Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Points phone number

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2000, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

My Points phone number

Does any one have phone number for Mypoints? I am trying to spend points and I keep getting the message that the account is inactive. Refreshing the member key does not help. I can do everything else except spending the points and they haven't responded to my last 3 emails spanning over three weeks.
Old Jan 11, 2000, 1:30 pm

MileageAddict posted this:

MyPoints.com 565 Commercial Street, 4th Floor San Francisco, CA 94111-3031

Telephone: (415) 676-3700
Fax: (415) 676-3720

in this thread:
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001503.html

And steve100 posted this in another thread:

1-888-262-4528 or 1-888-333-6260

[This message has been edited by Kitty Hawk (edited 01-11-2000).]
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
no numbers above work. tried to call and fax today to all.
geesh I hate those sorts of companies. Means they know they stink!
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
no numbers above work. tried to call and fax today to all.
geesh I hate those sorts of companies. Means they know they stink!
Try this one:
(415) 856-0877

Or this:
525 Market St., Ste. 3400
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: 415-829-6100
Fax: 415-829-6122
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks,.
first number: nuthin.
second one gets you in, but prompts a voice mail. I left a message. If you try to transfer out it disconnects you.

man they do NOT want calls! Why? Cuz they cant follow up!
I had an offer for 1000 points that expires jan 23. It was a birthday offer. Order $5 or more from a store and get the points. I ordered today and it says offer is already expired. Weird.
I wanted to find out why.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could try their parent company, Classmates Media:
21301 Burbank Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Phone: 818-287-3000
Fax: 818-287-3001

Or the MyPoints operations center:
475 N Martingale Rd # 100
Schaumburg, IL 60173, USA
847-969-8150

Press release contacts:
Investors:
Erik Randerson, CFA
Vice President
[email protected]

Corporate Communications & Public Relations
John Uppendahl
Vice President
[email protected]
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good to know. thanks.

Ever wonder why some of these companies do so much to hide themselves?? I mean, I was ready to be all mad but at least MyPoints people were nice when I did get thru at the 6100 number above. I pressed 0 and told the person who answers that whenever I call in and push to get to member services, it has a voicemail that cuts me off. So I then spoke with Hanna, who told me my offer would go thru but sometimes the site and emails have glitches that could say they expired when they do not. She would not give an extension but told me that in case there are probs to wait the 30 days to see the purchase points and then another 30 days to see the 1000 point bonus/

I thanked her as she gave me THIS fax number:

415 738 5940

This is a good thread for the MODS to keep handy as the MASTER Mypoints thread maybe!

PS I only really ever do anything on MyPoints if the offer is really good. Otherwise it's just clicks for the 5 points and delete. But buying $5 worth of goods at a store that happens to allow in-store pick up, and you get 1000 point bonus on top of that ,could not be passed up. I ended up buying more anyway and having it shiopped, but hey, that's what marketing is for!
Old Jan 21, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find it absurd the way some companies try to make it really hard to contact them.

Yahoo! is a good example of a company with a fortress-like telephone system and obscured customer service phone numbers.

I was ready to be all mad but at least MyPoints people were nice when I did get thru at the 6100 number above.
Of course they're nice--they make it so hard to contact them that they have to deal with very few customers.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

true that!

And yahoo, being FREE, is going to have less a reason to help you.

Here's what had worked for me:

use this if Yahoo ever gives you trouble... i.e, this is their
feedback/support place. You can ask them and tell them email problem
things...

http://help.yahoo.com/help/mail/errors/errors-11.html

In the old days, what you did is to hit the NO button and then it lets you type out the problem. Then, later, it would give you a response. You could set an alternate address to receive info if you need to. Now, however, it's one of those god awful things that has a series of set questions and you need to navigate thru. Still, you could get lucky!

I hate it when things think for me. LET ME talk to someone LIVE!! I mean I wouldnt be trying to if I could find it online.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

true that!
And yahoo, being FREE, is going to have less a reason to help you.
Even when you pay for services (I have a Yahoo! Music subscription) they are next to impossible to get on the phone.

Anyway, I hope you get your Mypoints credit, and I hope the phone numbers here will help others.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks,

and well, I'd love to invent some sort of personal security thing that I could use so that when I buy something with MY credit card from some company like this, that they HAVE to disclose stuff to ME. For example, if they want my money, then for MY security reasons, I will need the names of these people who work there, their bosses, their extensions, dates of birth, home addresses, etc etc etc.

Why not, eh? After all it's OUR money, right?

~~~
the sad thing is that when I first started googling to find MyPoints info, I came across so many web site forums out there where there were bummed out people trying to find them too. I felt bad for them all, knowing I would have my best luck right here. I thought I had the info in my email saved someplace but even if I did, those numbers were out of date too. Again, FT came thru!
WOO HOO!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MyPoints Phone number worked!: 415-829-6100

I called today and was able to speak directly with a member services person named Amish. He instanly credited me with the 1000 points I had been missing since Jan. These were in reference to a promom email I received.

Lesson learned:

kepp records, when you click on an offer in your emails and want to do that offer and not just get the points, do the offer right then. If you wait and go back it may not as easily register you for that offer for some reason. I have heard this to be true with other things like e-rewards, etc, but have now seemingly seen it here.

good luck in your own mile and point trackings! Good thread to save.

the above number is pacific time.
MM
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
MyPoints Phone number worked!: 415-829-6100

They do NOT take phone calls anymore for member services! I redeemed a GC in November & it hasn't arrived. I've tried THREE e-mails / correspondence, with NO return confirmation that it was received. What can I do here to get satisfaction? I have more points I want to redeem, but am afraid to do so.

Any similar experiences out there?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:13 pm

Angry Mypoints has become non responsive

I too appreciate the numbers posted. Have been using their site for quite a few years and up until last year they were good at posting points. When traveling I book hotels and car rentals through their website. Late last year they stopped posting points for Marriott Hotels. When I wrote I was told you have to wait 60 days before contacting them....they decided that was the new rule for travel related purchases. They had been posting my purchases until November when they stopped posting any Marriott purchases. I wrote and at first they would ask for more info and each time I wrote I would include all the info they required. They write back saying it needs to be 60 days after the purchase even after it has been more than 60 days. After responding they write back saying they will resolve the issue in 2-3 weeks and they don't. When you write again they ask for the same info again. I give it to them one more time then they say they gave me the points two months ago! I explain I stay at the same hotel for the same price every two or three weeks and they send the same email back to me over and over again. They now owe me thousands of points I fear I will never see. I am tired of them.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
updated Fax number of MyPoints

I received an e-mail offer in the last week from MyPoints that listed their fax number to claim credit for an offer:

415-738-5940

Not sure if this will help anyone, but hopefully so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.