Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by ssnz
I don't think you can do this on UA. I can't find a way to do it (i'm only base level though trying to use up old points).

I had a similar situation with CO when I matched as I didn't have a card. I explained this on an email and like you sent a statement indicating my status. They did the match within 24 hours of the email.

I'd just email back and explain - pretty sure you won't have any issues.
I wish this were the case.

I just held with the OnePass service center for 30 minutes, finally got ahold of someone and was told there was no way to do the status match without a copy of the card. I told them there was no way to print a copy from the website, and that I may not receive the card from UA for a month or longer.

The rep told me again that she couldn't do anything without a copy of the card. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she said she was transferring me, then hung up on me.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Tulane41
...and was told there was no way to do the status match without a copy of the card.
Just as a follow up, called back (30 minutes on hold) and got bumped up to a supervisor this time. He explained again that they need the card to status match, no exceptions. I nicely asked, if all the information necessary is contained on the printed statement, what information do they need from the card?

He responded that it was just policy. My favorite answer.

I suppose they do it for an additional layer of confirmation, but if someone would spend long enough in Photoshop doctoring their mileage statement, then I don't see why they couldn't do the same with the card.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Just as a follow up, called back (30 minutes on hold) and got bumped up to a supervisor this time. He explained again that they need the card to status match, no exceptions. I nicely asked, if all the information necessary is contained on the printed statement, what information do they need from the card?

He responded that it was just policy. My favorite answer.

I suppose they do it for an additional layer of confirmation, but if someone would spend long enough in Photoshop doctoring their mileage statement, then I don't see why they couldn't do the same with the card.
I agree..... very strange. Guess I must have just gotten lucky when I applied.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by brahms77
* QFF
* LANPASS

both of these programs do softlanding.

I am still waiting for the response from LANPASS on my status match... it's been about 10 days now since I first sent the email with my 23 months of UA 1K activity.
Did you ever hear back from LAN?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
What is UA's cutoff date for the additional year of status. If you do so now, it expires in 2010. Is there a date one can match so it would expire in 2011?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:46 pm

but if someone would spend long enough in Photoshop doctoring their mileage statement, then I don't see why they couldn't do the same with the card.
It would take about 5 minutes in Microsoft Paint, let alone a program that actually costs money.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mbmiles88
Did you ever hear back from LAN?
Not me
Old Jan 17, 2009, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
It would take about 5 minutes in Microsoft Paint, let alone a program that actually costs money.
Not with some exercise... I guess 3 minutes are enough including opening the window
Old Jan 17, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Anyone know a specific MAIL address for Delta status match?

edit-

After no reply here, I emailed Delta.
Turns out there is no special address via USPS,
just the general one given on their website.
FYI, the text of their answer:

Dear MrHalliday,

Thank you for contacting us through delta.com. We are sorry for the
delay in responding to your message.

We understand that because of your travel on another airline, you have
achieved a status which is comparable to one of our Medallion levels. We
appreciate your interest in becoming a part of our SkyMiles Medallion
membership.

While we reserve the right of granting Platinum Medallion status only to
those members who achieve the status within our program guidelines, we
will consider a one time offer of Silver or Gold Medallion levels to
members who meet the requirements of other airline programs. If you are
interested in participating and to determine if you meet the criteria
for this one time offer, additional information is needed. Please submit
a legible photocopy of your Elite card showing the current status held
at this time in the airline program you use most frequently. Current
Delta SkyMiles Medallion members are not eligible to participate.

If you are already a SkyMiles member please provide your account number.
If not, please include your address and phone number.

Delta Air Lines, Dept. 654
SkyMiles Service Center
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA. 30320-2532

If you are sending your request via courier delivery,
please use the following address:

Delta SkyMiles Service Center
Department 654
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Atlanta, GA 30320

Fax - 404-773-1945 - General members

Sincerely,
Online Customer Support Desk

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jan 22, 2009 at 5:03 am
Old Jan 17, 2009, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Not with some exercise... I guess 3 minutes are enough including opening the window
5 minute guess included turning on the machine
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flying chef
Would it be best to wait until March 1...I'm thinking if I get a match, it would last 'til Feb 2010. Correct?
You could match now and have it be good through FEB 2010
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Hope this is helpful, straight from the horses mouth

Thank you for your interest in our Elite Status Match program.

To be considered for either Premier or Premier Executive status through our Elite Status Match promotion, please forward your name, address, Mileage Plus account number, e-mail address and a copy of your most recent summary from your airline here. You may fax this information to 605-341-6140, Attn: Elite Status Match, or you may write to:

Mileage Plus Service Center
Attn: Elite Status Match
PO Box 6121
Rapid City SD 57709-6121

If your status match is approved, we will upgrade you to either Premier or Premier Executive status for 90 days from the date of approval. To remain a Premier member, you will need to fly 7,500 paid flight miles or 10 segments on qualifying United flights* within that 90 day timeframe. To remain a Premier Executive member, you will need to fly 15,000 paid flight miles or 20 flight segments on qualifying flights* within that 90-day timeframe.

*Qualifying flights: Purchased flights with a UA flight number that are operated by true United or United Express . United -marketed codeshare flights operated by another carrier do not qualify.

Once you meet the threshold for your status match, we will send you the appropriate membership kit and you will remain a Premier or Premier Executive member through January 31, 2010. If you do not meet the threshold, you will return to your original level of membership.

Please allow 5-7 business days for processing after receipt of your request.

Well, I just sent my request off to try and match my AA status. Here goes nothing! Thanks for all the info.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:03 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Dear experts,

I just tried to fax documents to NW to match my status but the fax number I got from the other post is somehow in error. +1-281-2547567

Does anyone have a correct number?

Thanks and rgds,
Kiam
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:07 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by gleff
218-254-7567 ....
I just tried to fax this number today several times but my fax would not go through. I heard the fax signal but the sending cannot be completed. I tried faxing to other number (non-NW), and the fax machine works ok.

Is this number still correct?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by kiam
I just tried to fax this number today several times but my fax would not go through. I heard the fax signal but the sending cannot be completed. I tried faxing to other number (non-NW), and the fax machine works ok.

Is this number still correct?
As of last week, yes it's correct. I FAXed a request to this number and it went through fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.