Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:21 pm
xp0

Is there a current list that lists what chains will match to other chains top tier status?

As in ... I have HHonor Diamond status and the following XXX chains will match me top tier status

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:13 pm

Match from SPG Platinum to PC Platinum...
Anyone have the email or phone for PC Status Match?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:03 pm

Does anyone know of any rewards programs that will currently match Starwood (SPG) Platinum level?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:12 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Amarante
Match from SPG Platinum to PC Platinum...
Anyone have the email or phone for PC Status Match?
Bragging aside, I did not even have to ask for a match ... just checked my email account one morning and there was one from PC stating:
Welcome to the top.
Congratulations on achieving Platinum Elite status.*
Dear Kalboz,
You are now among a select group of our most valued members. We are truly grateful to be your hotel program of choice, and genuinely appreciate the trust you place in us. As a Platinum Elite member, you are entitled to exclusive benefits reserved for our very best customers – benefits that make every stay even more rewarding. Your new Platinum Elite membership materials will arrive by mail, so be sure your address on file is correct. Please take a moment to preview your new Platinum Elite benefits now. We look forward to helping you enjoy the exclusive benefits of Platinum Elite status!
But just as in Accor program, hardly any benefits ... but thanks PC anyways I am not complaining
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Is it possible to status match from HH Gold to SPG Gold?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Is it possible to status match from HH Gold to SPG Gold?
I asked the same question to spg and there response was that all i can do is a status challenge, with no benefits during the challenge. I emailed 3 different people at starwood and all gave the same answer
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:11 pm

I think I may be missing some good opportunities with this status match stuff. I've never thought about it before, but is there any downside to doing it?

For examples, Im currently Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond. However I have a couple stays coming up at hotels that I have no status with. Intercon and Sheraton.

Both stays are at least 2 weeks in length, should I be attempting to status match for these?

I don't think I'm grasping the concept fully, there has to be some trade off right?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by utl567
I think I may be missing some good opportunities with this status match stuff. I've never thought about it before, but is there any downside to doing it?

For examples, Im currently Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond. However I have a couple stays coming up at hotels that I have no status with. Intercon and Sheraton.

Both stays are at least 2 weeks in length, should I be attempting to status match for these?

I don't think I'm grasping the concept fully, there has to be some trade off right?
I think you'd have no problem matching to IHG PL.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
I think you'd have no problem matching to IHG PL.
Appreciate the response. Will that help when staying at an Intercon?

The more I try and make sense of it, it seems likes its almost two separate programs between the PC and the Ambassador benefits.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

you can't status match to spg but there is a challenge where you have to complete 18 nights within 90 days & they upgrade you to plat status....
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Appreciate the response. Will that help when staying at an Intercon?
You'll get a room UG, newspaper in the morning, a fruit plate upon arrival and some water. You might get free internet as well. Late checkout.

The more I try and make sense of it, it seems likes its almost two separate programs between the PC and the Ambassador benefits.
Not really. They say AMB get more privileges in IC but I'm not sure about that.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:55 pm

Platinum challenge

All - thanks for the tips here, on tour now and just got following email. Will complete challenge in next 8 weeks, nice to have status to start. After 3 weeks, still waiting for a response from UAL on Gold match even with 3 calls. Back to AA I guess as the flight to Beijing on Chicago was as uninspired as ever and the new UA business cabin is still well short of global standards.

Dear :

Warmly greeting from the courtyard by Marriott Beijing Northeast!

Sorry to bother you, As you are our Value Platinum Member of Marriott Rewards, Do not know whether we can have your arrival time to our hotel ,so that we prepare all the things before you arrival.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by xp0
Is there a current list that lists what chains will match to other chains top tier status?.........
www.statusmatcher.com
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
When requesting a Marriott status match, do they call the other hotel program to confirm your status?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by texasex95
When requesting a Marriott status match, do they call the other hotel program to confirm your status?
Unless it's a challenge, they will require some sort of proof of status. I asked for a match and was only given a challenge with no proof of current status required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.