Reload this Page >

DirecTV Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DirecTV Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:01 pm

I noticed that all of the FF Miles offers for Directv have higher monthly rates for the first 12 months as compared to simply going to the DTV web site and looking up new packages. For example, the Choice Package is 29.99 vs. 39.99/month.

Is there a way to get the FF miles but still get the lower monthly price?

FF
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Fire_Fly
I noticed that all of the FF Miles offers for Directv have higher monthly rates for the first 12 months as compared to simply going to the DTV web site and looking up new packages. For example, the Choice Package is 29.99 vs. 39.99/month.

Is there a way to get the FF miles but still get the lower monthly price?

FF
You are correct. You end up paying about $120 more that first year. After that, the prices should be the same. You have to determine if the 25-30K miles are worth that extra dough. For me, I think it is. Plus, depending on how you do it, it might be smarter to eat the early termination fee after 12 months and do it again.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Just saw a commercial: "DirectTV is now at&t". Wonder how this will affect suchlike.

Probably everyone who's already a customer already knows all about the buyout, but since this thread is for prospective customers... @:-)
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:34 am

FYI, we signed up with this promotion back in October. Got an email in November saying that the 25,000 AA miles would post within a week. NOthing posted. Took 2 phone calls (one for over an hour with no success; the other with only one transfer). The rep created an "escalation" for me, said we'd be contacted within 7 business days. We were and after another long conversation, the miles were posted within a week. Not the best process, but happy to get the miles.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:37 pm

Has anyone successfully used their own United MP account number for service under someone else's name? So for instance, if my parents wanted to get DirecTV and did not have a United account, would they be able to sign up for service and enter my MP account number and I receive the miles? I have no idea if DirecTV shares customer information with United or if they just say that the requirements for earning the miles has been met and then United deposits the miles into the account number that DirecTV gives them. I recently just signed up for DirecTV service myself and all I was asked was to supply a United MP account number and once I hit submit, it said that the miles should arrive within 6-8 weeks. Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.