Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by umct
I sent an email to [email protected] with a scan of the front and back of my Hilton Honors Diamond card and a screen capture of my Hilton stay history. An hour later I received a reply that SPG had upgraded my SPG Gold to SPG Platinum through 2011.
The only thing that could make me happier is if Planet Hollywood in Vegas and the Resort at Singer Island in FL were still Starwood properties.
welcome to ft umct....congratulations on becoming plat....
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Status Match to Marriott Platinum

Could someone help me with a contact at Marriott platinum assist. I am a Hyatt diamond trying to get a status match with Marriott platinum. But i can't seem to find a Platinum fax # or email address on the Marriott website. Please help!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by umct
I sent an email to [email protected] with a scan of the front and back of my Hilton Honors Diamond card and a screen capture of my Hilton stay history. An hour later I received a reply that SPG had upgraded my SPG Gold to SPG Platinum through 2011.
The only thing that could make me happier is if Planet Hollywood in Vegas and the Resort at Singer Island in FL were still Starwood properties.
Nice going - i'm trying the same thing currently and will do the Hyatt GP Diamond card scan now. But, I hated the PH in Vegas....
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:50 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by lululee
Could someone help me with a contact at Marriott platinum assist. I am a Hyatt diamond trying to get a status match with Marriott platinum. But i can't seem to find a Platinum fax # or email address on the Marriott website. Please help!
Only Marriott Plats have that number if anyone cares to share it with you ...

Most likely Marriott will not status match.

Based on your hotel stay history for the past 12 months and/or your hotel stay plans for the next 12 months, Marriott will offer you a challange:

• "Taste of Gold" challange which they usually require you to book and stay 12 nights at any Marriott property in the next 3 months or
  • "Taste of Platinum" challange whereby you must spend 18 nights I believe.

Marriott will probably give you the elite status during the 3-months challange period. Also, if you start your challange now and successfully complete it, your elite status will expire on 2/2012. If you request, commence and complete the challnge in 2011, then your status will expire 2/2013.

IMHO, there isn't much difference between Marriott's Gold and Platinum status: more points for plats and hence faster track to lifetime status and a dedicated plat cs number.

Either way the regular Marriott Rewards cs telephone number will suffice to start the process.

YMMV!

Last edited by Kalboz; Oct 2, 2010 at 10:01 am
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Hyatt is no longer offering Status match

It takes one greedy idiot to ruin a good deal for the rest of us ...

From TMtravelworld:

Earlier last month, someone was selling Hyatt Diamond status on Ebay by PS competitor membership card and got caught, Hyatt immediately changed Status match policy, which will only give you 60 days trial diamond membership and you need to complete 12 nights within 60 days to keep your diamond for next year.

Unless someone has immediate need to stay with Hyatt, otherwise, the challenge are extremely hard to complete.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Kalboz
It takes one greedy idiot to ruin a good deal for the rest of us ...

From TMtravelworld:
wow....sucks....i was thinking about getting a match next year....
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:15 am

Hilton Status Challenge

Does anyone know if Hilton gives you the status during the challenge period? So if they offer me a 15 nights in 90 days challenge to Diamond, would I be Diamond during that time?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Does anyone know if Hilton gives you the status during the challenge period? So if they offer me a 15 nights in 90 days challenge to Diamond, would I be Diamond during that time?
Depends on the exact wording. When I switched some business over to HH earlier this year, I was given a challenge for Diamond, but was told I would be a HH Gold and could earn Diamond based upon xx nights in the 90 day window.

It may well be that you get Diamond from the start. Check your account status to see what they put you up to. You could always contact them to clarify in the mean time.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:35 am

Thanks RAPC! Gold during the challenge would be fine with me, as long as I get any status during the challenge.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by MB4674
Just did this...EASY as pie...just sent in a copy of my HH Diamond card...matched to BW Diamond within 24 hours!
I got BW Diamond matched to my PC Platinum. I can't find an expiration date for that BW DM card though. I wonder if it's only valid till the end of this year or all the way through the next one since my PC Platinum is until the end of 2011.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:29 am

Hyatt status match

There seem to be conflicting reports. Does anyone have recent experience on whether the Hyatt status match/challenge requires six nights or twelve nights? Also, does it have to be done in thirty days?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:33 pm

According to Gold Passport Concierge here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...formation.html HGP no longer match status.

The instant Platinum elite for 180 days with only a 5 night requirement to maintain Platinum elite membership and the Diamond elite that was to be earned with 15 nights within 180 days of enrollment is no longer available. This offer was disontinued as of mid May 2010. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...5-14-10-a.html

Last edited by Kalboz; Nov 23, 2010 at 4:52 pm
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Did a search to confirm my memory but could not find the information.

Am planning on doing a status match from HHonors Diamond(via spending) to SPG Plat. Recognize that I need to send a copy of my card (front and back) and current HHonors account to SPG.

I seem to remember that if I request status match after March 2011 the SPG Plat will be valid through 2012.

Is this correct?

TIA.

DeanT
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
So what exactly happened with Hyatt last year? No more status matches, right? Because I could really use Diamond...
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
So what exactly happened with Hyatt last year? No more status matches, right? Because I could really use Diamond...
Some bottom-feeder (apparently a Hyatt insider) was selling Hyatt Diamond status on ebay and disguising it as status match:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/tmtrav...-status-match/

This change is not cast in stone, I see some wiggle room. I'd pm Hyatt Gold Passport Conciege below with your travel plans (stays/nights/$$$ ... revenue you plan to move to Hyatt) to see what she might do for you ... and please report back either way. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalkers,

Hyatt Gold Passport no longer participates with the tier matching program. In select cases, a trial offer may be proposed at the discretion of the individual hotels' sales department.

Sincerely,
Chrissi R.

{EDIT: The "old" status matching program may be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...r-11-10-a.html }

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.