[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I applied for the personal SPG last week, got instant approval and received the card the next day by UPS.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by factory81
Super disappointed so far with AMEX. Approved on August 8th - still no card.

I am almost concerned the card won't be here in time for my flight this Friday. If that is in fact true - AMEX will be in the "all hope is lost category". Aka to hell with them. They can't even print a card out and get it to someone in decent time.
Next time request expediting if you are in a rush. You'll likely get your card unless there was a credit/profile issue. Otherwise you have yourself to look to for why you did not expedite if a rush was needed.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:08 pm

I wonder if it has to do with the personal profile that they have set up for you. I believe that I requested an expedited card a long time ago and ever since then, I've gotten my cards within two business days. All my e-mail approvals say 2-3 business days and even my Hilton Surpass upgrade came expedited.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by factory81
Super disappointed so far with AMEX. Approved on August 8th - still no card.

I am almost concerned the card won't be here in time for my flight this Friday. If that is in fact true - AMEX will be in the "all hope is lost category". Aka to hell with them. They can't even print a card out and get it to someone in decent time.
It's been four business days since you applied and got approved.

Patience my friend, patience.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by gtu2004
Does Amex do 1 day/2day/or overnight for expedited delivery option? I need to pay something fast (this Friday) and will want to apply tonight, call tomorrow morning, and have them expedite deliver so I can get the card on Thurs. Too tough?
I have an update on this. I applied for the SPG AmEx on Monday evening. I called in yesterday to find out if the card could be expedited. I was told that it wasn't possible (apparently since my initial card had not yet been printed). Today, I called the number listed on the app status check website at https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do, and they then transferred me to 1-800-992-3404 (the card replacement phone #). An Indian CSR said she put the request in to expedite the card, and she then transferred me to a U.S. CSR. The U.S. CSR said my card was actually printed and mailed yesterday, so there wouldn't be any benefit in expediting the card.

Bottom line is that there is no straight answer from AmEx on whether or how to have the card expedited. You can certainly try to work your way through the AmEx CSRs to find one that can make it happen, though I wouldn't count on it working out.

Last edited by vortix; Aug 15, 2012 at 7:27 am
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:20 am

I applied for the SPG Biz card this morning online and received "in Progress" As impatient as I am, I called within half hour. Told I was approved so i asked for the card to be expedited.

Amex is very generous. I already have 4 hard inquiries within last 6 months on my Experian report and one of them is their AMEX Hilton last month. In fact the last 3 were in June and July.

YIPEE!!!!! more cash and points redemption for me.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Has anyone who has this card used it for the twitter/facebook social media promos where amex credits you back for syncing and spending at certain locations? I'd like to know if this card qualifies for that since it's co-branded. I've only used a gold card and I intend on getting this card and wouldn't mind using both cards.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Altoid
Has anyone who has this card used it for the twitter/facebook social media promos where amex credits you back for syncing and spending at certain locations? I'd like to know if this card qualifies for that since it's co-branded. I've only used a gold card and I intend on getting this card and wouldn't mind using both cards.
It should work just fine. The card is issued by AmEx.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:46 am

Need Business SPG...

Trying to get wife’s 5K referral bonus with personal card, but I need business card, as closed my personal AMEX SPG less than 1 year. When I open emailed link, only personal card available. Can a personal referral get a business card?

Or I closed my personal SPG 9/9/11 - opened 8/10. So the "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months." would apply?

Thanks to all.....
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Gah I got the card 3 weeks ago - wonder if there's any hope to get this retroactively...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vortix
It should work just fine. The card is issued by AmEx.
Sounds good, people haven't really given me a straight answer if they have used it, and it's co branded, so I wasn't sure.

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Gah I got the card 3 weeks ago - wonder if there's any hope to get this retroactively...
From reading this thread people are having difficulty with that. Look through the thread. I do believe someone called in and got some bonus but it wasn't as good?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:14 am

whats the reconsideration line you guys are using? Just found out i got rejected and would like to speak to someone. Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:17 am

I have used it for multiple AMEX social media promotions and it works fine
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:19 am

It's 100% OK.

In fact, I have both the personal and biz SPG and have my wife as an AU.

I've gotten 4x on the FB and twitter promos ^
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Yes, we called and were offered a courtesy bump up bonus of 2,500 points (both me and my wife). The rep said she could not give us the full 5K (from 25K to 30K). We also got the card about 3 weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.