[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by bandana1948
I was in the same boat. When I called, they bumped mine up by 3,000 - and it appeared the CSR was willing to give me the full 5,000 if only I had the offer code for the new 30k deal. Unfortunately, I didn't, and couldn't locate it in a hurry. So if you've recently applied and received the Amex SPG for the 25k offer, try to find out what the offer code is for the 30k deal. When you have that information, call them up and see if they will credit you the extra 5k points.
I only know of the link, what is the offer code for the new deal?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Was taking about 3 hours for me a few days back.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by bandana1948
I was in the same boat. When I called, they bumped mine up by 3,000 - and it appeared the CSR was willing to give me the full 5,000 if only I had the offer code for the new 30k deal. Unfortunately, I didn't, and couldn't locate it in a hurry. So if you've recently applied and received the Amex SPG for the 25k offer, try to find out what the offer code is for the 30k deal. When you have that information, call them up and see if they will credit you the extra 5k points.
I called 4 days ago. The CSR agreed to bump me up for 3000 pts. But I haven't seen the pts posted to my account yet. How long does it take for the "good will" pts posted to your account? I am worrying that the CSR fooled me on the phone and did not actually do anything on my account since I can not track any action they took.

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by timljh
I called 4 days ago. The CSR agreed to bump me up for 3000 pts. But I haven't seen the pts posted to my account yet. How long does it take for the "good will" pts posted to your account? I am worrying that the CSR fooled me on the phone and did not actually do anything on my account since I can not track any action they took.

Thanks.
Just give it a little time only been 4 days I am sure you will get your points.

Have 1 question for everyone. 30K is the biggest bonus they have offered correct?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by World-Wide
Just give it a little time only been 4 days I am sure you will get your points.

Have 1 question for everyone. 30K is the biggest bonus they have offered correct?
Yes, 30K is the largest bonus Starwood gives. My wife got approved for Biz & Personal two years ago. We cancelled the person 13 months ago & kept the Biz. She applied for the personal card and got an instant approval. We will cancel the Biz card when the new card comes.

What is different now is the minimum spend is alot higher than 2 yrs ago. I do not recall what it was but it may have been $1K/account. Now it is $5K/account.

The Starwood pts are quite valuable. Especially when used as "cash & points" for hotel redemptions.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by timljh

Thanks.
How long ago had you applied for the card?

Same question to you bandana.

My luck wasn't as good but I had applied in May. Perhaps I need to try again with a different CSR
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
2 inquiries. one will be approved if your credit is good, one will get stuck for 5 days, but will be approved if your credit is still very good.

I suggest you don't do a biz and personal at same time.
speaking from my expereince!
Thanks for the tip! The Points Guy had a blog article today about this topic. You are correct....if you apply for both at the same time, and get instantly approved for one but waitlisted for the other, you will be hit with two inquiries (as the second inquiry will hit several days after the first). However, others have reported that if you get approved for both instantly at time of application, you will only be hit with one inquiry. So it's hit or miss, and the bottom line is there's no way you can predict what will happen ahead of time.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:06 pm

Super disappointed so far with AMEX. Approved on August 8th - still no card.

I am almost concerned the card won't be here in time for my flight this Friday. If that is in fact true - AMEX will be in the "all hope is lost category". Aka to hell with them. They can't even print a card out and get it to someone in decent time.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by factory81
Super disappointed so far with AMEX. Approved on August 8th - still no card.

I am almost concerned the card won't be here in time for my flight this Friday. If that is in fact true - AMEX will be in the "all hope is lost category". Aka to hell with them. They can't even print a card out and get it to someone in decent time.
I applied / approved Aug 7, haven't gotten mine either. Did you call when you applied and request it to be expedited? Or did you call them since?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
approved on the 9th and received the card today. didn't call for a rush or anything.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by roki
I applied / approved Aug 7, haven't gotten mine either. Did you call when you applied and request it to be expedited? Or did you call them since?
I've already received a letter from them congratulating me on being accepted and everything. I called 15 minutes after my application and I was approved at that time as well.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by roki
As a data point, i applied 8/8 evening and got my card on 8/13 (regular, non-expedited). The approval email says 5-10 business days.

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; Aug 14, 2012 at 9:25 pm
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:13 pm

Does Amex do 1 day/2day/or overnight for expedited delivery option? I need to pay something fast (this Friday) and will want to apply tonight, call tomorrow morning, and have them expedite deliver so I can get the card on Thurs. Too tough?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
Card arrived yesterday, spend done today. We like nice and easy.
when did you apply & got approved? I'm trying to see how fast the "expedite delivery" is.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by gtu2004
when did you apply & got approved? I'm trying to see how fast the "expedite delivery" is.
2 days for delivery. Healthy credit line.

Data: Platinum and PRG were overnight, not the SPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.