Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Should you feel guilty for participating in a Mileage/Points Program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should you feel guilty for participating in a Mileage/Points Program?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by DELee
?????

No relevance to FT.

David
Of course there is. You may disagree with the article, and I'm sure many will, but the idea that there's no ethical considerations to travel or a particular mode of traveling for a group of users who travel as often as FT users is silly.
flyingcrooked and Aurelian like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
Of course there is. You may disagree with the article, and I'm sure many will, but the idea that there's no ethical considerations to travel or a particular mode of traveling for a group of users who travel as often as FT users is silly.
The original article was about credit cards and banks. It was only about travel in the loosest sense - the connection through miles/points that credit card rewards programs generate.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by pinniped
The original article was about credit cards and banks. It was only about travel in the loosest sense - the connection through miles/points that credit card rewards programs generate.
The whole idea of affinity/loyaty cards started in the early 1980s with American and United, so all the point/mileage schemes owe their history to travel:

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/evolu...lyer-programs/

https://thepointsguy.com/credit-card...-credit-cards/
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
AAdvantage was my first program. The flight attendants would hand out cards for it, you'd fill them out on the plane and give them back to the FA right there.

I had TWA and Southwest pretty early on too. Still have my original Southwest "Company Club" card somewhere at home...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:27 pm

dont think you should feel bad for a program that is used so widely
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.