Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wall Street Journal Subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
https://buy.wsj.com/mdwsjus/

Two months for one dollar, print and digital access. Miles? No idea if this will work through any portals.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:04 am

Used dandeals method. Took ~3 weeks for paper to start.

No online access though.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
What's the cheapest way to get a subscription to the online edition of WSJ?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:37 am

$1 for two months and 1k United miles.
https://shopping.mileageplus.com/p/wsj-milestone-q3.htm
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by kathiel
$1 for two months and 1k United miles.
https://shopping.mileageplus.com/p/wsj-milestone-q3.htm
Just to be clear, in case it isn't, you pay $1 and get 2 months of the WSJ (print only or print and online?) plus 1K of RDM (PDM?). In other words, it doesn't cost on 1K RDM from their MP account, but rather credits that amount.

Too bad, it isn't for a longer time.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:25 am

I grabbed it. For the cost, well worth the trouble of cancelling in two months.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:40 am

Miles posted yesterday. That was a fast!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:37 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by itsme
Just to be clear, in case it isn't, you pay $1 and get 2 months of the WSJ (print only or print and online?) plus 1K of RDM (PDM?). In other words, it doesn't cost on 1K RDM from their MP account, but rather credits that amount.

Too bad, it isn't for a longer time.
The offer now appears to be 800 miles, and you have to pay $1/week for 12 weeks, rather than $1 for a full 2 months. This text also appears briefly as United MileagePlus Shopping is redirecting you to WSJ.com:

"Only eligible on paid subscriptions. Only eligible on first month for pay by month subscriptions. Subscription must be active for at least 30 days. Eligible on one subscription per household. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site."

I'll post again if I try this.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:24 pm

Current United Mileage Plus Shopping deal says you can earn 250 miles for subscribing to WSJ, but after entering the offer, it says 400 miles. So, I'm not sure which it is.

$1 for 2 months trial is also available to any new subscriber directly via wsj.com.

Is anyone aware of current deals for longer term digital subscriptions? The best I see is $139.99 for 2 years from this site, but is it legit?
http://dailysubscription.com/product...l-subscription
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:34 am

Just did the two months for $1 through the UA mall, got 400 miles in less than 48 hours.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:57 pm

Got a letter in the physical mail today from WSJ which states that they are no longer accepting new subscriptions through loyalty programs. Magsforpoints website indeed does not have WSJ listed currently.

The letter also states that I can renew my subscription to print and digital (which was originally just print via Magsforpoints) for $37.25 quarterly, or $149 for 1 year. The cheapest prices I see on current WSJ subscription promo page are:

$12 for 12 weeks
$111 for 6 months
$311 for 12 months

So I may have to bite at the $149 for the year of print and digital...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Just got the student subscription for a family member attending community college full time.

$49 for a year.

https://buy.wsj.com/shopandbuy/order...kCode=aaqntppp

"Payment Information
Charge my credit card $15 total for the first 15 weeks of my Wall Street Journal subscription. Thereafter, service will automatically renew and my credit card will be charged $4 monthly. Sales tax may apply. All fees and charges are non-refundable. Terms and prices are subject to change; I will be notified via email in advance of such changes. My subscription will continue to renew automatically unless I tell you otherwise. For questions about my subscription, or to cancel, I can call Customer Service at 1-800-JOURNAL (568-7625)."
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by SpicyMeatball
Got a letter in the physical mail today from WSJ which states that they are no longer accepting new subscriptions through loyalty programs. Magsforpoints website indeed does not have WSJ listed currently.

The letter also states that I can renew my subscription to print and digital (which was originally just print via Magsforpoints) for $37.25 quarterly, or $149 for 1 year. The cheapest prices I see on current WSJ subscription promo page are:

$12 for 12 weeks
$111 for 6 months
$311 for 12 months

So I may have to bite at the $149 for the year of print and digital...
I have the same renewal offer. While it sucks that you cannot use miles any more (I even checked eRewards) at least $149 is reasonable. About 4 years ago, they quoted an obscene $500 or so to renew. About 10 years ago the student subscription price was $99 and now I see it's $49 for print and digital.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:25 pm

WSJ Subscriptions Using Points/Miles?

Has anyone else noticed that WSJ subscriptions are no longer redeemable for points or miles through various loyalty programs? I was using e-rewards points for a subscription for the past few years. If WSJ has taken itself out of "circulation", it will be a real loss! If anyone has found another method to get WSJ paper subscriptions, I would really like to know. Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Not sure this is the right forum for this thread. Nonetheless, WSJ is no longer available using Spirit miles (fulfilled using magsformiles.com). My annual WSJ subscription was pretty much the only reason I keep my Spirit account active.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.