Reload this Page >

Buying Apple and getting points [includes hardware and iTunes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Apple and getting points [includes hardware and iTunes]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:44 pm

Looking to buy the IPad Mini w/ Retina Display. Is the best option to purchase from Staples.com, via Ultimate Rewards mall, for 7 points/dollar (2 from Ultimate Rewards Mall, 5 from Ink office supply stores)?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:58 pm

there were like a zillion deals on black friday week. Anyways How about 5% from upromise and 5 points from chase ink
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:16 pm

Apparently you can go through upromise, buy Staples Gift Cards, get 5%, then use those gift cards to go back through upromise to get another 5% when buying the ipad.

If you use Ink, you get another 5% on top of that. And if you are smart about splitting everything up on the gift card purchases, you can get plink points too
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Beware that with gift cards you don't get the benefit of a double warranty you get with your credit card. My Macbook Air battery recently went bad along with one of the keys on my keyboard. 1-year warranty expired. With the credit card I get a 2-year warranty. No worries, called Capital One and they cut me a $280 check for the repair.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:23 pm

I know American Express has great warranty coverage, but do Visa and MasterCard also have good coverage? Also, Ink Bold gets 5X at Staples, but I've heard that business cards tend not to have as good protection as personal cards. Is this true?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
It appears Apple iTunes is no longer offered on AA eShopping?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: US CP
Can confirm 732 miles miles posting for iPad Mini with Retina Display through AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall. Even though it was noted that iPad mini with retina was excluded.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:00 am

3% Topcashback posted in 24 hours for Ipad Mini Retina purchase from Staples. Posted even though I also used an additional $20 off coupon. Used Chase Ink for another 5%.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:35 am

15% Employee Discount
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA, Hyatt
Best place/time to buy Apple computer to get points/miles

Not sure if this is the right forum, and search turned up nothing.

I'm going to be buying a new Apple computer sometime in the next year. I know if I screw it up I could end up getting 1-2pt/$, but I was wondering the best place/way to purchase. I'll be spending around $3000 so the difference in pts/$ is definitely worth some research & planning imho.

I'm looking to get Chase UR points or United miles.

For example, I just bought an iPad Air from Staples through the Mileageplus Shopping portal using my Chase Ink card, so I got 9pts/$. That's a huge difference, and with a computer it would be an even more important difference.

Problem is office supply stores don't sell Apple computers, only some of their devices. The Apple Store (not the iTunes store) is on MileagePlus shopping and Chase UR portal for 1 point usually (every now and then 2). I've never seen it higher than 2.

Also they don't sell Apple gift cards at office supply stores, so right now it's looking like the best I could get is 3.5 miles (2 from a portal when there's a "sale" and 1.5 from the United club card). I'm looking to hopefully get 5+/$ if possible.

My cards:
Chase Ink
Chase Freedom
United Club Card

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by mjdth
Not sure if this is the right forum, and search turned up nothing.

I'm going to be buying a new Apple computer sometime in the next year. I know if I screw it up I could end up getting 1-2pt/$, but I was wondering the best place/way to purchase. I'll be spending around $3000 so the difference in pts/$ is definitely worth some research & planning imho.
There's a legend thread in MilesBuzz Forum for this line of discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...re-itunes.html
Old Aug 3, 2014, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by vladrad
15% Employee Discount
Use it quickly as I have met many tired Apple Employees who are going to quit
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:02 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
And off this thread goes to its new home in MilesBuzz...

Spiff, S.P.A.M. moderator
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:44 am

buying a Mac - best way to maximize points/miles

Gonna buy a Mac soon (next week or so)
Where can I get the most for my money?

Amazon does NOT have the one I'm looking for.

?? Visa gift cards from Staples / chase 5x
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:17 pm

item is Mac Book Pro --- assume $3k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.