21,000 onepass for checking account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21,000 onepass for checking account

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
the extra 2500 miles could be the bonus for additional debit cardholders on your account.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:02 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Chase Extends 21,000 Continental Checking offer

One of my blog readers just sent me a note that this promo has been extended until 9/30/09. This link confirms the extension.

My results were fine this year with a transfer from a Citi checking account of $11 per month to my Chase account and I used the $25 debit card and got all my miles. Some reported to me that it took the $65 to get their bonus.

Mods may want to consider combining this thread with existing one, but I felt the new opportunity was worth a mention.

Don't forget to refresh the coupon before printing

Continental miles do not expire and Chase offers a promo every year
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
thanks for the post,
hopefully someone will try and do this promotion again this year, i tried opening two accounts in 2008 under this promo, but was denied due to a limit of 1 promotion account per year. maybe someone will be successful and i will try again, i am 2,000 miles away from a local branch, but will be heading towards one in 3 weeks
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:08 pm

Has anyone tried funding the checking account with a credit card? I did an online chat with one of the live help persons a few months ago and he said you can do that. I assume it would count as a purchase.not a cash advance, but that needs to be be verified by somebody.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:23 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Does this work for opening an account online or do you have to go into a branch in person?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:16 am

Friend signed up on July 2nd (outside original promo). I signed up June 30. Will post results.

IMPORTANT that you
1)have them link your onepass acct number at signup
2) get the two paper receipts; one for "10k onepass miles for signup" and second "11konepass miles for first card use"

According to most reports, you must sign up in person. Their online system now has a place to enter 'promo codes,' but this promo code does not appear to work. Some people reported success using a "chat now" feature and getting a CSR to fix the promo code. Apparently this is hit or miss, and can take 2+ hrs (only recommended if you are far from a chase branch).
We couldn't find the 'chat now,' either it is gone or doesn't show up, afterhours.

I believe c card funding is mentioned in the looong post on this offer?

Last edited by fugacity; Jul 8, 2009 at 11:29 am
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by ingy
One of my blog readers just sent me a note that this promo has been extended until 9/30/09. This link confirms the extension.

My results were fine this year with a transfer from a Citi checking account of $11 per month to my Chase account
Was this a direct deposit you set up? Or did you manually make the $11 deposit monthly?

TIA, Matt
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:55 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by thebat
Was this a direct deposit you set up? Or did you manually make the $11 deposit monthly?

TIA, Matt
I did an online transfer from my Citi checking to my Chase new chceking. Idid it as a reoccuring transfer and "pushed" the money from Citi. They send the $11 to Chase each month as a reoccuring transfer.

I hope that helps
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
I did an online transfer from my Citi checking to my Chase new chceking. Idid it as a reoccuring transfer and "pushed" the money from Citi. They send the $11 to Chase each month as a reoccuring transfer.

I hope that helps
Yes it does. That's great info.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
anyone try direct deposit with paypal? thanks
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Note the terms and conditions - to qualify for the 10K bonus you must initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, social security or other government benefits.

Also, no Chase anywhere close to me unfortunately.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by fti
Note the terms and conditions - to qualify for the 10K bonus you must initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, social security or other government benefits.
Last year, I was able to get the bonus using PayPal.

Anyone try it yet this year??
Old Jul 11, 2009, 6:58 pm

I hope that helps
I signed up for a Citi EZ checking account with the AA promotion and need to make 2 bill payments per month for it. Any chance this transfer counted as a bill payment for you?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 9:32 am

I just opened the 25,000 offer yesterday. From what I read, if you already have a chase credit card then they just do a soft pull on your credit. I asked if I could fund with credit card but they said it would be a cash advance, not purchase. Anyways this is stilll a good offer one can do every year ! Probably the only "churnable" offer by Chase, no?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Last year, I was able to get the bonus using PayPal.

Anyone try it yet this year??
(bump)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.