Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DirecTV Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
One other item of note, I called to do the cancellation and switch and was offered to have my bill cut in half. I pay $41 for my package plus HBO and Starz now each month. This is a 10 month offer from them (for the package, HBO/Starz offer expires in April). So, at this price I'm not getting into a contract with anyone for a few months. Even if you don't want to switch right now but are at the end of your contract, call and say you want to cancel. The savings could be significant for a few minutes on the phone.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:46 pm

Wow, hilton 2 free night offer is pretty kick .... Obviously it's easy to sign up for the citi card for it, but it saves a hard pull!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
I need to remember this deal, when I move this year.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Wow, hilton 2 free night offer is pretty kick .... Obviously it's easy to sign up for the citi card for it, but it saves a hard pull!
I think DTV does a hard pull on your credit if you want to avoid a several hundred dollar deposit on your equipment.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:04 pm

they have 3 airline offers US, southwest and Hawaiian. E-bates has a $150 rebate which allows me to sign up and get the good price (and free NFL package) along with 3 months of free hbo, starz, ect.
After 3 months I cancel premium channels. 9 channels of HBO and only a couple of decent movies each month, makes me remember why they're not worth the money.
Then at the 1 year mark when the bill doubles I can cancel and use the $150 towards the early termination fees...it will cost me $90 to cancel, but then my wife can get it in her name and we get the signup deals again...the NFL package alone is $240 if you get it again the second year of service...Blah...also the $60 tv bill goes to about $120 the second year.....so it almost makes sense to pay the termination fee.
Keep an eye on rebates, bigcrumbs had a $220 rebate at the end of last year, I just missed. Frequent miler posted there is a $100 back on $100 directv bill payment offer from Amex that might work, it can be found here: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...offer-directv/
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
I'm trying to find the best DTV promo to take advantage of while taking into account my upcoming wedding and [hopefully] honeymoon if funds/rewards allow.

The terms state the following:

Weekend night certificates are valid for two (2) weekend nights, standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, at properties in the Hilton HHonors portfolio . The weekend night certificate applies only to room rate and corresponding taxes, and does not apply to any applicable gratuities, resort fees or incidental charges.
Would the Hilton Bora Bora Nui work for this?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Dish Network is on MyPoints.com for 10,000 points. Not a great deal but if you're switching anyway it beats a kick in the ______.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Extended to 5/27/15 now (30k United).
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index....e-0-0-10061313
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:06 pm

Are you able to get both the Hilton two nights and refer-a-friend bonus, or is it only one or the other?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

25K at AA

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index....ml-6-0-1004132

Through 5/27/15.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Got the 2 weekend nights at hilton.

They did a hardpull

You have to sign a contract. Honestly, not worth it to do unless you were going to pay for tv anyways.

if you are then get miles for it! or get the hotel stays.

I value the hilton certificate more than the mileage offers, but it may not be the same for everyone. Check out the offers and pick the one that give you the most value.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
This thread has been dormant for a little while and our DTV contract is up in August. What, if any, are the current offers?

I am willing to stay with DTV and just switch the name on the account to my wife's as I have heard others have successfully done this and gotten another bonus. Or we could switch back to Dish (where we never got a sigh up bonus on our contract before). Honestly to me both these providers seem to be pretty much the same so its more about the bonus for us.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Can you keep the same equipment when switching names? Avoid all the hassle of them coming out, etc?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:48 pm

No you have to turn in the equipment. Yeah it sucks to lose your shows, but on the plus side usually the new box is superior.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:29 am
Original Poster

The 30k at UAL is good through October now.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index....b-0-0-10071307

Last edited by kathiel; Aug 5, 2015 at 8:30 am Reason: Type A Personality

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.