Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

DirecTV Bonus

DirecTV Bonus

Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
DirecTV Bonus

I did a search and could not find any list of the current mileage bonus amounts for becoming a new customer.

The best I've located so far is 30k at United:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index....b-0-0-10071307

Our Dish contract ends on 11/30 and so I'd like to make the switch as valuable as possible.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:44 pm
Original Member

From my website (I think I have them all):

25,000 American Airlines miles. Expires Expires January 5, 2015. After that date, call (877)297-6637 to see if it is still available.

25,000 United Airlines miles. Expires Expires January 5, 2015. After that date, call (877)297-6637 to see if it is still available.
Better offer: 30,000 United Airlines miles. Expires January 5, 2015. After that date, call (855)246-3473 to see if it is still available.
The United Airlines promotions page lists an ongoing 25,000 mile offer. Registration is required.

6,200 Delta Airlines miles.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll trust you would know!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
We had Dish (and were happy with them aside from bad customer phone service) and then moved to a new house so we took advantage of this offer about a year ago from Direct. This is a great/easy way to get miles. At the time they were offering 30k in United miles. I think I have seen Dish with milage offers too (I don't recall with which airline or how many miles) so once this two year period is up we will switch back but only if there is a milage offer. I think DTV is a few more dollars a month for about the same thing but really these two services are pretty much the identical. IMO anything is better than Comast! One piece of advice with DTV-watch your bill! We had several issues with over billing from them.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by kathiel
Thanks. I'll trust you would know!
Trust, but verify.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:33 am
Original Poster

@pgary: Absolutely!

@1readyset2go: Have you gone back and forth every two years and been able to get the miles? We started this Dish account two years ago through a mileage offer. Now going to DirecTV through one. I'm wondering if I can get one again two years from now with Dish again????
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:49 am

@1readyset2go: Have you gone back and forth every two years and been able to get the miles? We started this Dish account two years ago through a mileage offer. Now going to DirecTV through one. I'm wondering if I can get one again two years from now with Dish again????
The first time I signed up for Dish I was not aware of any mileage bonus. Although it is quite possible they had it at the time I was not into collecting miles like I am now. I have about 9 months left on our two year deal with DTV so I am hopeful since i did not get any miles (or any bonus for that matter) the first time i signed up I can get this next time. What kind of bonuses have you seen offered by Dish?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
The first time I signed up for Dish I was not aware of any mileage bonus. Although it is quite possible they had it at the time I was not into collecting miles like I am now. I have about 9 months left on our two year deal with DTV so I am hopeful since i did not get any miles (or any bonus for that matter) the first time i signed up I can get this next time. What kind of bonuses have you seen offered by Dish?
When I signed up with Dish I went through MyPoints and got 20,000 points (10k miles +/- at UAL). The bonus was upped just before xmas that year, so that tipped the scales.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone had success getting miles to renew service or as a retention offer?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:54 pm

I have successfully transferred service to new accounts within the same household after the contract was up simply by using a family member's social. There isn't any gap in service and last time I got to keep the same equipment without needing to have a tech do a swap. This time around, they had me schedule an appt for a tech to come to my house where they will do the transfer of equipment (seems backwards, but I talked to two reps and there wasn't a way around this).
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by VaguelyAsian
I have successfully transferred service to new accounts within the same household after the contract was up simply by using a family member's social. There isn't any gap in service and last time I got to keep the same equipment without needing to have a tech do a swap. This time around, they had me schedule an appt for a tech to come to my house where they will do the transfer of equipment (seems backwards, but I talked to two reps and there wasn't a way around this).
This is very good to know thanks for the update

So you just changed the name on the account and SS and got the bonus again? Was this with DTV or Dish and which Airline program bonus?

We have DTV, but if I can get either the UA, SWA (or even AA) bonus I can put the account in my wife's name when its up in August.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has anyone had success getting miles to renew service or as a retention offer?
Was wondering the same.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure they do a hard pull, which sucks.

Any chance they will put it into a minor's name?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:30 am
Original Poster

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index....e-0-0-10061309

Offer is now good through 5/27/15.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Member

So are the Hilton free 2 night stay offer and the 25K American Airlines offer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.