FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   MilesBuzz: Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1466579-milesbuzz-canada.html)

milesmuncher Jun 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305 (Post 20845807)
Thanks to supernewfcombo for starting a thread about this.

THREAD:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ct-energy.html

DETAILS:
Sign up by June 30. Using a "secondary" email address to receive these emails seems to be okay. Looks to be an easy 500 Aeroplan points. Ontario residents only.

LINK:
http://www2.directenergy.com/aeropla...x?Promo=HAC001

Any reports as to whether they verify Ontario residency in your Aeroplan account? My mom lives in Ontario, and I could easily put her address in the form, but that won't sync up with my Aeroplan account (I live south of the border)

yerffej201 Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by iamfrugal (Post 20934410)
I called and apparently there is nothing on their website to support this promo.I cannot access the link.

I have no idea then. The rep I called knew about it :confused:

iamfrugal Jun 18, 2013 4:51 am

AMEX gold= 1000 per user?

What # ssecifically did you call? The one on the back of the card? To clarify , A Canadian version of the amex gold rewards? I really want those points!thanks

jerry305 Jun 23, 2013 9:15 pm

US Travel Association: Daily Getaways discounts

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/

Daily Getaways is sponsored by American Express along with the US Travel Association. You can buy discounted hotel points and travel packages within the United States. And in addition to the low prices, you get a 10% extra discount for using an American Express card.

The Daily Getaways website will have a new deal every weekday at 1:00 pm Eastern Time until July 12, 2013.

You have to be quick to get in on these deals because they sell out within minutes.

Source:
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...aways-returns/

More coverage at:
Canadian Kilometers blog: Daily Getaways Week Four Preview is out!

June 24 to 28 offers:
http://i44.tinypic.com/b3sju8.jpg

jerry305 Jun 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Marriott Rewards Visa 50,000 points is back

The 50,000 point offer appears to be back.
Link to Marriott Visa application

Thanks to jerryhung for spotting this at RedFlagDeals.
Link to post on Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card thread

jerry305 Jun 27, 2013 1:35 pm

TD set to take over Aeroplan credit cards unless CIBC matches offer

Many users on this forum are Aeroplan members. Here's some news on proposed changes with Aeroplan.

News on this thread:
Flyertalk thread: TD set to take over Aeroplan credit cards unless CIBC matches offer

Globe & Mail article:
TD set to take over Aeroplan credit cards unless CIBC matches offer

Blog article:
Canadian Kilometers blog/

Toronto-Dominion Bank is set to take over as the new provider of Aeroplan credit cards once Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce’s contract with the rewards program expires at the end of the year.
TD’s contract with Aimia would last 10 years and allows the bank to launch a number of co-branded credit cards with the Aeroplan program.
However, there is a wrinkle in the new contract. CIBC has what is known as a right of first refusal, which means the bank has the right to renew its contract, under revised terms, before Aimia signs a deal with any other bank.

jerry305 Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Holiday Inn / IHG for 5000 points, or $67.50 in points

RewardsCanada blog is reporting the newest quarterly round of PointBreaks specials from IHG / Holiday Inns.

PointBreaks are reward stays that are only 5,000 points.
You can purchase 5,000 points for US $67.50 from the IHG website. (Higher quantities are slightly cheaper, too.)

Edit: as pointed out, there is a way that IHG members who already have at least 5,000 points can buy 5,000 points for US $40, or buy 10,000 points for US $70.

Hotels in Canada:
ALBERTA
HOLIDAY INN HINTON

BRITISH COLUMBIA
Deleted since the start of the promo: HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES SURREY

MANITOBA
HOLIDAY INN WINNIPEG-AIRPORT WEST

NEW BRUNSWICK
Deleted since the start of the promo: HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES SAINT JOHN HARBOUR SIDE

NOVA SCOTIA
HOLIDAY INN HALIFAX HARBOURVIEW

ONTARIO
Deleted since the start of the promo: HOLIDAY INN HOTEL AND SUITES MISSISSAUGA
Deleted since the start of the promo: HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES BRAMPTON

QUEBEC
Deleted since the start of the promo: HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ST. JEAN SUR RICHELIEU
Deleted since the start of the promo: CROWNE PLAZA GATINEAU-OTTAWA
Deleted since the start of the promo: CROWNE PLAZA MONTREAL AIRPORT

Hotels in US & other countries:
See list

rascally14 Jul 15, 2013 6:21 am

Is the dailygetawaydeals just for US addresses?

robinkar Jul 15, 2013 8:22 pm

I've been trying to find out about the Marriott Rewards Visa 50,000 point offer referred to here. If I click on any of the links people have provided, I don't see any reference to 50,000 points. If I go to the Marriott site, it says 30,000 points. I just want to be sure that I'm applying from the right link in order to get the 50,000.

yerffej201 Jul 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by robinkar (Post 21103340)
I've been trying to find out about the Marriott Rewards Visa 50,000 point offer referred to here. If I click on any of the links people have provided, I don't see any reference to 50,000 points. If I go to the Marriott site, it says 30,000 points. I just want to be sure that I'm applying from the right link in order to get the 50,000.

There's no specific link. You have to call in to apply and quote a code, or apply online and quote the code to get another 20k points.

jerry305 Jul 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by rascally14 (Post 21098751)

Yes, that appears to be the case. I just attempted to purchase one of the deals. The site wants a US credit card with a US billing address, which most of us don't have.

yerffej201 Jul 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by rascally14 (Post 21098751)

Originally Posted by jerry305 (Post 21113982)
Yes, that appears to be the case. I just attempted to purchase one of the deals. The site wants a US credit card with a US billing address, which most of us don't have.

Yes, you need a US Address. But you don't need a US CC.

92redragtop Jul 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305 (Post 21113982)

You can set up a second address on your credit card - just make sure it's NOT the statement mailing address. For example, if you live i southern Ontario you can use the address for a place like CBI USA as a second address on your credit card file.

I just purchased something from Home Depot (.com) and their checkout does not offer CDN options (postal code, province) but the transaction went through because I used CBI's address in Niagara Falls, NY which is the secondary address on my BMO Mastercard.

yulmichael Jul 20, 2013 3:14 pm

IHG -5000 points

Originally Posted by jerry305 (Post 21002546)
RewardsCanada blog is reporting the newest quarterly round of PointBreaks specials from IHG / Holiday Inns.

PointBreaks are reward stays that are only 5,000 points.
You can purchase 5,000 points for US $67.50. (Higher quantities are slightly cheaper, too.)

Hotels in Canada:
ALBERTA
HOLIDAY INN HINTON

BRITISH COLUMBIA
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES SURREY

POINT BREAKS
MANITOBA
HOLIDAY INN WINNIPEG-AIRPORT WEST

NEW BRUNSWICK
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES SAINT JOHN HARBOUR SIDE

NOVA SCOTIA
HOLIDAY INN HALIFAX HARBOURVIEW

ONTARIO
HOLIDAY INN HOTEL AND SUITES MISSISSAUGA
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES BRAMPTON

QUEBEC
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ST. JEAN SUR RICHELIEU
CROWNE PLAZA GATINEAU-OTTAWA
CROWNE PLAZA MONTREAL AIRPORT

Hotels in US & other countries:
See list

You can "purchase" 5000 points for US$ 37.50 using the "cash and points" res. system.
Michael

jerry305 Jul 21, 2013 12:02 am

Originally Posted by yulmichael (Post 21130853)
You can "purchase" 5000 points for US$ 37.50 using the "cash and points" res. system.
Michael

Thanks, yulmichael! That's a good tip; I'd forgotten about that one.

IHG's point prices have changed a few times over the past couple of years. I think they're now at US$40 for 5,000 points, and US$70 for 10,000 points. The workaround is available only to members with at least 5,000 points to start with.