17,500 onepass miles w/Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17,500 onepass miles w/Chase

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:08 pm
Suspended

in my experience with various airlines, elite status has nothing to do with partner mileage posting.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 12:52 pm
Suspended

just enrolled. i will report back when each of the miles posts.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Miles posted in 7 days.

My husband and I both enrolled. I received my 10,000 CO miles in exactly a week. His have not been posted yet--10 days out. Neither of us have received the additional miles for purchasing a bank card yet.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Follow up on my experience with this. I said kudos to Chase for completing the bonus mile posting so efficiently and then my spouse's miles were deposited in an account that they created in error instead of the account that he gave them to credit them to. So we had to call Continental and get them to combine the two accounts and put all his miles into one. Funny the account that they created had the name as Mr and his last name only and not his first name. Mr Smith. Hard to believe. Still happy though. jUst thought I'd mention it in case someone was wondering why their points don't post as fast as expected.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Question Multiple Accounts

Does anyone know if you can open multiple checking accounts and take advantage of multiple bonuses? I don't see any disclaimer language preventing this on my printout.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Read Post #1

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Does anyone know if you can open multiple checking accounts and take advantage of multiple bonuses? I don't see any disclaimer language preventing this on my printout.
Originally Posted by yuel
Terms and Conditions

1Offer valid July 27 through December 31, 2007... Limit one personal checking account-related award/premium per customer, per calendar year. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. ...
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Does a transfer from another account count as a transfer? Also, in terms of the limit on these per calendar year, does that apply just to the checking account? I would like to do both this and the Chase Continental Mastercard promotion. Has anyone had success doing both?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I did the credit card promo a couple of months ago and signed up for the checking promo today. No issues according to the manager at the chase branch i went to in NYC!
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Does anyone know if Chase does a hard credit pull for this account? Many banks do (same as for a credit card) but I don't want a new pull on my credit report right now.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:00 pm

We haven't thought about the checking account, but we had the credit card for a while, and it was great for racking up miles, but the annual fee was horrible, and we had to be on both Continental and Chase to get our rewards, ie, the discount tickets, companion pass, and presidental club passes that they said they would give upon payment of the first annual fee. Needless to say we received our "rewards" a year later. However, once we started having children and not flying as much, we canceled the card in favor of one that will rack up money for a college education and had no annual fee.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA, DL
I work at Chase and in regards to the question regarding a credit pull - I'm almost positive that Chase doesn't pull a credit check, what we do check is to see if your name appears on a database of people that write insufficient funds checks.

I'm not exactly sure how the miles post, but from what I've heard I THINK it works like this:

When you open up an account, the banker enters the promotion code and your OnePass number... then someone in the back office reviews these accounts, and once they've met the requirements to receive the bonus miles (ie: first bank card purchase, first direct deposit, etc)... they forward the information to CO so they can post miles. Of course Chase or CO can take a while to send the info/post miles since they do it in batches and not a individual basis. So, it does depend how fast both parties work and for you chem geeks, its like the rate determining step.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 5:39 pm

Programs: CO PLT,DL Plat (status match),BD Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
if you tell them not to then they shouldnt otherwise they will give you overdraft protection which will pull credit
Old Nov 19, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: CO PLT,DL Plat (status match),BD Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
I enrolled and got all miles posted within 2 weeks. Remember this expires end of year! And u need DD 2 make the account free!
Old Nov 23, 2007, 5:30 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Black Friday CHASE add'l offer

My husband and I both applied for the 17,500 CO checking promo today.
It was painless!

1. Take in the printed form from either Continental or FT (make sure to print off two different offers if you are opening two accounts)

2. $100 (cash or check from another source other than CHASE) deposit required to open account.

3. One Pass#'s. (we opened 2 accounts)

We also signed up for three debit cards (the limit) giving us an extra 2,500 per card, which is a great bonus as well.
4. Our branch had a "Black Friday $100 promotion" in addition to the CO offer for opening a checking account.

We left there feeling good~ Wouldn't hurt to ask your local branch for the $100 offer if you act quickly.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:57 pm

When I went into the bank I was told that I had to bring the person into the bank in order to ad them as a co-signer. They would need to provide two forms of ID and their SSN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.