) - that would give her RCC lounge access...

Kate - you can check this thread out for reference to a BD Comp: http://flyertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622924 See Posts 2-4.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Feb 20, 2007 at 9:11 pm
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:01 am

Programs: If I donīt have it, I donīt need it!
Best to comp BAEC Gold is BD, UA is easy too, but no lounge access on US domestic. CO will do a status match on BAEC Gold, but only to GoldElite, which means no lounge access too (on Skyteam you nee ElitePlus - plat. status). AF and KL will not match your status.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates on AA status matches?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Any updates on AA status matches?
It is all about the chAAllenge
Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:30 pm

Does US Airways still match up to top tier Chairman? I've heard they are now only match up to Plat status.

Too bad that AA does not match anymore, what about the rest of Oneworld -any that match the status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.