Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

17,500 onepass miles w/Chase

17,500 onepass miles w/Chase

Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by yuel
i got 10,000 milea awhile back, now i just got 5,000 of the remaining 7,500 miles i was suppose to get, has anyone receive their full 17,500 miles yet
No...I also got the 10k awhile back and the 5k more recently. I am imagining the rest should post in the next few weeks. Have you requested any additional cards?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by jimcoddington
I wonder if you really have to use the card to receive the 2,500 bonus miles. Does anyone know for sure?
Since the 2,500 miles post seperately (as alluded to in the post above), I'd imagine you have to use the card to receive them.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 3:38 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by imasosec
Does Anyone Know if you can open this up online or through the mail to receive the bonus miles?
Please see post #2:
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
You need to bring the printout into your local Chase branch office to make this work...
Or the wordings from the offer page:
Print ...the bonus miles certificate and take it to your local Chase branch by December 31, 2007.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:49 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Since the 2,500 miles post seperately (as alluded to in the post above), I'd imagine you have to use the card to receive them.
But you would only have to use the card once, right?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:59 pm

Pay Pal Direct Debit?

Excuse my ignorance but how do I set up direct debit with Pay Pal? How much would I need to debit each month?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:43 pm

Last edited by tmcneill; Aug 18, 2012 at 12:46 pm
Old Oct 14, 2007, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by lin821
. . .Plus no free checks . . . .
Has anyone determined if you can order the checks outside of Chase ?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by FC_Dave
Has anyone determined if you can order the checks outside of Chase ?
Yes. No less than the Branch Manager handled my account opening today, and I told him that I would be getting custom checks thru AmEx publishing. No hard sell, no nothing..."Ok, Mike, that's fine."
Old Oct 17, 2007, 8:50 pm

Has anyone gotten ALL 17.500 miles yet? Cheers!
Old Oct 19, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Miles Post

Just a note to say that the 10,000 miles posted within a week of opening the account and the 5,000 a week later. I have not yet used the card nor has direct deposit kicked in yet. Kudos to Chase for having the points posting work so well. I did call in today and asked for an additonal card for another 2,500 points. The first person I spoke with was confused about the second card on an account being free and giving miles. I called back and got someone who was in the know. My spouse has done the same and we'll be flying somewhere soon!
And on the checks...they send you 50 checks for free and if you use the free billpay they give you $10 (ask at signup for that promo to be added to your account) and you'll not use many checks anyway. By the way the day I went in to sign up they had a balloon promo where you popped a balloon and got an additional dollar amount added to your new account for free...I got $5...wheee! I like having a "personal banker"'s phone number too.

Happy banking,
Frenchie Flyer
Old Oct 23, 2007, 9:26 pm

Does any ACH push to the Chase account count for your monthly direct deposit? Instead of Paypal I was thinking of just pushing a token amount from my existing checking account.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Does any ACH push to the Chase account count for your monthly direct deposit?...
According to my experiences, yes.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
All these stories of Chase miles posting in a week sure are nice to read....I'll be at 2 weeks on Wednesday, and I already got the Preferred card in the mail and have not seen the 10k post, much less the 5k. I guess partner miles get posted in order of status....I'm non-elite, so I have to wait the entire 6-8 weeks.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:46 pm

Elite status is no issue!

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
All these stories of Chase miles posting in a week sure are nice to read....I'll be at 2 weeks on Wednesday, and I already got the Preferred card in the mail and have not seen the 10k post, much less the 5k. I guess partner miles get posted in order of status....I'm non-elite, so I have to wait the entire 6-8 weeks.
Even though I don't know the scheduling logistic of how banks process and post the bonus miles, I do know it has nothing do with airline status. I don't have status with AA, but I had bonus miles from Citi creditcards posted within 7-10 days, even before the 1st statement cycle closed, while some AA status holders reporting 1-2 months.

I know I am talking about different banks (Chase vs. Citi) and different airlines (CO/UA vs. AA). Not sure if that makes any difference. Speaking for myself, for promotions on credit card products, Chase usually took longer to post the bonus miles. As for banking products (checking/savings accounts), Chase is still the winner or should I say "loser" since they still take longer in comparison to Citi. Some FTers had different experiences though (go and find the 10K AA promo for Citi Checking account for your reading pleasure ).

Still, I would say 1-2 weeks posting timeframe is simply too high an expectation. Generally speaking, the billing cycle triggers the miles or bonus calculation mechanisms. The miles are "generated" when statements close, then miles reported/transferred to FFP accounts. I've been seeing the sign-up bonuses posted along with either the 1st or 2nd FULL billing cycle. Hence, 6-8 weeks are very reasonable.

I don't collect CO miles so I take upon Chase's offers for UA miles. I am not sure if that's plain bad luck or what, in the last couple of years, when I opened Chase checking accounts for UA miles, my bonuses "almost" always didn't post. I had to "chase" the Chase associates, sometimes the branch managers, after the promised timeframe. Then they would look into it and re-start the clock. For me, 4-6 months were normal to really have my UA bonuses completely posted (checking account promo).

Now you have my UA horror stories for this Holloween. Hopefully, Chase/CO miles won't be as aweful. Who knows, maybe Chase is doing better with CO.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's hope, and thanks for the info, but I doubt it. CO's partner mileage deal with Barnes & Noble (which I use addictively) says 6-8 weeks, and I just waited 9 (bad) but got too many miles (great). I was only half-joking about the status thing, but come on now...some people in 7 days, other people 6 months? I thought the expression was "slip thru the cracks", not "walk into the crack and have cocktails".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.