MyPoints from MyWay

MyPoints from MyWay

Old Feb 6, 00, 11:14 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
MyPoints from MyWay

I am sorry if this has been discussed before. MyWay has additional weekly MyPoints. Links for the 10 points can be found in the posting made by jellis at the URL: http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/009488.html

The page also contains a discussion of MyPoints and Freeride.
Old Feb 6, 00, 12:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Thanks. They all say "Temporarily Unavailable" right now, but perhaps later ...
Old Feb 6, 00, 12:22 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Something happened to the Mypoint site (which is not at all unusual in my experience). I was going through the MyWay links and received confirmation of the 10 points, when I started getting the error messages.
Old Feb 6, 00, 7:36 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I just went through all of the topics and collected points without any problems.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Feb 6, 00, 7:51 pm

Thanks for the great links PG.
Old Feb 6, 00, 10:32 pm
Original Member

I just joined My Points today. That web-site is so slow!! Anyway, how do I go about following these links?? Do I just go to Jellis' links and access the sites that way or do I have to do it through either My Points or My Way.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Feb 7, 00, 2:38 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am not sure Leo. Probably the better way is to go through MyWay, since MyPoints does not want people publishing the links.
Old Feb 7, 00, 4:54 pm

I went directly through Jellis' links last night & the points were in my account this morning.
Old Feb 7, 00, 5:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
leroy11, save your time and effort and go with MilesMall or Clickrewards for on-line purchases. Aside from the slow site, you'll be lucky to get anything out of MyPoints. After 4 months and endless e-mails they finally credited me 100 points I was due. Now they only owe me 500. Those are 4 months overdue also. Remember, never miss an opportunity to slam MyPoints!
Old Feb 8, 00, 9:53 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I think this MyWay opportunity might be over. I went back this morning and noticed none of the MyPoints buttons there anymore. Whether this is temporary or permanent , I do not know.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Feb 8, 00, 11:36 am
In Memoriam

You know I have been happy with the thousands of Hilton HHOnors points I have gotten from MyPoints. I've decided that the time and effort involved (not so much as you might think) are worth these free hotel points. I would not purchase specifically to get MyPoints though, earning most of mine through the TalkCity polls and bonus mailings. I also have not seen particularly slow site loadings.

MileKing: I know your thing is bashing MyPoints, but let's put this into perspective. I spend no more time trying to get what is owed me in the way of missing points with MyPoints than I do with airline and hotel programs!! And at least I can handle it by e-mail. I spent quite a while yesterday writing to United about missing miles--I had to write a letter, print it, dig out receipts, xerox documents, address, stamp and mail an envelope and now wait.

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 02-08-2000).]
Old Feb 8, 00, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As for MYPT I sent them a couple of e-mails and let them know that they needed me since I could get to all the sites they have ads for by using that sites URL and that way MYPT won't get any $$$$ and i'll still get to check out the sites. Got in the other day from overseas called them and they called back and credited me with the 4,000 pts due me!!!Maybe cause i kept a record of what date i was where and any member or order #'s. Need a few thosand to get to 20,000 then i'll decide if i'll stay or not.
Old Feb 8, 00, 2:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
Yes, TravelWeary I do bash MyPoints! I consider their customer service appalling. It's true that I experience problems with getting points/miles credited in almost every program I belong to. However, in almost all cases an e-mail or phone call resolves the issue. In some situations it may take a second round of calls/e-mails. MyPoints is the only program where I am consistently faced with numerous follow-ups to get the points owed me. I have e-mailed them at least 5 times (each) on two separate issues dating back to October. I have also placed two calls on each of those issues. One item was finally resolved last week after they asked me (again, for the third time) the same information I had already submitted. I have submitted another e-mail on the other issue, an issue I was told over the phone would be resolved some time ago.

In sum, I'm not going to support an organization which is making money off of my "clicking" when I have to go thru so many hoops to get what is owed me. I feel I am doing a service to others on these boards who may be unfamiliar with MyPoints and are considering signing up....at least they will have been forewarned as to what they are in for.
Old Feb 8, 00, 3:27 pm
In Memoriam

MileKing: If I had done a lot of purchasing or given out my personal information at lots of sites, or had to put up with lots of junk mail--all for nothing--I might feel differently and I do feel your frustration. I would not suggest purchasing through MyPoints unless you're very patient because this is where the problem with crediting seems to come in.

But I still think there CAN be some value here with two simple activities. Doing nothing but TalkCity Polls (once a week) and linking through BonusMail e-mails (neither of which requires a trip to the MyPoints site), I can acrue 1,000 points in less than five weeks. For this I can get 1,000 Hilton HHonors points--a minimum of 10 times a year. When I do a cost/benefit analysis, this is worth it to me. The time spent clicking on BonusMail (with hot links in MS Outlook) is negligible and the polls take about 10-15 minutes of my time once a week.

I have never had problems getting credit for either BonusMail or TalkCity polls, and my HHonors point requests (10,000 points so far) have all been posted promptly to my Hilton account.

I hope we can agree to disagree on this

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 02-08-2000).]
Old Feb 8, 00, 4:50 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

MK- To quote our fearless leader, "I share your pain," but TW makes a good point! Just minimize involvement, take it easy, be patient, and accrue points- eventually! That's pretty much what I'm trying to do also.

BTW- I'm still waiting for the 1000 points for my more.com puchase!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 02-08-2000).]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: