Reload this Page >

New 50-60K HH Amex offers - till 10/31/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 50-60K HH Amex offers - till 10/31/12

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:25 am

Is anyone else getting a tech error page after entering information in using stupidzbu's link?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
I received a targeted offer today for the HH Amex via snailmail. 60K after $750 spend in first 3 months. Nowhere on the 2 pages that were in the offer does it state that the bonus would not be valid for previous or current cardholders or previous recipients of HH bonus points from Amex.

I actually already have this card from my September apps (I got the 50K bonus then and have already met the spend and received the points). The offer specifies my HH points total as of 8/20/12 so may have been triggered by my last Hilton stay which was in July.

My original plan was to upgrade for the 60K bonus annual fee card. Now I'm wondering if I can double dip on the no fee card then go back for thirds on the upgrade to my original card... can you hold 2 of the same HH Amex cards?
Because the offer was targeted to me, I called AMEX app line and explained that I had recently received this card and then received this offer in the mail for 60K bonus and wanted to know if I was eligible. The CSR said that while yes, I could have 2 of the same card, I would not get the 2nd "new account bonus". She then stated that the "new account bonus policy" excluded me because I had a) had the same card w/in the previous 90 days and b) had received HH bonus points from any ccard sign up w/in the past 60 days. I did make a play for the difference in bonus points but was transferred to, then shot down by, the CS dept who wanted to transfer me to HH CS.

I guess I'll have to settle for just the upgrade to my original card which is very attractive because of the no credit pull.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:42 pm

Both links in OP are dead

New Hilton Surpass 60k offer valid through 02/28/2013:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ard/71-1000-67

Funny thing is that I did not also receive an offer for the no-annual fee Amex Hilton, which usually comes in the same email. If anyone has that link, could you please post it?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v

Funny thing is that I did not also receive an offer for the no-annual fee Amex Hilton, which usually comes in the same email. If anyone has that link, could you please post it?
Nice find on the Surpass 60k new link.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:35 pm

i hit 20k spending on my hh amex card and it says i qualify for gold status with hhonors. does anyone know how long a will remain gold? thanks
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by lazyy
i hit 20k spending on my hh amex card and it says i qualify for gold status with hhonors. does anyone know how long a will remain gold? thanks
a year with the Surpass card.
Forever Gold while keeping the Citi Reserve card.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by lazyy
Easiest way is to wait for the gold membership card to arrive in the mail and it will show its expiration date.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:37 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by michael_v

TPG (thepointsguy) is reporting a new offer of 50k after $750 spend for the regular Hilton AMEX... link is on his site. Clicking through to the application shows that it expires after 2/28/13 as well.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by dw
TPG (thepointsguy) is reporting a new offer of 50k after $750 spend for the regular Hilton AMEX... link is on his site. Clicking through to the application shows that it expires after 2/28/13 as well.

Yes and there is no annual fee

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...BQyz71B8vpyWDp
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I have the final outcome of double dipping

I was rejected for the SURPASS signon bonus and finally got clarification from AMEX from a supervisor.

I'm pretty pissed off because I verified this crap with a CSR before doing it. Originally I was told that the SURPASS was a different product than the one I had and would thus qualify, but not so.

AMEX considers all hilton cards as one product, it doesn't matter what kind of hilton card it is.

In order to qualify for multiple hilton bonuses you need to have 12 months +1 day from your last application AND have the account closed for a minimum of 90 days.

you CAN NOT have ANY hilton AMEX open if you plan on double dipping.

However, if I had clicked this link to upgrade my fee-free to SURPASS, I would have gotten an additional 50k for $3k spend

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Honors-Surpass

(if it doesn't show up, log into your amex account)

And they pulled some BS that they couldn't give me that because the departments are separate or whatever.

I asked if they would at least waive the annual fee and they said only if I cancelled the card.

So I basically wasted $3k in spend on this card to get nothing out of it
My question relates to the area I put in bold: how sure are you that you would have received the full 50K on the upgrade offer after they screwed you once already? I have the same offer on my Amex page & thinking of upgrading. I've had the basic no-fee card Amex Hh card since 5/12. I'm dubious of this 50K upgrade offer.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
My question relates to the area I put in bold: how sure are you that you would have received the full 50K on the upgrade offer after they screwed you once already? I have the same offer on my Amex page & thinking of upgrading. I've had the basic no-fee card Amex Hh card since 5/12. I'm dubious of this 50K upgrade offer.
Getting the regular card bonus, then the surpass upgrade bonus worked for me though it was a while ago like last year I think around July. I got the regular Hilton, got that bonus, then had the upgrade offer pop up on my account a few months later, clicked on it and got the bonus for the surpass card. Makes me think that like someone mentioned above the optimum thing now is to cancel my surpass, wait 90 days and then start again with the regular and hope for the upgrade offer again later on.

Also, someone asked about if you have to wait for the new card to show up, no, I never got a new card. I still have the original one but it shows as Surpass online. Since the number stays the same what the physical card looks like does not matter. So at least for me they didn't send a Surpass card, just upgraded the account.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I have the final outcome of double dipping

I was rejected for the SURPASS signon bonus and finally got clarification from AMEX from a supervisor.

I'm pretty pissed off because I verified this crap with a CSR before doing it. Originally I was told that the SURPASS was a different product than the one I had and would thus qualify, but not so.

AMEX considers all hilton cards as one product, it doesn't matter what kind of hilton card it is.

In order to qualify for multiple hilton bonuses you need to have 12 months +1 day from your last application AND have the account closed for a minimum of 90 days.

you CAN NOT have ANY hilton AMEX open if you plan on double dipping.

However, if I had clicked this link to upgrade my fee-free to SURPASS, I would have gotten an additional 50k for $3k spend

(if it doesn't show up, log into your amex account)

And they pulled some BS that they couldn't give me that because the departments are separate or whatever.

I asked if they would at least waive the annual fee and they said only if I cancelled the card.

So I basically wasted $3k in spend on this card to get nothing out of it
I applied for and received regular HHonors card in November. I already hit $3k spend and received 65K points. I tried the upgrade link but received the message that "Your card is not eligible for this upgrade". What is the eligibility requirement?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by dw
I applied for the Hilton AMEX yesterday without checking here first and got approved for the 40K after $750 spend. Has anyone had any luck getting AMEX to change the promotion from 40K to 50K, or something similar, after you've already been approved?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I just noticed on the Amex Hilton Surpass page is does NOT mention 6x on drugstore anymore. Anyone else see that??

Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
I just noticed on the Amex Hilton Surpass page is does NOT mention 6x on drugstore anymore. Anyone else see that??

Ouch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.