Biz to First upgrade - worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biz to First upgrade - worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2000, 12:46 pm
Commander Catcop

If you are GETTING miles back... then go to first.

If you are taking Mrs. Toad then by all means UPGRADE AS FAR AS YOU CAN GO!!!! It can make a very nice impression on that special lady, showing you care enough to use your miles for her! It's a sign of true love and she'll thank you for it! (I should know!)

Otherwise as My BIG BRUDDAR PREMEX and others have said: Business is just fine. I'm sitting there on my airline U-A (and it was worth the 20K miles, if only I can do some work and relax and hopefully sleep a bit before work work work in LONDON.)

I could not see myself in coach for 6-7 hours so it was worth the miles.

OMNI for Traveling TOAD: while in your AA plane skip all the free champaigne and Devars and go for the best stuff on earth: PEPSI!!!!! (in honor of your buddy the Cat eating your Bern's steak in Tampa!)
Old Jan 13, 2000, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately, Mrs. Toad won't be able to come along on this trip. If it was summer time.... well that would be a different story I think!

Not to worry Catman - I'll likely clean out their supply of Pepsi during the 2 hours before landing; especially since I have to connect in LHR to CDG.

I will certainly be thinking of all y'all at Berns on Saturday night. I'll be in STL the 31-2, so hopefully I will be able to get a decent steak while I'm there to tide me over.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Jan 13, 2000, 9:23 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Recall this recent Table from the OAG has some details on AA International Flagship Service, FWIW. Have a great trip.
www.oag.com/frequentflyer/october_1999/chart.html
Old Jan 13, 2000, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If the AA's F-class has the new sleeper seats, by all means go for the upgrade. What's 20K? As a domestic economy ticket the best it's worth a $199 trip on which you have to make a Saturday night stay before returning. While it's not Singapore or Cathay Pacific, the physical amenities will cover off any of AA's difficiencies in service. And you'll also get to experience AA's new Flagship lounge if there's one at your gateway airport.

Go for it. And of course, let us know after you've done it, what you think.
Old Jan 13, 2000, 10:21 pm

Another option if u have not already decided is to use the 1 way 10K upgrade award that AA offers. Use it for the flight over where that flat bed will really make a difference. On the way back the big advantage on the 777 is the use of a personal video player which is not provided on the 777's in business.

Old Jan 13, 2000, 11:26 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I wish I had jumped in sooner, but Hammertoad, I am glad you are going to do it. Personally, the difference is worth it. I'm not going to go off on all the reasons you should do it, because you've made your mind up. But if you have second thoughts... I sure give you some additional reasons than what's already been listed here.
Old Jan 14, 2000, 10:39 am
Suspended

I wouldn't have gone for it. The coach to biz is definately worth it but i dont think first is, at least not when there is no bed waiting for you. My experience iwth NW is, their first and biz havent been upgraded in forever and the product up front isn't worth it, better to save it for some time you get a cheap coach ticket and dont want to sit in the back. Have a good trip and definately let us know what you think afterwards.

tg
Old Jan 14, 2000, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA - Hilton
AA 777 1st Class rules. Go for it.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 1:09 pm

to get out of aa biz class on a 777, do it! i just flew biz on an aa 777 from dfw-lgw. 49 seats and every one was taken. what a horror! just flew back from fra-jfk on 763 with 36 seats. only 13 were taken, like heaven!!! and besides on 777, there are no personal video players, just the in-seat video with the limited 10 channels (only 3 movies) that you have access to in coach. in 1st you have dvd players. i had more selection in coach on co and ba 777's than in aa in biz? what's up with that??

never doin' that 777 crap on them again. saving my miles for upgrades on 763's.

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 01-18-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.