Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Tips for traveling from Chicago to Zambia using Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for traveling from Chicago to Zambia using Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Question Tips for traveling from Chicago to Zambia using Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

I'm planning a trip from Chicago to Zambia: Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (IATA: LUN, ICAO: FLKK) next year and aim to fund it entirely with Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Can anyone recommend how to maximize value per point? I believe my only options are to either book directly through the Ultimate Rewards portal or transfer to airline partners. Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by neekolas86
I'm planning a trip from Chicago to Zambia: Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (IATA: LUN, ICAO: FLKK) next year and aim to fund it entirely with Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Can anyone recommend how to maximize value per point? I believe my only options are to either book directly through the Ultimate Rewards portal or transfer to airline partners. Thanks!
In your other thread -- in the Africa forum -- I identified those airlines which should be able to offer single-connection service from ORD to LUN. You might want to check to see which UR partners offer redemptions on those carriers. But be sure to verify award availability, mileage cost, and additional fees before transferring any of your valuable UR points.

There is also a dedicated Chase credit-card forum here on FT which has a thread about transferring UR points to various partners.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
In your other thread -- in the Africa forum -- I identified those airlines which should be able to offer single-connection service from ORD to LUN. You might want to check to see which UR partners offer redemptions on those carriers. But be sure to verify award availability, mileage cost, and additional fees before transferring any of your valuable UR points.

There is also a dedicated Chase credit-card forum here on FT which has a thread about transferring UR points to various partners.
Excellent tips, thank you! I didn’t realize there was a dedicated Chase forum. I’ll continue my posting there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.