MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Loblaws / Superstore: 20% off Marriott gift cards

As spotted in this RedFlagDeals forum:

Get 20% off a $100 Marriott gift card.
(Other options include 20% off a $50 iTunes gift card, plus a few others.)

Here's a screenshot of the flyer in western Canada Superstores
Here's a link to note on Loblaws website for Ontario

Here's the T&C:
Marriott TravelCards may be used within the Marriott portfolio of brands, including participating
retail, spa, golf and food and beverage outlets. >ard is a prepaid card, not a credit card, and is
property of and issued by Ml Fulfillment Services, LLC. Protect card like cash. There is no expiration
date for card. Each transaction will be debited against card balance; if transaction exceeds
balance, user must pay the difference. Card is not redeemable for cash and change will not be
returned except when otherwise required by applicable law. Card cannot be redeemed until
activated. Card becomes inactive upon use of all card value. Card cannot be applied to group,
special corporate/negotiated, catering, associate or other discounted/non-commissionable rates.
Card cannot be used when reservation is booked by a travel agent or other third party. Card cannot
be used to secure or confirm a reservation. Marriott Rewards® points cannot be earned with the
use of this card. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced only if previously registered. Value
of replaced card will equal balance on card at the time it was reported lost, stolen or damaged.
To check card balance and see complete terms and conditions visit gifts.marriott.com or call
(+1) 800.442.6132. Use of this card confirms acceptance of terms above.

Caveat:
One poster at RFD reports that on back of gift card it says you can't earn Marriott Rewards points if you use this gift card.

Last edited by jerry305; Jul 31, 2013 at 8:21 am Reason: Added T&C
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
in stock

Purchased yesterday.$100 for 80.Cool.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:43 am

I'll visit my RCSS Superstore this weekend to check it out

RFD'er said $50 cards didn't seem to scan at $40 but $50 instead, so may be limited to $100 cards
Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hope the premier visa comes through with the 50K bonus points, I applied through that for my +1 and she got instantly approved, but it doesn't say anywhere the 50K just the offer code on the link..

fingers crossed
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Poster

I've found many good discussions at RedFlagDeals forums lately. More talk about advice and deals than miles generation, but RFD has found a place in my bookmarks.

RFD: Hot Deals (Travel)
RFD: Travel Forum
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
I've found many good discussions at RedFlagDeals forums lately. More talk about advice and deals than miles generation, but RFD has found a place in my bookmarks.

RFD: Hot Deals (Travel)
RFD: Travel Forum
But it's mixed in with everything else? All I've seen are Air Transat Sales and AC Discount Codes. and people asking for travel advice. I've never seen anything significant that hasn't been in FT.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Air Miles, Aeroplan, MR
Originally Posted by yerffej201
There's no specific link. You have to call in to apply and quote a code, or apply online and quote the code to get another 20k points.
Anyone try this? Does it work to get the extra 20K points (via phone call)?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by 92redragtop
Anyone try this? Does it work to get the extra 20K points (via phone call)?
Have been reports in the FT thread that this has been successful i think.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:49 pm

Hi there, wondering if anyone has found any creative ways to redeem High Flyer rewards from HarbourAir. You can get some decent GCs but looking for better options..
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:07 pm

Have been reports in the FT thread that this has been successful i think.
I just got this card recently with 30K, 1 bonus night, no fee 1st year, so I will give this a shot.

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by 92redragtop
I just got this card recently with 30K, 1 bonus night, no fee 1st year, so I will give this a shot.

Thanks
Call them and quote the code. Act like you applied with a 50k offer and just confirm it.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Costco.ca 3x Aeroplan Miles Aug 5th-11th

Not available at Costco warehouse stores.

Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Note the exclusions as per the T&Cs:
Ineligible purchases include: new Costco memberships (which are eligible to receive 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for a new Gold Star or Business Membership and 1,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for a new Executive Membership), Costco membership renewals, gift of membership, tires, online gift certificates, Costco Cash cards, custom installation services and online digital print orders.

Also believe that registration is required to get the 3X.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:52 pm

Call them and quote the code. Act like you applied with a 50k offer and just confirm it.
Thanks - called Chase this evening and asked how to apply the source code for my recently acquired Marriott Visa and the rep asked if it was the 50K source code. Once I confirmed it with him he said it had been applied. This was the second rep I spoke to as the first rep transferred me once I describe my issue/question.

I will confirm after my first statement to ensure the points are credited to my Marriott account (it appears the bonus night already was).
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

BMO Rewards World Elite MasterCard: now 2% spend

Bank of Montreal has upped the reward redemption rate on the BMO Rewards World Elite MasterCard. The rate is now 2%, up from 1.9%.

The standard offer is 15,000 points, which at 1.9%, was worth $285.

However, the 20,000 points bonus offer appears to still work. That'd be $400 in travel credit. Annual fee remains at $150.
That's a $250 gain instantly. I think this is one of the best cards out there now.

• Supplementary cards are now free.
• Priority Pass access to VIP airport lounges (4 visits per year).
• $70,000 income or $120,000 household income required.
• More at http://bmorewards.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.