Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best miles/points reward for checking or saving account [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by drod
Not tied to a large initial deposit, but I just got a $200 offer to open a Chase checking account. I only need to maintain $1500 monthly balance to avoid the fees.
You will get a 1099 for the $200. It is considered interest.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by windcloud5
The final 20K TY points will require 15K spending??? No Thanks!!!!
Where do you see $15K in spending for the last 15K TY bonus? I just see the dance for 2 months with deposit and bill pay and within 90 days you will have the bonus.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by chliansh
Where do you see $15K in spending for the last 15K TY bonus? I just see the dance for 2 months with deposit and bill pay and within 90 days you will have the bonus.
That's referring to the Premier Card offer. This thread got all mixed up when 3 threads got collapsed into one set of non-sequiturs.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by deant
You will get a 1099 for the $200. It is considered interest.
I know. It says it in T&C.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: Several dozen
+1 ^

Citi at its best (aside from the old 2 browser trick)

Originally Posted by danisa21
It can be a good deal, depends on how you use it. I parked one of my retirement account at Citi to stay "gold". That account is invested in some specific stocks at fidelity, now it's at Citi - not going to sell it anytime soon, so it's just sitting at one brokerage company instead of other.
Now, you can get multiple citigold checking accounts - linked to this one 'household qualifying account'. everyone that can use this address as the billing address and the joint accounts. me, spouse, joint, and couple of family members - can all use this linked account to qualify for gold.
Now, if you can setup one direct deposit and one bill pay from each account every month, and an automatic transfer from checking to savings (i have 50$), then that pays 1300 TY points per account every month. (besides the initial bonus of 40k per person). That's about 65$ in walmart gift cards / Amazon gift cards every month for 5 accounts. (as others have pointed out - the citi TY points from checking are reported to IRS if you withdraw more than 600$, combined with referral bonus, interest etc).. so, only take out enough walmart cards / amazon gift certs every year to keep total below 600. (and don't use these points for airline miles as those will be reported @ 2.5 cents per point).

Easy 400$ per person signup bonus and easy 50-60$ a month for checking account.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
Just got my 30K miles last week. Closed the CitiGold account today. Never paid a single fee--they never sent me the debit card, I had to call etc so when I complained they waived the fee for two more months. Only deposited $250/paycheck for the duration. October 5th to March 5th, so about 5 months all told.

Wondering if I can do the same thing for the wife, e.g. open a CitiGold checking account in her name to get AA Miles. She doesn't work so I'll have to do the auto-deposit some other way if that's possible.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Does anyone know how long a citigold acct. must be closed for before I can open a new acct. for a bonus? I know people have opened/closed multiple acct.'s, but I haven't been able to find a timeline as to how long it must be closed before opening a new one. I've searched the threads but cannot find answer.
Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:06 pm

I need to open a new business checking account and would like to go with Chase. Are there any bonus offers out there currently. Ive searched and was only able to find one for a personal account. TIA
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:28 pm

any business checking bonus' available? chase?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:09 pm
GAF

Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold, ICH Spire
1% online saving acct w/25K

Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
The rate was decreased again. It's now at .85%. Still, better than most though. And I too have been happy with it so far.
CIT Bank (not CITIBANK) has an online savings acct that pays 1% on balances over $25K. Best I could find.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:47 pm

cmeg code is dead for Citibank gold acct, anyone seen any new codes?
Old May 4, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP
BankDirect lowers the cap for AA miles payout (to $50k), reduced payout above that

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren
The fee is $12.00 per month--at least that's what I'm paying.

It's a nifty production of 240k AAdvantage miles per year. First $200k balance generates 100 mi/month per $1000 balance. Balance above $200k generates a measely 25 mi/month.

I don't see how the Fidelity/Delta deal can even compare. The 100k Skypesos is one time only. It's not a continuous cash-cow-production like BankDirect is.

I still have a grandfathered Guaranty Bank account (now BBVA) that is still pumping out 60 AA mi/month per $1000 balance, with no fees.
Looks like Bankdirect is lowering their mileage payout.
Beginning June 1, 2013, it'll be 100 miles/$1k for the first $50k (same as before), but then it drops to 25 miles/$1k for the mileage checking with interest.
I think the tiers have dropped for the CDs as well, with a lower payout at $50k.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:05 am
Original Poster

follow up questions-
1. how many miles will i earn with bankdirect account and put in cd for 24 months - 100k
2. for citigold, what is the 1099 that people are getting that earns 30k miles?

i am trying to access which is the best option to get AA miles.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by troyhouse
follow up questions-
1. how many miles will i earn with bankdirect account and put in cd for 24 months - 100k
2. for citigold, what is the 1099 that people are getting that earns 30k miles?

i am trying to access which is the best option to get AA miles.
anyone with the numbers that can help me? please.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:13 am

Miles for bank accounts

Does anyone know of any new banks that give miles for deposits like bankdirect. I figured with slightly higher rates some more offers may come available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.